Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Author Topic: Lyndall Z Pads  (Read 32695 times)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• CVO1: FLSTFSE
    • Aussie's home page
Lyndall Z Pads
« on: November 12, 2006, 09:49:35 PM »

Just wondering how many are using the Lyndall Z Pads & do they really make much difference when still using the stock calipers. I read somewhere they stop you 10% quicker than stock pads. Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 04:18:35 AM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Lyndall Z Pads
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2006, 09:55:32 PM »

Just wondering how many are using the Lyndall Z Pads & do they really make much difference when still using the stock calipers. I read somewhere they stop you 10% quicker than stock pads. Any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers
Aussie

Use them.  Love 'em.  Feel better.  Stop better.  No fade.  Much less dust.  Last forever.  I replaced my rears at well 20,000 miles and there was still 1/4 of the pads left.  Fronts are still running and have plenty of meat remaining.

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2006, 10:04:34 PM »

Use them.
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2006, 10:16:12 PM »

The pads are great! The best brake value out there. I just bought brembo calipers and am ordering the Z pads for them as well.

You won't be disappointed!

Compared to stock pads on oem calipers...I'd say 100% improvement front & back. Great feel & responce. No more unexpected lockup of the rear wheel.

As a matter of fact. I liked my brakes better with the oem calipers & Z pads than I do with my new Brembo's with Brembo pads. That's why I'm replacing the brembo pads with the Z pads.

Now STOP wondering and order them up...Be safe & Brake better  :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:33:58 PM by Grover »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2006, 10:19:24 PM »

As a matter of fact. I liked my brakes better with the oem calipers & Z pads than I do with my new Brembo's with Brembo pads. That's why I'm replacing the brembo pads with the Z pads.

Now STOP wondering and order them up...Be safe & Brake better [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Mark, I had a similar reaction.  Finally got a chance to ride a dresser with Brembos and whtever pads came with the Brembos just a month or so ago.  Way better than stock of course.  But not appreciably better than my stock calipers with the other pads.  

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 10:40:32 AM »

I'll add another vote for the Z-Pads (thanks Grover for the recommendation earlier this year).  More stopping power, better feel, less dust
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 03:05:50 PM »

The pads are great! The best brake value out there. I just bought brembo calipers and am ordering the Z pads for them as well.

You won't be dissapointed!

Compared to stock pads on oem calipers...I'd say 100% improvement front & back. Great feel & responce. No more unexpected lockup of the rear wheel.

[highlight]Now STOP wondering and order them up...Be safe & Brake better [/highlight][smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

OK, they have been ordered! Thanks for the help in relieving me of some more cash (2 sets for $80 + $6 S&H to OZ) I thought it was a great deal for such a good quality pad.
When you consider the list price on the stock HD pads is $35.95 per set.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 03:10:51 PM »

Where did you order them from? Do they make pads for older style (mid 80's) calipers? Thanks, Hoist!
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 03:18:30 PM »

Where did you order them from? Do they make pads for older style (mid 80's) calipers? Thanks, Hoist!
You can get information about them here - Lyndall Racing Brakes, LLC

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 03:19:06 PM by flhtcse2004 »
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 03:31:30 PM »

Why thank you very much! I love this site. Where else can you get instant info and non-biased (and man they really are non-biased) opinions while having fun doing it? I've been doing it on my own all these years. You don't know how hard it is to find out if things are really as good as they're made out to be or if they work at all. Good quality or bad? Bike rags usually say everthing is the greatest since sliced bread. That's because they're getting advertising $$$ to say that! Don't get tempted to take advertisements on this site, if that's possible. Keepin' it real, your passion and you people are what makes this site so special! thanks for making me a part of it! Hoist!

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 03:39:36 PM »

Hoist,

I found them on ebay click on the link below.

check them out here

Cheers
Aussie
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 06:14:06 PM by AUSSIE_FLSTFSE »
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2006, 06:08:14 PM »

Thanks for that link mate. Hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2006, 06:56:46 PM »

Just ordered fronts and rears for the FXWG. I'll let you know what I think. Hoist!

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2006, 07:02:09 PM »

Just ordered fronts and rears for the FXWG. I'll let you know what I think. Hoist!

Did you go through Hammer Customs ?

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2006, 07:08:19 PM »

Yes I did. They didn't have any info on their site for the '85. I e-mailed them. Steve Hammer promptly e-mailed back and said he'd get them for me at the same price. Thanks for the head's up! Hoist!

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 02:11:56 AM »

Ok I am late to this one, but for posterity sake I will chime in anyhow.

Have them on all 3 bikes wait make that 2 now ...  errr   They stop great, they have very little breakdust throwoff on your wheels.  The dust its minimal at, and its so much easier to keep wheels clean and my only gripe is there is a period of about 500 to 1000 miles that i get a bit of squeal out of them then it goes away.  Generally this has happened about 500 to 1000 miles into using the pads.   Its a bit annoying, but after having been through it once I just go ride the breaks a bit harder on the next run and usually its gone by then.   For the cost difference from Harley you can't beat em and the benefits far outweight the annoying break noise its like a car that is to close to the sensor telling you its time to get new breaks on a car.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

kbiforce

• Junior CVO Member
  • I'd rather be twisting the wick!!!!!!!

• CVO1: 2004 Black/Blue
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTK
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 10:55:10 AM »

I had used the Z+ with the stock calipers and loved them. Went to the Hawg Halter calipers and was going to order Lyndall's to replace the pads that came with them but didn't. I thought I'd give them a shot. The pads that came with the HH's didn't stop nearly as well and would blow black dust all over the front end. Orderd the Z+ and just changed them out last night and already they are far superior!!!! Can't say enough good things about Lyndall's!!! Thanks to the members of this site for turning me on to them.

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2006, 10:21:12 AM »

Another vote for Lyndals.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 10:21:58 AM by DDL »
'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 04:26:07 AM »

Got my new pads a couple of days ago, I will try to find time to fit them up tomorrow morning. No I [highlight]will [/highlight]fit them up tomorrow morning. I will give them a workout on Sunday & let you know what I think.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

AUSSIE_FLSTFSE

• 1K CVO Member
  • Aussie

• Aussie's home page
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 12:23:54 AM »

New pads are great! especially the front, it really pulls up quicker.

Cheers
Aussie
FATBOYS RULE

OCD is a disease

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 09:46:06 AM »

OK, I want to thank you all very much for helping me spend my money! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] I have been after these babies and forgot about it until now. Especially if it helps on the brake dust! Don't believe you can go wrong. Thanks Again and god Bless!

JR [smiley=banana.gif]

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2007, 05:47:50 PM »

Took everyone's advise and installed the Z's yesterday  (front and rear).  My bike has 13,600 miles and the OE pads were at least 75% left.  Rode 20 miles yesterday and they have a better feel thru the hand and foot and stop better.  Thanks!

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2007, 04:18:54 PM »

Cheers
Aussie
Another vote here for Lyndall Z Pads. :2vrolijk_21: Just had my pads replaced the other day and what a difference these made. From the feel of my levers before changing them I thought my pads were worn out, but when they were pulled they still had about half the pad left (stock pads). Now w/the Lyndall's I have less lever travel when applying the brakes which I would believe to relate to more brake power, and also less brake dust.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG & 2011 Ultra -Sold
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra
    • CVO3: 2013 SERG Custom Atomic Orange/ Galaxy Gray
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2007, 02:44:10 AM »

Well Guy's
I hope your right Jim is changing both mine and Bandanagirls brake pads Saturday to the lyndall Z's And maybe alittle more Bling. :nixweiss:

Don
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 02:47:02 AM by iselbulls »

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2007, 06:43:49 AM »

Another piece to put on file for the next services.  Are they easy to fit yourself

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2007, 09:31:39 AM »

If your on a bagger...dont forget to get three sets...

OK...maybe I did?

Barry
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2007, 11:23:29 AM »

Well Guy's
I hope your right Jim is changing both mine and Bandanagirls brake pads Saturday to the lyndall Z's And maybe alittle more Bling. :nixweiss:

Don

Don,

You're going to love them.  Have them on both bikes.  No comparison to stock pads
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2007, 12:37:15 AM »

Don,

You're going to love them.  Have them on both bikes.  No comparison to stock pads

Hey! Ernie
I know you have them I tryed to steal yours for Suzanne's bike the last time we were there but! Jim would go for it.

Don

johneb48

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2007, 07:55:07 PM »

Got these little jems on an '04 FXST and '05 FLSTF--one of the best investments--great pads.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2007, 08:09:53 PM »

Well Guy's

Don
It's Sunday now, what do you think?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

The Bolvine Gigolo!

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • ALL IN A DAYS WORK!
    • CA

« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2007, 01:03:08 AM »

SIt's unday now, what do you think?

Hey! Gary
Well Bandanagirl was very happy with them, I had alittle problem I bought mine from somebody on the site here can't remember who it was, I told him I needed them for my Brembo's I didn't look at them when they arrived, Wrong ones they were for the stock HD's, so Jim ordered the right ones. Oh! yes and a few extra's Chrome Starter, chrome belt guard, chrome center stand. I really wish he wouldn't have his bike around when I"m up to his shop.

Don............
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:28:30 AM by iselbulls »

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2007, 08:17:35 AM »

So how much do these pads cost?

Twin disc upfront
single in rear
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:09:42 AM by Silver-Black »

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2007, 09:03:32 AM »

So how much do these pads cost?

Twin disc upfront
sinle in rear
Chip,

The Lyndall "Z" pads, #7195, list for $46.00 but can be found at various on-line stores like Cycle Spot for $36 - $40 per set.  All 3 calipers take the same part number.  For reference, the stock pads from H-D list for $35.95  -  I find that to be a little high for paper weights.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #33 on: August 06, 2007, 09:41:52 AM »

I got mine from Cyclespot when I ordered they were $34.55 set/pair, but they have now gone up to $39.98 set/pair. You can see them here - Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads @ Cyclespot. Remember you will need to get three sets/pair for your EG (one set/pair for each rotor).

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #34 on: August 06, 2007, 09:59:41 AM »

I got mine from Cyclespot when I ordered they were $34.55 set/pair, but they have now gone up to $39.98 set/pair. You can see them here - Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads @ Cyclespot. Remember you will need to get three sets/pair for your EG (one set/pair for each rotor).

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Thanks Jerry and dOOd

For me that will be 6 sets :'(

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #35 on: August 06, 2007, 10:04:39 AM »

Hey! Gary
Well Bandanagirl was very happy with them, I had alittle problem I bought mine from somebody on the site here can't remember who it was, I told him I needed them for my Brembo's I didn't look at them when they arrived, Wrong ones they were for the stock HD's, so Jim ordered the right ones. Oh! yes and a few extra's Chrome Starter, chrome belt guard, chrome center stand. I really wish he wouldn't have his bike around when I"m up to his shop.

Don............
Glad she likes them, and I'm sure you will when you get them on your bike. :2vrolijk_21: Don't feel bad I've only seen pictures of Jim's bike and he's spent some of my money too. Can't imagine what it would be like to see it in person.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• CVO1: 2005.3217-45 FLHTCSE2
    • Porthole II
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2007, 01:10:36 PM »

Just ordered the pads from cyclespot. There are two different links for the same part number.

Part number 49-2267 for $34.55
http://www.cyclespot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=49-2267&Category_Code=&Search=LYNDALL+RACING+BRAKES+z+pads&Offset=&filter_cat=&exclude_word=&the_fieldlist=g.SRCH_CODE|g.SRCH_NAME|g.SRCH_PRICE|g.SRCH_DESC&range_low=&range_high=&dopowersearch=1&SRCH_CATEGORY_HF=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=

Part number 49-2267 for $39.95
http://www.cyclespot.com/discount-harley-parts/49-2267.html

But when you click on the above link and then the "add to cart" button it takes you to the $34.55 priced parts.

3 sets with shipping for $109.60
:fireman: Duane  :fireman:

MV 2013

1982 LowRider * 1974 XLCH * 1972 Adnoh
You can't control the weather, only how you deal with it

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: August 06, 2007, 01:27:52 PM »

Just ordered the pads from cyclespot. There are two different links for the same part number.

Part number 49-2267 for $34.55
http://www.cyclespot.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=49-2267&Category_Code=&Search=LYNDALL+RACING+BRAKES+z+pads&Offset=&filter_cat=&exclude_word=&the_fieldlist=g.SRCH_CODE|g.SRCH_NAME|g.SRCH_PRICE|g.SRCH_DESC&range_low=&range_high=&dopowersearch=1&SRCH_CATEGORY_HF=&PowerSearch_Begin_Only=

Part number 49-2267 for $39.95
http://www.cyclespot.com/discount-harley-parts/49-2267.html

But when you click on the above link and then the "add to cart" button it takes you to the $34.55 priced parts.

3 sets with shipping for $109.60
Duane,
Thanks. I remember when I ordered there was two different listing/prices but couldn't find the cheaper one and thought they had found and corrected it.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

EAGLE1

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE CVO Street Glide "Silvia"
    • CVO2: 2006 FLSTFSE² Screamin’ Eagle® Fat Boy® (SOLD)
« Reply #38 on: August 06, 2007, 06:38:50 PM »

I CONCUR, You're going to love them.  No comparison to stock pads as far as stopping, The only thing is that I personally have not noticed any significant decrease in dust, and as a matter of fact with in the first few hundred miles they seemed to be worse.

Toes in the water, ass in the sand

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2007, 08:51:28 PM »

Holy Chit these pads are great.I just swapped mine out today and the feel and stopping power is light years ahead of the stock ones.I'm a believer now. Great product.  Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2007, 08:53:26 PM »

The fronts were easy to install but the backs were a bitch. Later,Q
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2007, 12:50:13 AM »

The fronts were easy to install but the backs were a bitch. Later,Q

Did you do the backs with the wheel on?
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

The Mysterious Q!

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • CT
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2007, 07:54:08 AM »

Did you do the backs with the wheel on?

Yes I did Ernie.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2007, 11:42:56 AM »

Yes I did Ernie.

Hey Q...get you a new chrome caliper for the rear and it'll be easier next time... :huepfenlol2: :huepfenlol2:

It's really hard to believe until you feel it, what a difference a simple brake pad can make over the stock POS stuff.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2007, 12:13:58 PM »

It's really hard to believe until you feel it, what a difference a simple brake pad can make over the stock POS stuff.

Like Terry stated, besides stopping better, the pedal and lever has a much firmer feel (not spongey).    I don't know if it's because the back plate on the pad is not flexing?  The MOCO pads are like steel ceramic and the Z's are more like a pad (if that makes any sense).  The scraping noise at slow speed is also gone.  the MOCO pads are too hard.

With the help of the aftermarket, you can finally make a HD a nice bike.   The MOCO could do it to but would cost them a few pennies a bike.

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2007, 03:10:22 PM »

Like Terry stated, besides stopping better, the pedal and lever has a much firmer feel (not spongey).    I don't know if it's because the back plate on the pad is not flexing?  The MOCO pads are like steel ceramic and the Z's are more like a pad (if that makes any sense).  The scraping noise at slow speed is also gone.  the MOCO pads are too hard.

With the help of the aftermarket, you can finally make a HD a nice bike.   The MOCO could do it to but would cost them a few pennies a bike.

Good brakes and a front end that works make a hell of a difference in how the bike stops, huh Bob?  Makes it all a much safer ride... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

TTS Mastertune

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2007, 04:04:50 PM »

Good brakes and a front end that works make a hell of a difference in how the bike stops, huh Bob?  Makes it all a much safer ride... :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

You or Don haven't steered me wrong yet on my upgrades.  Thanks!    :2vrolijk_21:

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2008, 11:06:58 PM »

i love em.   they work great,   won't buy anything else.

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2008, 07:06:29 PM »

They are the best and cheaper than stock.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2008, 07:11:35 PM »

They are the best and cheaper than stock.

There is no price on saftey...These have saved my a#@ more than once>>>I won't put anything on except Lydall>>Greg 
Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 09:14:47 PM »

Just installed these pads on the front today. Have not rode yet but
lever seems to have firmer feel to it. All is good so far. Installing
them on rear when I have more time.

Mark

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 09:20:23 PM »

Mark

Mark, don't know if you were on it enough to notice the feel.  If you did those pads are on my bike front and rear.

REGGAB

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 09:27:53 PM »

Mark

I can't remember when I installed these pads on my SEUC, but I liked them so much, that I immediately bought a set for the Sportster.  During my phone conversation with Paul Kittrell prior to my purchase, he indicated 30% more stopping power over stock.  Not sure how that percentage was calculated, but what I do know, is both of my bikes stop........Right Now!  You'll love 'em!

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2008, 09:38:28 PM »

Mark, don't know if you were on it enough to notice the feel.  If you did those pads are on my bike front and rear.

Don, your bike was so different than mine, it was hard to notice everything.
could have noticed more had I spent more time on it. There was so many
aspects of yours that were better than mine, hard to take it all in at once.

wildey

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2008, 09:44:38 PM »

I had these pads on my 06 Ultra, Now I have an 08 with the ABS, Can you just switch pads with the Brembo ABS with no problems? Or something special need to be done??

Thank you

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 10:21:54 PM »

I had these pads on my 06 Ultra, Now I have an 08 with the ABS, Can you just switch pads with the Brembo ABS with no problems? Or something special need to be done??

Thank you

The '08 takes a different part number from Lyndall, but other than that there's nothing special.

Jerry

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

wildey

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2008, 10:39:34 PM »

The '08 takes a different part number from Lyndall, but other than that there's nothing special.

Jerry

Thanks Jerry, !!!

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »

Wouldn't be too quick to judge differences Mark.  I still remember the big grin on your face coming back from John's.  Only a damn fine banana could do that :2vrolijk_21: .

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2008, 11:03:52 PM »

Wouldn't be too quick to judge differences Mark.  I still remember the big grin on your face coming back from John's.  Only a damn fine banana could do that :2vrolijk_21: .

I am still very happy with the work John did on my bike. The power is right where I want it to.
I still love my bike but is always a work in progress.

Your bars and seat made it feel much different than mine and your engine is stronger, brakes
stronger, suspension smoother, it felt like a different model bike than mine. I am wanting to
do the 575 bars and a corbin seat next after the 20,000 mile service. It seems like the mods
and the money just keep pouring into it. It's all good, I love my bike. :bananarock:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2008, 11:08:15 PM »

I am still very happy with the work John did on my bike. The power is right where I want it to.
I still love my bike but is always a work in progress.

Your bars and seat made it feel much different than mine and your engine is stronger, brakes
stronger, suspension smoother, it felt like a different model bike than mine. I am wanting to
do the 575 bars and a corbin seat next after the 20,000 mile service. It seems like the mods
and the money just keep pouring into it. It's all good, I love my bike. :bananarock:

You going to tackle the bars yourself?  Or you and Mike going to bring beer and we do it here in the garage some weekend?  Hey, bring a whole pile of parts.  And more beer.  The front tire might be on the back and counter rotating before we're done.  But it'll be fun.

Ken is thinking about having John do his magic to the new Jim's motor this weekend.  You ought to tell him all about the special voodoo that he do do.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2008, 11:25:59 PM »

You going to tackle the bars yourself?  Or you and Mike going to bring beer and we do it here in the garage some weekend?  Hey, bring a whole pile of parts.  And more beer.  The front tire might be on the back and counter rotating before we're done.  But it'll be fun.

Ken is thinking about having John do his magic to the new Jim's motor this weekend.  You ought to tell him all about the special voodoo that he do do.

Bubba did the 575 bars in his bike so now that he has experience I thought I would
talk him into doing mine to. I don't know about all that beer, the bars might be hanging
on the trunk or at the least turned around backwards. But if you have more experience
and more tools me and ole bubba might have to road trip to Joplin.

John's special voodoo magic has BIG POWERS. He can turn a stock bike into a fire breathing
monster capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound and crushing your competition!!!!

Ken would be very VERY happy I think with Johns work on a nice Jims motor. Big smiles all around.

Mark

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2008, 01:13:32 AM »

Bubba did the 575 bars in his bike so now that he has experience I thought I would
talk him into doing mine to. I don't know about all that beer, the bars might be hanging
on the trunk or at the least turned around backwards. But if you have more experience
and more tools me and ole bubba might have to road trip to Joplin.

John's special voodoo magic has BIG POWERS. He can turn a stock bike into a fire breathing
monster capable of leaping tall buildings in a single bound and crushing your competition!!!!

Ken would be very VERY happy I think with Johns work on a nice Jims motor. Big smiles all around.

Mark

I remembered Mike doing his.  Was just hoping to score free beer :coolblue: .

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2008, 11:27:38 AM »

It would take you 16 days 3 hours and 47 minutes to find all the changes, and while you were searching something else would be changed .........

MV 2013

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »

It would take you 16 days 3 hours and 47 minutes to find all the changes, and while you were searching something else would be changed .........
So true, sounds like you know Don very well. I believe he has OCD. (obsessive change disorder).
But his bike rides and looks good.

Mark

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2008, 08:21:04 PM »

I remembered Mike doing his.  Was just hoping to score free beer :coolblue: .
Sorry to let you down my friend, but Mike usually works cheaper. I would probably only
have to wash his bike one time. :huepfenlol2:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2008, 10:07:45 PM »

Sorry to let you down my friend, but Mike usually works cheaper. I would probably only
have to wash his bike one time. :huepfenlol2:

Ok, if that's how you're gonna be....  I'll bring the beer and we can drink it while watching Mike work :2vrolijk_21: .

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2008, 11:56:15 PM »

Ok, if that's how you're gonna be....  I'll bring the beer and we can drink it while watching Mike work :2vrolijk_21: .

Damn, it's a shame I had to sell the SEUC...miss her badly, but must move forward.  Had her 98% done, other than the motor work, and that was almost secondary to how she stopped and handled.  :'( :'(

Watching and drinking beer is one of my favorite pastimes...can I come and watch too?   ;)

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2008, 12:06:09 AM »

Damn, it's a shame I had to sell the SEUC...miss her badly, but must move forward.  Had her 98% done, other than the motor work, and that was almost secondary to how she stopped and handled.  :'( :'(

Watching and drinking beer is one of my favorite pastimes...can I come and watch too?   ;)

Sounds like we're meeting at Mike's place when Mark gets his handlebars.  TC and I will man the bottle openers!!  (it's a tough job but we're skilled!)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2008, 12:07:11 AM »

uh oh, just saw ^ that Bubba is up there reading this thread right now.....

Bet our fun gets blown right out of the tub :bigcry: .

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2008, 12:13:42 AM »

uh oh, just saw ^ that Bubba is up there reading this thread right now.....

Bet our fun gets blown right out of the tub :bigcry: .

Well, that sucks... ;)  I had my bottle opener all packed, and if we forgot it, we can always use a pair of channel locks...or find an old church key.  How many remember that term?

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2008, 12:22:11 AM »

Well, that sucks... ;)  I had my bottle opener all packed, and if we forgot it, we can always use a pair of channel locks...or find an old church key.  How many remember that term?

whisper mode = on

Hey TC, Bubba has come and gone and didn't write anything.  I think we're still good to heckle during the work and drink all the beer!

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2008, 12:27:10 AM »

whisper mode = on

Hey TC, Bubba has come and gone and didn't write anything.  I think we're still good to heckle during the work and drink all the beer!

Buddy, if I can ever get my ass up that way, you'll have a drinking partner.  I want to make friends with Diz, and see the new bike, and the "old" bike too.  Soon.

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2008, 01:23:40 AM »

Buddy, if I can ever get my ass up that way, you'll have a drinking partner.  I want to make friends with Diz, and see the new bike, and the "old" bike too.  Soon.

Terry, if what I say next isn't love I don't know what is man.  You're welcome here anytime to ride either bike; even if you bring Toby ??? .

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2008, 08:31:36 PM »

Now that is just the BEST idea I have heard in months. I'm ALL IN. :2vrolijk_21:

Mark

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2008, 08:49:36 PM »

Now that is just the BEST idea I have heard in months. I'm ALL IN. :2vrolijk_21:

Mark

NOW we have a plan. :2vrolijk_21:

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2008, 09:06:31 PM »

Don, you and TC are welcome at my place(or Bubba's garage) anytime. I will let
you know when I get the bars. Have to break the news to Bubba gently and he
might even do it for free if you and TC will coach him on the install. We might
even go out for a meal afterwards, I do believe I owe you one.

Mark

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2008, 09:10:43 PM »

Don, you and TC are welcome at my place(or Bubba's garage) anytime. I will let
you know when I get the bars. Have to break the news to Bubba gently and he
might even do it for free if you and TC will coach him on the install. We might
even go out for a meal afterwards, I do believe I owe you one.

Mark

Sounds like a party excellent time for mutual assistance.  I'm sure I speak for TC when I say we both eat food and drink beer and are quite content watching other people work on motorcycles while we eat food and drink beer :bananarock: .

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »

Sounds like a party excellent time for mutual assistance.  I'm sure I speak for TC when I say we both eat food and drink beer and are quite content watching other people work on motorcycles while we eat food and drink beer :bananarock: .
Can't help but enjoy watching someone working on a CVO and with food thrown in it
just doesn't get any better than that. I hope you and TC will enjoy it.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2008, 09:30:10 PM »

Can't help but enjoy watching someone working on a CVO and with food thrown in it
just doesn't get any better than that. I hope you and TC will enjoy it.

Hey TC, when can we go watch Bubba work on Mark's bike?  He might as well make it convenient for us ::) .

Midnight Rider

• 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2008, 11:18:27 PM »

Hey TC, when can we go watch Bubba work on Mark's bike?  He might as well make it convenient for us ::) .

That would be great fun!!  I like being Tom Sawyer, only with beer, pretzels, and farting whenever needed.  The timing would probably just be off for me, but I'll be there in spirit, if not in body.  Fart for me a couple of times, will ya?

TTS Mastertune

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #80 on: August 14, 2008, 12:46:51 AM »

Fart for me a couple of times, will ya?

:2vrolijk_21: :drink: :2vrolijk_21:

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2008, 11:17:25 PM »

You guys do understand that Russellville is DRY!   :bigcry:  But let me know when you guys will be here and I'll clean out the FRIG,
 :beerchug: and stock it. :beerchug:  We don't need the food in it anywhey because the Pizza  :love_1:  Killer don't cook at home....  :)

Sounds good to me I always wanted to learn on someone else's bike just to see if I could put it back together.  ;D  ;D

~bubba~
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

porthole

• 10K CVO Member
  • Welcome to the Machine

• Porthole II
« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2008, 11:26:04 PM »

Sounds good to me I always wanted to learn on someone else's bike just to see if I could put it back together.  ;D  ;D

Sounds like a good plan, maybe I should try that!

MV 2013

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2008, 11:36:55 PM »

Sounds like a good plan, maybe I should try that!
Don't let Bubba kid you, he has already installed them on his bike.
He (learned) on his own bike. Since he is experienced he can now
install them on mine. :2vrolijk_21: :bananarock:

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2008, 12:19:56 AM »

BTW, Bubba was good enough to come over today and help me install
the rear brake pads on my bike. It was just a little harder to do than
the fronts. ;) It is great to have friends that will help work on your
bike if needed. Thanks Bubba!!!

Bubba

• 1K CVO Member
  • LIVE TO RIDE! RIDE TO EAT!

• CVO1: 2006 CUSE B/S
« Reply #85 on: August 17, 2008, 12:32:33 AM »

Mark next time just bring your bike over here......

I'm a city boy, (don't remember bugs over here at the bubba house).  Man I don't remember being eat up by those skitters, but them things can stand FLAT FOODED and SCREW a TURKEY.......  :o

but you are welcome my friend.

mike
Any-day above ground is worth living so let's go riding!!!

103CVO

« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2008, 03:42:31 PM »

Ok, my brakes only have 10K on them..  but I bit the bullet and ordered 3 sets of pads from CycleSpot.  They appear to be the cheapest out there (well, if you get the correct sku).  I'll be putting them on this weekend if they show up!

Any words of advice..  besides the usual 6 pack, and good luck?
2003 SERK, Rhineharts, SEAC, PCIII, and a bunch of other crap that cost me too much money.

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2008, 09:25:54 PM »

Ok, my brakes only have 10K on them..  but I bit the bullet and ordered 3 sets of pads from CycleSpot.  They appear to be the cheapest out there (well, if you get the correct sku).  I'll be putting them on this weekend if they show up!

Any words of advice..  besides the usual 6 pack, and good luck?
Fronts are easy, the rear is a different story. It is easy if you back the axle out
enough to free the caliper.

Mark

103CVO

« Reply #88 on: August 21, 2008, 11:19:29 AM »

Fronts are easy, the rear is a different story. It is easy if you back the axle out
enough to free the caliper.

Mark

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  It shows them arriving on Friday..  Just in time for the weekend festivities.. :orange:
2003 SERK, Rhineharts, SEAC, PCIII, and a bunch of other crap that cost me too much money.

sleepybare

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 CVO ULTRA
« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2008, 11:53:32 AM »

Great pads for the any amount of money. I use them on both of my bikes and could not be happier. Better stopping, less dust, and  they last a respectable amount of time. If you ever get the chance, they make great disc also which will again improve the results you get....

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2008, 02:54:48 PM »

Great pads for the any amount of money. I use them on both of my bikes and could not be happier. Better stopping, less dust, and  they last a respectable amount of time. If you ever get the chance, they make great disc also which will again improve the results you get....

....but cost a small fortune! :nixweiss:

Hoist! 8)

Banana man

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2008, 08:44:56 PM »

I can't remember when I installed these pads on my SEUC, but I liked them so much, that I immediately bought a set for the Sportster.  During my phone conversation with Paul Kittrell prior to my purchase, he indicated 30% more stopping power over stock.  Not sure how that percentage was calculated, but what I do know, is both of my bikes stop........Right Now!  You'll love 'em!
These brakes are great. 30% more stopping power is very realistic. They stop a lot better than stock
brake pads do. And yes I do love them. Will not use anything else now.

Mark

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #92 on: August 27, 2008, 06:23:35 PM »

Gentlemen... I have a 08 SERK with the obligated squeal... Needless to say, I've read on this site (numerous areas) about the Zyndall Z+ pads. I inturn ordered mine as well. Today Brown arrived (yeaaa!!) but with...the 7254 Gold Plus pads, ummmmm. Q. I see by Lyndalls site...that the Gold's are around 20 bucks extra...anyone use them? Or...send them back? Thanks heaps! Muddy
Save The Wave...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #93 on: August 27, 2008, 08:21:21 PM »

Gentlemen... I have a 08 SERK with the obligated squeal... Needless to say, I've read on this site (numerous areas) about the Zyndall Z+ pads. I inturn ordered mine as well. Today Brown arrived (yeaaa!!) but with...the 7254 Gold Plus pads, ummmmm. Q. I see by Lyndalls site...that the Gold's are around 20 bucks extra...anyone use them? Or...send them back? Thanks heaps! Muddy

Were it me I'd send them back and get what you'd originally intended.  The Gold really aren't a daily use street pad.

Muddywaters

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2008 SERK
« Reply #94 on: August 27, 2008, 09:48:26 PM »

Were it me I'd send them back and get what you'd originally intended.  The Gold really aren't a daily use street pad.

Spoke to the owner (Paul Kittrell), today... He said the Gold is their top of the line pad. He said to go ahead and use them, and if I'm not completely happy he would send the Z+. I was charged for the Z+ and that would stand. Needless to say, I'll report my test...that is, when I get my ride back from Harley! Muddy
Save The Wave...

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #95 on: August 28, 2008, 12:42:28 AM »

Spoke to the owner (Paul Kittrell), today... He said the Gold is their top of the line pad. He said to go ahead and use them, and if I'm not completely happy he would send the Z+. I was charged for the Z+ and that would stand. Needless to say, I'll report my test...that is, when I get my ride back from Harley! Muddy

Good luck.  Might be a little hard on rotors.  Something to watch.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #96 on: September 07, 2008, 09:22:57 PM »

I installed the Lyndall Z Plus Pads on my 07 SEUC before heading to the 105th. I rode in rain, high speeds and a lot of traffic. The pads worked great. No brake dust after 5,000 miles. I did get a little brake squeek when the pads were hot, it stopped when they cooled down. I will continue using them.

Scottt

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #97 on: November 04, 2008, 04:41:56 AM »

And your report is ........

I've asked an advise from Lyndall for my '08 CUSE3 :
Use our # 7254 G-Plus in the front calipers, and our # 7254 Z-Plus in the rear caliper.
Both are ABS compatible, both are zero dust, zero noise, rotor friendly, 30 % more stopping power, 18,000 mi plus service life.

I'm interested by your tests.

Jacques
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2008, 08:13:00 AM »

I would use the "Z" pads.  I've used both and the Z'z are much more rotor friendly and in my opinion are a lot more rider friendly under normal operating conditions.

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2008, 09:55:53 AM »

I would use the "Z" pads.  I've used both and the Z'z are much more rotor friendly and in my opinion are a lot more rider friendly under normal operating conditions.

Thanks to share your knowledge  :2vrolijk_21:
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2008, 10:04:37 PM »

I used the gold pad on my 2000 road king classic.  The bike sounded like a garbage truck with original pads and every other brand I tried.
I put the LRB gold pads on...problem solved.  They are the only brake pad I will ever use again.
Quiet, progressive feel, very little dust, great customer service.

guppy

REGGAB

« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2008, 10:06:28 PM »

Time to call Paul and order a set of Z Plus pads for the FLHR.

It never ends.

Ain't it great?   :2vrolijk_21:

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
    • BlackSheep Harley-Davidsons for Christ
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2008, 10:13:58 PM »

Guys, I haven't read the whole thread, but I DO have experience with the Z+ pads.  They're great UNLESS you're in heavy rain.  THEY WILL FAIL IF THEY GET WET ENOUGH. 

I read several posts back & forth on this subject on another board, and I was one who said they worked fine in the rain.  That is, until I was caught in a serious downpour.  The Z+ will fail in heavy rain, believe me.  It was a very scary moment for me, low visibility, heading for an intersection with NO BRAKES.  Not fun. 

Do the Lyndall Gold + pads.  No wet weather problems.   :2vrolijk_21:

Redline V-Twin Syn 20W50 (winter), 20W60 (summer) in the crank case.
Redline Heavy Shockproof in the tranny.
Amsoil Super Shift Syn ATF in the primary.

REGGAB

« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2008, 10:19:41 PM »

Guys, I haven't read the whole thread, but I DO have experience with the Z+ pads.  They're great UNLESS you're in heavy rain.  THEY WILL FAIL IF THEY GET WET ENOUGH. 

I read several posts back & forth on this subject on another board, and I was one who said they worked fine in the rain.  That is, until I was caught in a serious downpour.  The Z+ will fail in heavy rain, believe me.  It was a very scary moment for me, low visibility, heading for an intersection with NO BRAKES.  Not fun. 

Do the Lyndall Gold + pads.  No wet weather problems.   :2vrolijk_21:

News to me.  I've been caught in some frog stranglin' turd floatin' downpours with Z Plus pads in the past two years...........and have NEVER had a failure.  Not one.  Solid as a rock!  I've even had the rear ones get oil soaked due to the dipstick popping out.  A little brake cleaner fixed them up, and they were good enough to get me home.

I'm just sayin'

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2008, 11:38:31 PM »

News to me.  I've been caught in some frog stranglin' turd floatin' downpours with Z Plus pads in the past two years...........and have NEVER had a failure.  Not one.  Solid as a rock!  I've even had the rear ones get oil soaked due to the dipstick popping out.  A little brake cleaner fixed them up, and they were good enough to get me home.

I'm just sayin'

I hear ya, and that was me until it happened ONCE.  Once was more than enough.  I don't know why the difference that one time, but it made a believer out of me.  If you check their website, it mentions the water advantage for the Gold +

From their website:

The Gold Plus compound is our latest advancement in high performance friction materials. This racing formula offers extreme stopping power in both wet and dry conditions. Dust and rotor wear are eliminated. This proprietary blend of organics and trace iron requires no break-in and can see over 18,000 miles.

(the wet & dry is exactly like that on their website:  bold & red)

For the Z+

Our Z Plus compound is a softened version of the Gold Plus compound. It is excellent for general purpose riding and offers a high coefficient of friction. This is the most rotor friendly pad in the industry. It produces no dust, and no noise. The service life generally averages about 18,000 miles.

They're the same price.  Why not go for the Gold Plus pads?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2008, 11:43:34 PM by PR3VS56 »

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2008, 03:01:53 AM »

Price : 20% more for G+

Jacques
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

REGGAB

« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2008, 06:53:49 AM »

I hear ya, and that was me until it happened ONCE.  Once was more than enough.  I don't know why the difference that one time, but it made a believer out of me.  If you check their website, it mentions the water advantage for the Gold +

From their website:

The Gold Plus compound is our latest advancement in high performance friction materials. This racing formula offers extreme stopping power in both wet and dry conditions. Dust and rotor wear are eliminated. This proprietary blend of organics and trace iron requires no break-in and can see over 18,000 miles.

(the wet & dry is exactly like that on their website:  bold & red)

For the Z+

Our Z Plus compound is a softened version of the Gold Plus compound. It is excellent for general purpose riding and offers a high coefficient of friction. This is the most rotor friendly pad in the industry. It produces no dust, and no noise. The service life generally averages about 18,000 miles.

I have no physical proof of how rotors are affected by the Gold Plus, but I have read here.....contrary to that which you post above from Paul's website.......that Glod Plus pads tend be hard on rotors, will turn them black, etc.
I live in Alabama, and ride all over the southeast.  Needless to say, more often than not, I get caught in some bad clouds.  The Z plus pads work fine......for me, and my rotors are in great shape. 
What I don't know is if Paul is making that rotor wear claim based on testing with one of his rotors.  Regardless of all of this, Paul clearly tells everyone who purchases his products for the first time that "you bought a brake company, not brakes."  He WILL make things right.  All you gotta do is call him.  He's a stand up guy.................VERY, VERY, VERY, VERY few of those left today.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2008, 09:34:18 AM »

Because of the dust & rotor wear.  That's the reason for me, anyway.  :) spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

PR3VS56

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2008, 09:35:13 AM »

Price : 20% more for G+

Jacques

I stand corrected.

Anyway, it will be Gold Plus for me.  I didn't notice any difference in the rotors.  I hope everyone does well with the Z+, wet or dry.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2008, 01:23:05 PM »

I stand corrected.

Anyway, it will be Gold Plus for me.  I didn't notice any difference in the rotors.  I hope everyone does well with the Z+, wet or dry.

I use the Lyndall Z pads.  Have been caught out in torrential rains.  Pads have never washed out even when going through ankle deep water.

REGGAB

« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2008, 01:27:55 PM »

I stand corrected.

Just keep an eye on them................. ;)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2008, 12:40:44 PM »

Maybe this is old news, but I have had the Gold+ pads on my bike, and the squeal returned.  I replaced them with the Z+ pads, and now I'm happy.  The Gold+ pads are more for racing. 
I had a hell of a time getting this all straightened out though.  I called Lyndall Racing Brakes- talked to Paul- after much discussion I ordered the Gold+ pads for the rear brake on my '08 SE Ultra.  I was sent the wrong pads.  (The ones I received were for the older style calipers).  I returned the pads and received the correct set.  After several miles my squeak redeveloped.  (That was the reason for getting different pads to start with).  I talked to Paul, and he said I should use the Z+ pads.  He had the Z+ pads sent out to me.  They once again were the wrong ones for my bike.  I sent them back and FINALLY got the correct pads.  They work great. 
I'm not a novice to these pads.  I've used them for the past couple years on my '01 Heritage Softail.  -Love 'em.

The reason for this post is to try to save others from the frustration I went through in finally getting what I should have had in the first place.  Their web site doesn't even mention the Brembo brakes so you need to double check by phone that you are getting the correct ones for your bike.

When I received the last order of pads, I thought I had the wrong pads again!  They said they were for a V-Rod!
-Turns out that they also fit my bike. 

I think the company could do a better job of straightening out this confusion by updating their web site.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with others who have commented about how great Paul is to deal with.  They truly have a great product. 
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2008, 03:19:48 PM »

Maybe this is old news, but I have had the Gold+ pads on my bike, and the squeal returned.  I replaced them with the Z+ pads, and now I'm happy.  The Gold+ pads are more for racing. 
I had a hell of a time getting this all straightened out though.  I called Lyndall Racing Brakes- talked to Paul- after much discussion I ordered the Gold+ pads for the rear brake on my '08 SE Ultra.  I was sent the wrong pads.  (The ones I received were for the older style calipers).  I returned the pads and received the correct set.  After several miles my squeak redeveloped.  (That was the reason for getting different pads to start with).  I talked to Paul, and he said I should use the Z+ pads.  He had the Z+ pads sent out to me.  They once again were the wrong ones for my bike.  I sent them back and FINALLY got the correct pads.  They work great. 
I'm not a novice to these pads.  I've used them for the past couple years on my '01 Heritage Softail.  -Love 'em.

The reason for this post is to try to save others from the frustration I went through in finally getting what I should have had in the first place.  Their web site doesn't even mention the Brembo brakes so you need to double check by phone that you are getting the correct ones for your bike.

When I received the last order of pads, I thought I had the wrong pads again!  They said they were for a V-Rod!
-Turns out that they also fit my bike. 

I think the company could do a better job of straightening out this confusion by updating their web site.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with others who have commented about how great Paul is to deal with.  They truly have a great product. 

What is the right pads (Z+) for '08 CUSE ?
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #113 on: December 06, 2008, 01:39:09 PM »

The info for my '08 SE USE rear brake pads:

The invoice from Lyndall Racing Brakes shows part number 7254 Z-Plus Brake Pads for 06 V-ROD STREET ROD with New Brembo Rear

I only replaced my rear brake pads at this point.  My front stock ones don't squeal and seem to work fine.

You can see from the info I just listed why there is so much confusion.

1711tab

« Reply #114 on: December 09, 2008, 08:58:45 PM »

Cheers
Aussie

There a great pad and they compare in pricing to the HD stock pads but are a better compound which eliminate dust and stop quicker IMHO...
HYPERFORMANCE 131"

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member
  • 06' FLHTCUSE Black Candy Crimson/Slate

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #115 on: December 31, 2008, 03:27:51 PM »

Can anyone please tell me where you are buying these pads.  The sites listed are either closed or out of stock.  I see that they have made a newer Z+ pad now with grooves. I know I can order them from Lyndall but I was looking for a site friendly person to order them from. Any info would be helpful.

Topper
Why is it that I never seem to succeed the first time, unless I screwed up?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #116 on: December 31, 2008, 03:31:35 PM »

Can anyone please tell me where you are buying these pads.  The sites listed are either closed or out of stock.  I see that they have made a newer Z+ pad now with grooves. I know I can order them from Lyndall but I was looking for a site friendly person to order them from. Any info would be helpful.

Topper
I got mine from Cycle Spot.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #117 on: December 31, 2008, 03:47:23 PM »

I got mine from Cycle Spot.

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

Darn, closed, they say family emergency.

Happy New Year!!!! :orange:
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #118 on: December 31, 2008, 03:54:54 PM »

Darn, closed, they say family emergency.

Happy New Year!!!! :orange:
:oops: Sorry, didn't even check the site I just pulled the info out of my favorites.

Happy New Year to you and yours too. :drink:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: December 31, 2008, 04:06:23 PM »

Topper

There are probably many places to buy them, , , but the best place is from

hd-dude (Jim)

on this site. He has great prices and service wihout equal!

Click here----->  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=619
and send him a message!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #120 on: December 31, 2008, 04:59:28 PM »

There are probably many places to buy them, , , but the best place is from

hd-dude (Jim)
on this site. He has great prices and service wihout equal!

Click here----->  http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?action=profile;u=619
and send him a message!

:2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:

I didn't know Jim sold them. I know where I will get my next set.

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #121 on: December 31, 2008, 05:08:19 PM »

I didn't know Jim sold them. I know where I will get my next set.

JR

Let me make this recommendation.
Anything you want in the future, call Jim first.
Put his number in your speed dial, , , , , and use it!

Happy New Year JR!

:2vrolijk_21:

2018      Goldwing   
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #122 on: December 31, 2008, 05:10:27 PM »

I hit on the CYCLE SPOT site and it came up.  WEIRD!  I will check with it later.  I PM'd a CVO HARLEY member and will see if I can't buy them from him.

Thanks again guys,

Topper

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #123 on: December 31, 2008, 05:16:59 PM »

Ok it is still closed (Cycle Spot)

Oh Well

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #124 on: December 31, 2008, 06:25:13 PM »

I hit on the CYCLE SPOT site and it came up.  WEIRD!  I will check with it later.  I PM'd a CVO HARLEY member and will see if I can't buy them from him.

Thanks again guys,

Topper
Hd-dude is straight up! I just found out he sells lyndall pads too. I have bought other things from Jim in the past and will now include my brake pads too! :2vrolijk_21:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #125 on: December 31, 2008, 06:28:08 PM »

Ok it is still closed (Cycle Spot)

Oh Well

Just ried it and it worked.  But if Jim has them do that.  Simple solutions are the best.  Just like Harley riders!

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #126 on: December 31, 2008, 06:51:06 PM »

will do

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • TN

• photobucket.com
« Reply #127 on: December 31, 2008, 07:14:19 PM »

Just ried it and it worked.  But if Jim has them do that.  Simple solutions are the best.  Just like Harley riders!

It worked for me too Don, until I tried to click anything on the page. It then goes to the family emergency notice! :nixweiss:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #128 on: December 31, 2008, 07:21:40 PM »

It worked for me too Don, until I tried to click anything on the page. It then goes to the family emergency notice! :nixweiss:

You tried harder than I did.  My bad. :whip:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #129 on: December 31, 2008, 07:40:44 PM »

Same here earlier today, when I was looking for that Chopper Oil Tank!

Hoist! 8)

REGGAB

« Reply #130 on: December 31, 2008, 08:17:59 PM »

There's been a family emergency on that site for a pretty good while now...........at least a month.  Hope everything is OK with them.

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2010, 04:06:30 PM »

What's the difference between the Z pad and the Gold pad? Which should a guy get?
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2010, 04:40:02 PM »

most of us are running the Z pads.  The Gold pads are more of a high heat competition pad and some have said that they have a slight squealing with them. I too questioned if the Z's were good then the Gold must be better.  I was talked out of doing that and saved a few bucks and bought the Z pads (3).  It is true about cutting down on road grime and break dust.  There is hardly any dust on my rims ever since the change.

Hope this helps,

Topper

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2010, 04:53:31 PM »

What's the difference between the Z pad and the Gold pad? Which should a guy get?

Both versions are a carbon/Kevlar material which is easy on rotors and much cleaner and less noisy than the stock pads.  Lyndall's website makes a case for the different versions, basically if you're running stock tires and chassis they recommend the Z pad, and if you've upgraded tires and suspension and tend to ride aggressively they recommend the G pad.

My personal recommendation for normal riding on a Harley would be the Z pad, and that's what I use.  They are very easy on the rotors, very quiet, produce hardly any dust compared to the stock pads, and they have a nice linear feel that makes modulating the brakes much easier than with stock pads.  This is something I found to be very important on my non-ABS bike, maybe folks with ABS won't think it's as important.  The G pads are a little closer to their racing formula, and tend to have a little higher maximum braking capability.  Like any "racing" product, there are tradeoffs.  Face it, if there were no tradeoffs then they wouldn't sell the Z version.  Other folks have reported that the G doesn't work as well cold, and I remember one person stating they were a little noisier than the Z.

Hopefully some of the guys who tried the Gold pads in the past will chime in.  I know some didn't like them and went back to the Z version, but I'm also sure some will recommend them.  Try giving the guys at Lyndall a call and ask them for their honest opinion based on your bike and riding style.  They seem like some straight shooters.

Santa Ana, CA     800-400-9490

Jerry

49445CVO

• 1K CVO Member

« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2010, 09:54:06 PM »

Thanks Jerry,

I was going off memory from a 1 1/2 ago.

Topper

Cvostu

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 Whiskey Neat road glide custom
    • CVO2: 2019 Mako Shark Fade road glide custom
« Reply #135 on: May 15, 2010, 05:22:57 AM »

the Z pads last a long time too. That's all I'll ever buy from now on.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #136 on: May 15, 2010, 01:36:51 PM »

I originally had the gold pads, but they squealed as bad as the stockers.  I called Lyndall Racing, and they gladly exchanged mine for the Z pads.  I have been very happy with them.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #137 on: May 16, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »

Where is the best place to purchase them?  :nixweiss: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #138 on: May 16, 2010, 04:58:39 PM »

I got mine through www.lyndallracingbrakes.com

Just call 1-800-400-9490 and order them directly from the company.  They have great service, and are easy to work with.  -Steve

reo

• Elite CVO Member
  • Got Chrome ?

• CVO1: Red FLSTFSE
    • CVO2: B&B FLHTCSE
    • royogren.com/gallery/
« Reply #139 on: May 16, 2010, 06:25:38 PM »

Where is the best place to purchase them?  :nixweiss: spyder

I just got 3 sets from Jim (hd-dude) for the seeg.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #140 on: May 16, 2010, 06:41:45 PM »

I just got 3 sets from Jim (hd-dude) for the seeg.
That's a lot of 'braking', Roy.  :o har.  :drink: spyder

Indenial

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 SE Road Glide
    • States Riden on 2009 CVO
« Reply #141 on: May 17, 2010, 09:18:22 AM »

Are the fronts and the rears the same? (for an 09 SERG)
I just finished the pile of junk I needed to work on before I get to the stuff I should be doing----

TN

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • SC

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #142 on: May 17, 2010, 09:33:48 AM »

Are the fronts and the rears the same? (for an 09 SERG)

affirmative.

TN

Wut the hell was that maneuver
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10 [All]

Page created in 0.527 seconds with 24 queries.