Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Legend questions  (Read 2117 times)

iamtrker2

More Legend questions
« on: August 05, 2007, 12:04:36 AM »

Ok for those of you that have Legend shocks, i have a small decision to make and could use your  ideas on this, not a big deal but i thought i would ask.
I just bought a set of Legends on E-Bay from Independent Cycle East, at a good price. Now Legend has come out with a new shock to fit our Screamin Eagle Electra Glides, the are an inck shorter than the standard Legend shocks. Now the question, ICE has offered to give me a full refund minus shipping if i want to buy the new Shocks. This works out to be an additional $280.00 since i have not installed the shocks i dont know if it is worth paying the extra money for the shocks made for the SEEG.
What do you guys think, would i even notice the difference?

Thanks in advance for your help
Desert Rat

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
Re: More Legend questions
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 12:50:42 AM »

Ok for those of you that have Legend shocks, i have a small decision to make and could use your  ideas on this, not a big deal but i thought i would ask.
I just bought a set of Legends on E-Bay from Independent Cycle East, at a good price. Now Legend has come out with a new shock to fit our Screamin Eagle Electra Glides, the are an inck shorter than the standard Legend shocks. Now the question, ICE has offered to give me a full refund minus shipping if i want to buy the new Shocks. This works out to be an additional $280.00 since i have not installed the shocks i dont know if it is worth paying the extra money for the shocks made for the SEEG.
What do you guys think, would i even notice the difference?

Thanks in advance for your help
Desert Rat

I'm assuming that the new shocks are one inch shorter than the "regular" models?  Since your bike is one inch lower in the front because of the fork springs, it might be better to have the shorter shocks so you don't change the steering geometry.  The other alternative is to raise the bike up to full suspension travel by having the front forks reworked by Traxxion Dynamics...more ground clearance, and longer travel for the suspension on both ends of the bike, but able to slam the rear down when you want to.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 11:31:53 AM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting. I assume I have the regulars on my SEEG that I purchased here when we did the original group buy. I find I keep mine adjusted just below full height 99% of the time. Bike rides fine but I wonder if I need to raise my front?
As to your choice, if it were me, I'd go with the shorter ones. Why, I'm not sure because mine ride fine. :nixweiss:

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 12:24:29 PM »

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Interesting. I assume I have the regulars on my SEEG that I purchased here when we did the original group buy. I find I keep mine adjusted just below full height 99% of the time. Bike rides fine but I wonder if I need to raise my front?
As to your choice, if it were me, I'd go with the shorter ones. Why, I'm not sure because mine ride fine. :nixweiss:

Mark....Spydglide has the same set up as you, and he's been fine since '04 and 40K+ miles.  But, if you really want to complete your suspension package and make that Bannana the best it can be, do the AK-20 cartridge upgrade...then you can decide if you want the front end with full suspension or keep it lowered the inch.  Max and his group can do them either way for you and not lose any of the great benefits to their front end work.  You need to ride a bike that has the forks done...if the opportunity presents itself when we're in the same place at the same time, ride my scoot and see what you think.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 02:38:41 PM »

Mark....Spydglide has the same set up as you, and he's been fine since '04 and 40K+ miles.  But, if you really want to complete your suspension package and make that Bannana the best it can be, do the AK-20 cartridge upgrade...then you can decide if you want the front end with full suspension or keep it lowered the inch.  Max and his group can do them either way for you and not lose any of the great benefits to their front end work.  You need to ride a bike that has the forks done...if the opportunity presents itself when we're in the same place at the same time, ride my scoot and see what you think.

Mark, you're welcome to ride mine - if I ever get it out of the shop!  Hope to have it for the Club H.O.G. next week in Knoxville.  Think you're going, right?  If so you can check it out and see how you like the Traxxion AK-20 cartridge upgrade. 

Jerry

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 03:46:10 PM »

Thanks Jerry, hope you can make it. I can't wait to hear about the posse ride.

Page created in 0.149 seconds with 21 queries.