Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: build dates for CVO  (Read 4307 times)

On the fence

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

build dates for CVO
« on: April 11, 2015, 09:29:16 AM »

Was at dealer today and was told that HD possibly moved the dates on the CVO's again. Mine was supposed to be in april 15th now they are saying June?? I  have been waiting since october for mine anybody know anything about this. Dealer told me they have had more paint issues with the star fire black??

MightyTharg

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Street Glide
Re: build dates for CVO
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 10:52:35 AM »

That sucks.

Don't think this helps you much but:

Seen Starfire black bikes arriving in UK recently and being advertised by dealers.

Local dealer expecting Carbon Black mid to end of May.

Hoping for my Hard Candy Mercury to arrive within next couple of weeks which is only a little behind schedule - allegedly it was built and made it onto the boat.

harleyrules

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2015 SE Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2016 Low Rider S
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 05:34:17 PM »

Where are you loacated? A dealer near me in NNJ has one on the floor as of this afternoon.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2015, 03:16:30 AM »

Just seen the new carbon dust street glide when I was in the states, man that black is nice,nicer in my opinion than the star fire black  as the paint really pops more in the sun,
I think it's worth waiting for,for those  of you who are on the fence about it :)
Ride free brothers!

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 07:06:10 PM »

Just seen the new carbon dust street glide when I was in the states, man that black is nice,nicer in my opinion than the star fire black  as the paint really pops more in the sun,
I think it's worth waiting for,for those  of you who are on the fence about it :)

Not until June it isn't worth it...might as well wait till August for the 2016s with all the production issues they had this year they will probably make 2016 CVO Street Glides.

June is the cutoff for 2015 CVO builds anyway.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 09:05:05 PM »

Was at dealer today and was told that HD possibly moved the dates on the CVO's again. Mine was supposed to be in april 15th now they are saying June?? I  have been waiting since october for mine anybody know anything about this. Dealer told me they have had more paint issues with the star fire black??

Seems that way, I've been waiting since September. I was told March then April now first week of May and yesterday sometime in May. I dont mind waiting but its starting to get old. I either start looking elsewhere to buy, suck it up and wait it out or abort and wait to see what the 16's look like. I have a bike trip scheduled during the first week of June, I would love to be riding the bike!

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 09:06:00 PM »

Where are you loacated? A dealer near me in NNJ has one on the floor as of this afternoon.

Was it Liberty HD? If so, a member here took it home yesterday.

lrubio

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 10:44:09 PM »

In Southern California three local dealers have CVO Street Glides in stock: Pomona Valley has the UV Blue (they've had it since August), Quaid Loma Linda has the UV Blue (they've had it since August), Riverside has the UV Blue and Hard Candy Mercury. None of these colors are selling in this area. These are beautiful bikes, maybe the price is the issue? Pomona and Quaid are VERY willing to deal.

Wild Hog 4

• Senior CVO Member
    • CVO3: 2018 CVO Road Glide
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 02:38:06 AM »

Not until June it isn't worth it...might as well wait till August for the 2016s with all the production issues they had this year they will probably make 2016 CVO Street Glides.

June is the cutoff for 2015 CVO builds anyway.

Yep,  I dont  think waiting till August for the new 2016's was an option for you anyway was it ? :)

They may be released then, but most of us physically receive them several months later , so you have to play the waiting game sometimes for the right bike and colour, sometimes time is a good thing, you get to see how things pan out with new bikes and any issues etc, You get to see some of the bikes in the flesh to really make your mind up,
Riding season just started so all is good wouldn't have wanted mine in winter anyhow.

Oh an yes you can bet your last dollar there will be a 2016 Cvo street glide, they usually run them for 2-3 years then stop for a year or two, that's when I would say they will bring out the 120 motor( in about 2018).
Those of you thinking of changing I would say do it this year or next or you may get caught like the 2013 bikes ( pre- Rushmore)   :'(
Ride free brothers!

On the fence

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 08:27:29 AM »

thanks problem is I am in Canada riding season is shorter! Possibly looking at changing brands as I sold my 14 glide and the reason i ordered the CVO is I wanted the 110.
No too impressed with HD right now, waiting this week to get an answer so I can make a decsion on what to do.

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 05:38:37 PM »

thanks problem is I am in Canada riding season is shorter! Possibly looking at changing brands as I sold my 14 glide and the reason i ordered the CVO is I wanted the 110.
No too impressed with HD right now, waiting this week to get an answer so I can make a decsion on what to do.

Indian could be looking good, but a Harley is the way to go just have another Veno and reread the HD catalog  :2vrolijk_21:   
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

On the fence

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • AB

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2015, 10:26:36 PM »

UPDATE talked with salesman today delivery ion my cvo that was order in Oct s June(wtf). Dealers is trying to horse trade his silver cvo to another dealer for a black one to me it does not matter which black one just want a cvo. Hoping all goes well here in next couple of days

hdnik

• Elite CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2019 FLTRXSE - 2018 FLHTKSE-ANV (Traded)
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHXSE (Traded) - 2007 FXSTSSE (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2003 100th FLHRCi (Sold) - 2001 FLSTF (Traded)
    • 33 Hotrod Build
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2015, 03:17:23 AM »

Canadian dealers have the additional problem in having to deal with Deeley imports rather than The Motor Company directly. Deeley for some reason does not seem to want to import many CVOs in the best of times. Now with the dollar the way it is the issue may be worse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nick Sebastian
nickcbass@gmail.com

ZVO

• Dark Platimum? That’s Silver and Black
  • Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • TX

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO2: 2016 FLHXSE - Gone
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE - Gone
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2015, 12:40:55 PM »

UPDATE talked with salesman today delivery ion my cvo that was order in Oct s June(wtf). Dealers is trying to horse trade his silver cvo to another dealer for a black one to me it does not matter which black one just want a cvo. Hoping all goes well here in next couple of days

Good luck tell them youll pay $1 over MsRP and not a penny more.
The Autumn Wind is a pirate.

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 22 queries.