Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011 CVO RG Stock seat  (Read 2791 times)

mlangfelder

2011 CVO RG Stock seat
« on: January 11, 2012, 09:47:44 AM »

I am having a problem with my seat, for the first 8000 miles it was fine and I could ride all day. All of a sudden i am getting extreme pain in my tail bone region after 30 minutes of riding. I also have a heritage which is fine no issues on it I can go all day.  The brochure for the CVO states it is a "suspended seat" I am wondering if something in there is something that could break, pop, or move.  I took the bike to my dealer and the MoCo denied my warranty claim stating it is a comfort issue.  While it is definitely a comfort issue it is not that I don't like it, something is wrong inside the seat. They said without physical damage to the outside of the seat they will not warranty it....anyone else experienced issues with their seat????  Has anyone had luck getting Harley to swap out a seat under warranty??
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 09:54:46 AM by mlangfelder »
2011 CVO Road GLide - Slate grey
2002 Heritage Classic War Paint

Chris4444

• CVO1: 07 cvo ultra blue / sold
    • CVO2: 08 cvo ulta duracell / sold
    • CVO3: 2011 cvo road glide ultra
Re: 2011 CVO RG Stock seat
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 02:21:48 PM »

I sometimes get a pain like this , often on my bmw or a yamaha 660 in both cases i found by making sure the rear suspension was set correctly, not too hard , the pain went away

darth davidson

• FLTRUSE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 CVO Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 02:25:21 PM »

Mine is just tearing at the seam. No answer from MoCo yet!!!

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 03:57:28 PM »

I am having a problem with my seat, for the first 8000 miles it was fine and I could ride all day. All of a sudden i am getting extreme pain in my tail bone region after 30 minutes of riding. I also have a heritage which is fine no issues on it I can go all day.  The brochure for the CVO states it is a "suspended seat" I am wondering if something in there is something that could break, pop, or move.  I took the bike to my dealer and the MoCo denied my warranty claim stating it is a comfort issue.  While it is definitely a comfort issue it is not that I don't like it, something is wrong inside the seat. They said without physical damage to the outside of the seat they will not warranty it....anyone else experienced issues with their seat????  Has anyone had luck getting Harley to swap out a seat under warranty??

Several people have had issues with the seams coming apart on the seat.  Often, the first reaction from the dealer is it's not covered, but that is BS.  It is definitely covered.  However, I don't know how you'd find out if the "suspension" inside the seat has failed, short of removing the cover and looking under the foam.  I haven't visually seen the "hammock" suspension that's in these seats, but I do know first hand that the foam in a HD seat gets less supportive with use, and that could be part of the problem.  My '06 SEUC seat was OK for the first 4K miles or so, then it started KILLING my tailbone, to the point where I'd have to stop every 75 miles or so just to get some relief.  Putting a Corbin seat on that bike solved that problem.  I now have the 2011 SERGU and SO FAR, the seat does not hurt my azz on extended rides, but the jury is still out.  It does hurt my BSR's butt though, so I bought her an AirHawk R Cushion  http://www.airhawkseatcushions.net/p-360-airhawk-r-cruiser-seating-system-wcover.aspx  It fits both the rear and the front seating positions, so I've used it myself a time or two and will have to say it is an improvement in comfort.  You can just toss it in the TP when you get off the bike, so it's easy to use.  If I had my druthers, I'd have another Corbin on this bike, but I'm not ready to spring for 1K yet when the stock seat is still doing OK.  The least expensive place I found this cushion was here:  http://www.bikercushion.com/Airhawk-Seat-s/25.htm   Free Shipping.  My BSR likes it too.  The downside to it is that you probably can't gain anything from the heated seat in cooler weather (though I've not tried it), and it makes the seat height slightly higher, though not by much, as you don't want a lot of air in it, just enough to put a layer of air between your butt and the seat, so that when you shift your weight on the seat, you can feel the bladders moving the air underneath you...sorta like you took a big dump in your pants and it's squishing around underneath you.

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

cyril

• I
  • Elite CVO Member
  • If it ain`t broke keep fixin it till it is !
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 04:31:16 PM »

If you remove the seat & look from the underside you can see the`hammock` it may have become unattached at one end . Mine did, remove most staples and foam reposition the hammock replace foam and fire in new staples ,worked for me . How`d it come off in the first place ???????????????
If it aint broke keep fixin it till it is

Page created in 0.653 seconds with 24 queries.