Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Road Glide Windscreen Help  (Read 7184 times)

greglyon

• 1K CVO Member
  • 2013 FLHRSE5
    • AZ

• CVO1: FLHRSE5
    • Phillips and Lyon LLC
Re: Road Glide Windscreen Help
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2012, 05:46:28 PM »

I have an over-sized screen with a Harley part number which I will give you a good deal on if interested.  PM me
"A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory"

OBB

• 5k CVO Member
  • aka Ohiobellboy
    • OH

• CVO1: 2011 Slate/Black SERGU** traded
    • CVO2: 2015 Double Blue SERGU
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG Blue
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2012, 08:25:25 PM »

I need to jump in this conversation and get more opinions also. I took off the stock shield because I didn't like looking through it. I had an 02 EGU with an 8" I got from Long Ride Shields that had the little duck tail flip at the top and loved it. I could see over it and most of the wind went right over my head. Picked up a 10 1/2" Wind Vest from a girl at work she had laying around after trading her bike in. WAY TO NOISY. I'm 6' and have the stock seat on mine (That's another story but it would be hard giving up heated seats) so I need to find something that I can look over and not get all the noise. Even the stock shield had more noise than I'm used to. It's to the point that I'm wearing earplugs during my morning commute.
PHOTOBUCKET IS HOLDING MY PIX HOSTAGE!!!

FltruseDave

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2012, 11:32:34 PM »

I tried the clear view, hated it, damn near crashed because of it. That flip up was in my eyeline and it kept just distracting me. I went back to a Cee Baileys and really liked it. Still had buffetting. I went down to the Madstad shop, they wanted to do an install on a CVO. I got the clear 16" shield I completely love it. I will keep this one. Some say it's ugly, but, it fits the bike to me.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2012, 06:45:57 AM »

I tried the clear view, hated it, damn near crashed because of it. That flip up was in my eyeline and it kept just distracting me. I went back to a Cee Baileys and really liked it. Still had buffetting. I went down to the Madstad shop, they wanted to do an install on a CVO. I got the clear 16" shield I completely love it. I will keep this one. Some say it's ugly, but, it fits the bike to me.
And that's all that matters; is that you love it.  It's your ride, you decide.
:devil:

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 22 queries.