Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: New CVO Street glide colour to be launched!...oh yes  (Read 82119 times)

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

• CVO1: Silver/Black 2015 Street Glide.
Re: New CVO Street glide colour to be launched!...oh yes
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2015, 06:18:12 AM »

Just had a discussion with my sails guy here in Sydney Australia i can confirm that the BLACK Street Glide CVO is real.
I have asked the question about my bike, will it happen ? or has the GunSlinger paint been suspended, done and dusted ?
We will see  :nixweiss:
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.
2010 Buell 1125R, my favorite blaster.
2003 Harley FXDL 100th Anniversary, a little gem.
1975 Suzuki RE5 Rotary 1200km as new.
2012 Suzuki GSX1250FA the perfect Hack. Awesome Bike

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 2022 SERG
    • CVO2: 2019 SERG, 2015 SESG, 2012 SESG
    • CVO3: 2009 SERG
« Reply #91 on: February 26, 2015, 07:29:30 AM »

the new bike is real. they are only building 750 units, so i have heard. I also heard (please don't kill messenger) that due to all the paint issues that MoCo is no longer building anymore of the SG CVO's for this year, other than this black one. I have heard this from a reputable dealer but i have no way of confirming beyond that.  I am sending an email to a contact I have in Milwaukee to see if I can get any more info. 

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #92 on: February 26, 2015, 02:10:37 PM »

the new bike is real. they are only building 750 units, so i have heard. I also heard (please don't kill messenger) that due to all the paint issues that MoCo is no longer building anymore of the SG CVO's for this year, other than this black one. I have heard this from a reputable dealer but i have no way of confirming beyond that.  I am sending an email to a contact I have in Milwaukee to see if I can get any more info.

Had a feeling this mite happen.  :'(
2015 CVO Street Glide, not as good as it should be, Working on that it just needs time, like a good wine.

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »

TLR,
The new bike/color is real..... meaning another black paint scheme or other color?

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE UV Blue/Molten Lava
« Reply #94 on: February 26, 2015, 03:06:25 PM »

Hey TLR,
I have the same color you have. I don't remember if you were one of the many that had paint issues. Anyway, mine is fine with one exception being the clear is unbelievably soft. Just wondered if yours is the same and if you have washed it enough to know yet. Thanks for the info.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
« Reply #95 on: February 26, 2015, 03:14:22 PM »

Just went down local dealer today , was told Harley are to launch a new mid year colour for the 2015 CVO street glide..... That's right boys and girls!
if I remember correctly it is to be mirage orange or something with titanium dust, my local dealer are getting one, they have no idea what it looks like as Harley have not released pictures yet anywhere, probably will be limited numbers at a higher price I suspect!
Any guys out there hear this also?
Maybe that's why they stopped production of the yellow Cvo to make way for this colour!
One things for certain it will be another colour for them to deal with regarding paint quality issues :D

Just remember you heard it here first!! :2vrolijk_21:

So it looks like you were right Wild Hog.  The last laugh is on all the nay sayers.

I've seen it go both ways for the CVOs in the past......some rumors prove to be true but many fall flat on their face.  I just take the "wait and see" attitude instead of posting without knowing. :nixweiss:
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #96 on: February 26, 2015, 05:01:52 PM »

TLR,
The new bike/color is real..... meaning another black paint scheme or other color?

yes, it is the black one that we have thr pic on.  it will be on the website soon, I am told.

tlr

• Elite CVO Member
    • FL

« Reply #97 on: February 26, 2015, 05:05:03 PM »

Hey TLR,
I have the same color you have. I don't remember if you were one of the many that had paint issues. Anyway, mine is fine with one exception being the clear is unbelievably soft. Just wondered if yours is the same and if you have washed it enough to know yet. Thanks for the info.

I have only washed a couple of times so I can not comment on the clear coat.  I did have a number of paint issues.  Lower fairing had silver showing where orange should be, saddle bag lid had silver spot, fairing had dull spot (dealer was able to buff out).  I also have a big gap between outer and inner fairing. 

I have also heard that the Hard Candy has 9 coats of clear and that a number of folks have cracking issues specifically around where screws/bolts are. 

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #98 on: February 26, 2015, 05:29:46 PM »

With Gunslinger stuffing up and Harley effectively pulling the plug, how would we get on for crash parts ???? just another stuff around.
I cant believe all this crap. there is going to be a lot of pissed off High end Harley guys with orders that wont be filled.
I don't want a bloody Black bike. this really sucks..... :annoyed:

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #99 on: February 26, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »

Well now that it sounds like we might have problems getting painted parts in the future I will post this email exchange I had with "Gunslinger". It is mostly what we already know but it does include the specific clear they use and a recommended compatible harder clear if it comes to that. The email trail starts at the bottom and proceeds upward, of course.

On Feb 4, 2015, at 11:02 AM, "Shauna Gunslinger Custom Paint" <shauna@gcpaint.com> wrote:

Hi Howard,

I talked to our lead painter; he said he would recommend a finishing glaze (he specifically mentioned the Meguiar’s brand) and a high-end wax. Use a microfiber cloth like you have been, but don’t press hard, just give the bike a light wipe. He said the weather won’t really change the cure time, but although it’s safe to use wax after 90-days, the clear will continue to harden some for up to one year. We use PPG DCU 5200, if you were to re-clear your parts, PPG’s DCU 4000 would be a harder clear option.

Thanks,

Shauna Blackledge
P: 303.225.0854 ext. 251

Sent: Monday, February 02, 2015 8:09 PM
To: Shauna Gunslinger Custom Paint
Subject: Re: Paint Inquiry - Clear Coat Curing/Care

Hi Shauna,

Thanks for the prompt reply and advise. It is much appreciated. I understand that the custom paint and clear will require special care compared to factory paint. That is just reality.

I am trying to find out how to best do that and really appreciate your advise. If I could ask a couple follow up questions please. Is there a sealant that you could recommend such as Opti-Coat or other that could improve scratch resistance?     I figure my paint is approximately 120 days curing time at this point. I live in Washington and we have had no sun to speak of, or warm weather. My garage is not heated, but is insulated. Is it possible that under these circumstances the standard cure time of 90 days may require even more than the current 120 days? I am just hoping it will get harder.

Please forgive me if I seem like a pain. The paint and quality is beautiful and outstanding.  I plan to ride the hell out of the bike like I do all my bikes and want to spend more time doing that rather than polishing it with a DA buffer. I just want to do whatever I can to make that happen. Depending upon your suggestions to the previous questions (and in a worst case scenario) is it feasible to spray a different clear that is harder on top of this clear? Obviously I don't want to do this, but if I have to I will. If so, what would be the suggested compatible clear to do so?

Many Thanks Shauna! I just feel like if I even look at the bike wrong is scratches. It really is soft right now. I am not kidding!
-HL

On Feb 2, 2015, at 12:20 PM, Shauna Gunslinger Custom Paint wrote:

Hi Howard,

Those swirl marks are inevitable. Although, you are correct that they are easier to obtain when the clear cost is fresh, they will continue to occur anytime contact is made with the clear. You’ll want to use a microfiber cloth, but you should make sure it’s lubricated; Harley sells a line of their own cleaning products, we also recommend S100 cleaners. You should also make sure your bike is completely rinsed before wiping it down to avoid dragging dust particles that scratch the clear. You can have the bike detailed throughout its life to minimize the swirl marks as much as possible.

Regarding curing time, this is the statement we give with our custom paint jobs: Curing period is up to 90 days on your new paint. During this time you should try to keep the vehicle free of tree sap, bird droppings, or anything that may stain the paint. Droplets of water combined with the bright sun can act like a magnifying glass to burn little spots in the paint and should be removed with a soft cloth after a rain. Finally, for six-weeks during this curing period, do not use any wax.

Thanks,
<image003.jpg>
|www.gcpaint.com|Facebook|Twitter|

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #100 on: February 26, 2015, 07:51:56 PM »

Just talked to a sales person in Western Australia head of sales, she said that if you already have an order placed with Harley for the CVO Street Glide you will get it. Her comment don't believe everything you read on the forums.  ::) i guess we will see, all in good time. FINGERS CROSSED

Philip

• CVO1: 2017 Street Glide
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Glide
    • CVO3: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #101 on: February 26, 2015, 09:05:07 PM »

Looks to me like a leftover 2012 FLHXSE3 tank on an otherwise totally black bike. I sense desperation on the Moco's part if this crap is true.

That thing doesn't even LOOK like an SESG... :smilie_daumenneg:

Ken

Completely agree Ken! CVO bikes should stand out not blend in! Those with black controls are disappointing. They all leak and the finish ends up destroyed. For premium money they should use chrome or black chrome...
2017 CVO Street Glide (Current)
2015 CVO Street Glide
2010 CVO Street Glide
2009 Softail Rocker

phantomxrt

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Streetglide (Hard Candy Mercury)
« Reply #102 on: February 26, 2015, 09:09:22 PM »

I had my batwing fairing replaced yesterday. It arrived after being ordered several weeks ago because my original part had paint flaws (listed elsewhere in a thread). My rear fender also has asymmetrical flames (caused by inexpertly-applied pinstriping), but that was not deemed to be a flaw and was not replaced.

I have ridden in rain a couple of times and washed the bike once. Dried it with a Harley heated air blower and microfibre cloth. I can confirm that I now have microscratches on the clear on the tank and on the bag lids. The clear is VERY SOFT.

I was hoping this bike might be a keeper. But whilst it rides exceptionally well, I know it will look like a POS after a couple of years. Definitely not a long term proposition. Stay away from these Gunslinger-painted CVOs this year. Not worth the money IMHO.

Disclaimer: Some here will argure that theirs is perfect and I am whining. Fair call. But my experience is honest and real, and it has p155ed me off big time after dropping $50,000 AUD on an imperfect motorcycle.

skycat

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com

« Reply #103 on: February 26, 2015, 10:00:00 PM »

I had my batwing fairing replaced yesterday. It arrived after being ordered several weeks ago because my original part had paint flaws (listed elsewhere in a thread). My rear fender also has asymmetrical flames (caused by inexpertly-applied pinstriping), but that was not deemed to be a flaw and was not replaced.

I have ridden in rain a couple of times and washed the bike once. Dried it with a Harley heated air blower and microfibre cloth. I can confirm that I now have microscratches on the clear on the tank and on the bag lids. The clear is VERY SOFT.

I was hoping this bike might be a keeper. But whilst it rides exceptionally well, I know it will look like a POS after a couple of years. Definitely not a long term proposition. Stay away from these Gunslinger-painted CVOs this year. Not worth the money IMHO.

Disclaimer: Some here will argure that theirs is perfect and I am whining. Fair call. But my experience is honest and real, and it has p155ed me off big time after dropping $50,000 AUD on an imperfect motorcycle.

I know your bike, purchased from Trivett. Sorry you are not really happy with the bike, i am also a fussy old bugger and want a keeper your information may help me make a call thank you for your honesty. I am over trying to get what i pay for and being let down.

HighOnHD

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • WA

« Reply #104 on: February 26, 2015, 10:38:21 PM »

I hear you phantomxrt. At this point I am praying that the clear continues to harden enough (as the painter mentioned) over this coming year that I can live with it. Otherwise I will have to get it re-sprayed with the mentioned "harder" clear. That's why I was brown-nosing them hoping I could drag the clear info out of them.

The clear REALLY is ridiculously soft. Me and a buddy rode our bikes to the dealer so that I could get the 1K service done, and then ride the coast after. I told them I love everything about the bike, but the clear is unbelievably soft. I said, "because of that DO NOT WASH IT!" I had just spent another weekend polishing it out with a DA polisher and doing the whole Glare recommended routine. Well maybe they did not wash it, but if you even breath on this thing it scratches like a spider web everywhere. They wiped it down because it had the micro-spiderweb scratches everywhere AGAIN.

Unfortunately, I absolutely dig this bike in every way, the color, the flames, the ride, the whole package. I'm not getting rid of it. I'm adding the Fulsac stainless DX pipe and TTS tomorrow, and riding the hell out of it this weekend. If it is not raining, we ride here. Sometimes even if it is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 21 queries.