Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Changed amp better sound  (Read 12361 times)

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO1: FLSTSE3 - CVO Softail Convertible, 2012
    • CVO2: HD Custom Softail Heritage (Sold)
    • CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
Re: Re: Changed amp better sound
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 11:44:26 AM »

It sounds great.  I  also upgraded the speakers to Polk 3.5".  I can hear it doing 70+ with full face helmet

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
A couple of questions?
What size (Max dimensions of the Amp can you get behind the folks)
How do you control the volume?
What are the actual dimensions of the Stock amp?
Now you guys have done the hard work I'm just trying to find the best parts available!
Already ordered the Polk DXi 351 Speakers and also considering the Polk DXi 1001 1 inch tweeters to sit to the outsides of the speakers, they will fit nicely and are top mounted so dont cause a problem with depth!
Thanks,
Charlie
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 11:58:45 AM by Charlie »
Better to Reign in Hell than serve in Heaven!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

cpm83

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLSTSE3
Re: Changed amp better sound
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 01:01:26 PM »

The stock 20 watt amp is between 4 1/16 and 4 1/8 long by 1 3/4 wide by 1 1/8 height in inches.  It is mounted inside the sound system box.  The Cycle Sounds amp is very slightly larger but it can be pushed into the space for the stock amp and zip tied in place.  I control the volume directly on the Ipod or the GPS unit, depending on which I am using.  You could use a larger amp if you want to mount it outside of the sound system enclosure somewhere else.

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

• CVO3: BSA Rocket Gold Star 1963 (In Storage!) Ducati 1098 s (Sold) 999 (Sold) 916 (Sold) 916 (Crashed) 749 (Sold) Lots of Jap Racing Bikes!
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 10:10:10 PM »

The stock 20 watt amp is between 4 1/16 and 4 1/8 long by 1 3/4 wide by 1 1/8 height in inches.  It is mounted inside the sound system box.  The Cycle Sounds amp is very slightly larger but it can be pushed into the space for the stock amp and zip tied in place.  I control the volume directly on the Ipod or the GPS unit, depending on which I am using.  You could use a larger amp if you want to mount it outside of the sound system enclosure somewhere else.
Cant find the amp on cycle sounds! just sent them an email to see what they have available!
Rinehart Crossback Exhaust-SEPST-HD Mustache Engine Guards-HD Flush Fuel Caps-RSD Clarity Cam Cover-RSD Clarity Derby Cover-WPW Cooling Fans-PM Merc Horn Cover-UsKoolines HP XS Ignition Leads-HD Black Daymaker Headlight-HD Premium Oil Cooler-HD Smoked Billet Turn Signals-SE VPC-SE Cam Plate-Arlen Ness Oil Pressure Gauge-Braided Fuel Crossover

Charlie

• 1K CVO Member
  • Blood Diamond, FLSTES3

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 11:59:49 PM »

So after changing pipes to V&H I could no longer hear my music going down the road, throw on a helmet and it all disappears.  So I decided to try something different, I bypassed the stock amp and added a boss amp that says 300 watts max.  If I get 75 or so I will be very happy.  I mounted the amp behind the headlight, as you can see in the pics.   I'm happy with the results of the install, will be doing a right in the morning to hear the difference.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
What model amp was that you used? and is that a volume control i see?

Henrycm

• Full CVO Member
    • Sunny Spirits
Re: Re: Changed amp better sound
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2013, 03:55:57 PM »

I dont remember the brand of amp. Just got somethkng off ebay to try this out.  And yes that is a volume control.   Seems to work fine and have not had any problems.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

DeShark

• CVO1: 2012 CVO Softail Convertible FLSTSE3 Abyss Blue
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2013, 04:35:52 PM »

Why did you guys use 3.5" speakers. Aren't the original speakers 4" speakers?
Thanks,
DeShark
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 21 queries.