Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Author Topic: Corbin visit.......  (Read 8373 times)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Corbin visit.......
« on: November 23, 2008, 06:14:41 PM »

We went to Corbin this weekend for Terrie to get a custom made seat.......
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

Re: Corbin visit.......
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 06:16:45 PM »

The Wizard Diner that's a part of the Corbin factory......
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 06:18:48 PM »

Terrie sitting on the wall patiently waiting. ;D

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 06:19:41 PM »

And it's all begun......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 06:21:46 PM »

Ed & Debra rode up from Bakersfield.  I intoduced them to this forum and they'll be on here soon......

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 06:24:09 PM »

We were in the diner eating when they were hogging out the stock Street Glide close reach even more, for Terrie.  She wanted it even narrower in front and deeper in the pocket.

When I got back, the seat cover was already being stitched.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 06:27:12 PM »

I think it's pretty cool that Corbin lets you walk all through the factory at will.....

I asked them to use two spools of thread together, so that the stitching is a little more distinct.  She just finished sewing and the chalk is still visible....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 06:31:11 PM »

Heater has already been installed and now he's fitting the cover over the seat and riveting it all....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 06:33:05 PM »

A shot of a few of the many leather types and colors......

If it can be done in leather I believe Corbin could do it.

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 06:35:00 PM »

Four hours later, the final fitting.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »

Terrie's new seat.  A Corbin Classic Solo w/heater and custom fitted....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 06:39:30 PM »

And a shot out in the direct sun.....

West Coast GTG   

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 06:42:08 PM »

And a shot showing Ernie's cherry SEEG tire vs. the new bagger back tire.....

West Coast GTG   

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 06:48:36 PM »

JC/Terrie,
Looks good. :2vrolijk_21: I'm sure Terrie will get miles of smiles out of the new seat.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 07:04:03 PM »

Thanks for posting the great pics of the new Corbin JC.  Just rubbin-it-in on those of us that wish they were within riding distance of Corbin's fit while you wait custom shop.  Florida won't do that for us East Coast riders.  dangit.  :'( spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 07:09:37 PM »

Thanks for posting the great pics of the new Corbin JC.  Just rubbin-it-in on those of us that wish they were within riding distance of Corbin's fit while you wait custom shop.  Florida won't do that for us East Coast riders.  dangit.  :'( spyder

Not rubbing it in Spyder.  Terrie and I just had a conversation about that.....she asked why I was posting all the photos since everybody's been there.  I told her that I'm not posting for those that have been there.......it's for all those who've never been so fortunate. :2vrolijk_21:

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 07:19:04 PM »

Did Terri say that the mods made to the new seat accomplished what she needed in moving her closer and lower?  :nixweiss: And is it still comfy?   :-\spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 08:18:36 PM »

Florida won't do that for us East Coast riders.  dangit.  :'( spyder

Correct...Lucky dog...

Terri...Enjoy the seat!!!  And watch out for JC...

;)

jonga

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2008, 08:39:12 PM »

Wow, Terri nice seat. I can see OCD is alive and well. I wish I would have gotten your guys call so I could of seen it in person. Can't wait to see it. I did see  that big smile on your face though. Congrats on your choice it looks great. Love you guys talk to you soon. Jon

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2008, 09:06:07 PM »

Congrats on the new seat....Looks great! :huepfenjump3: Looks like a perfect match, just like you and JC! ;D

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2008, 09:45:26 PM »

Did Terri say that the mods made to the new seat accomplished what she needed in moving her closer and lower?  :nixweiss: And is it still comfy?   :-\spyder

Ya know....it did move her lower and more forward.  But being new to baggers, she's still got to get used to how much wider that bike is (compared to her Dynas) and how much heavier it is. 

She's put about six hundred miles on it already and while she's had a couple close calls, she hasn't dropped it yet. ::)  And every mile is another mile of experiece.  Kind of the opposite of when she first strated riding.....back then, she liked riding surface streets but hated the freeway.  Now she likes ridng the freeways (she said "it's easy once I get it rolling) but hates the stop and go.  I told her that baggers have a way of having that affect on people. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2008, 06:37:35 AM »

Ya know....it did move her lower and more forward.  But being new to baggers, she's still got to get used to how much wider that bike is (compared to her Dynas) and how much heavier it is. 

She's put about six hundred miles on it already and while she's had a couple close calls, she hasn't dropped it yet. ::)  And every mile is another mile of experiece.  Kind of the opposite of when she first strated riding.....back then, she liked riding surface streets but hated the freeway.  Now she likes ridng the freeways (she said "it's easy once I get it rolling) but hates the stop and go.  I told her that baggers have a way of having that affect on people. :huepfenlol2:
You may still want to lower the scooter for her......makes it easier if you're flat footed, you know.  ;)  spyder

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2008, 09:34:46 AM »

Very nice seat Terrie, good choice on the red thread. I don't do so well on the stop's either but my problem is short on the inseam which you don't have. But if I could just get a couple of extra inches on leg length my pants wouldn't bunch up so bad on the bottom. :huepfenlol2:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2008, 01:54:57 PM »

You may still want to lower the scooter for her......makes it easier if you're flat footed, you know.  ;)  spyder

Oh, she's flat footed.  Actually, she's got a slight bend in her knees.  Just doesn't feel like she has the control that she had on her Dyna.  I think it's just a matter of her adjusting to a higher riding bike.

That bike handles so great, I'm afraid to mess with the suspension at all.  We'll let others tread there first and give the reports over a period of time, first. :nixweiss:

Yea Terry........at 6'4" my pants still bunch up on the bottom to, when I stand up.  I get them extra long so that when I'm riding they stay down over my boots.  Don't want anybody to know I wear white sox. :huepfenlol2:

West Coast GTG   

Wildrat

« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »

That seat is nice! That's what I was suppose to get for my Cobalt 06SG, except with blue flames, no heater, and a back support. The benefit of getting it made while ya wait I guess. I waited a month for my third seat from them and what do I get? A seat off the shelf with nothing done to it. Joy, Joy. That is a very nice seat though. Enjoy the seat! I need A/C in my seat down here in old people land.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 02:17:20 PM by Wildrat »

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2008, 03:12:01 PM »

Love the seat, I wish I was close enough to visit Corbin. If I was, I wouldn't have to switch from my solo to the dual every winter. They don't offer the solo w/ heat. At least they didn't as recently as 6 months ago. :nixweiss:

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »

They don't offer the solo w/ heat. At least they didn't as recently as 6 months ago. :nixweiss:

Corbin is hard to figure Mark.  They wouldn't do a heated solo seat for my wife's Fatboy either but yet for a Streetglide they will.    :nixweiss:

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2008, 06:02:32 PM »

That seat is nice! That's what I was suppose to get for my Cobalt 06SG, except with blue flames, no heater, and a back support. The benefit of getting it made while ya wait I guess. I waited a month for my third seat from them and what do I get? A seat off the shelf with nothing done to it. Joy, Joy. That is a very nice seat though. Enjoy the seat! I need A/C in my seat down here in old people land.

You mean like the one being made in this slide show?  It's the one they made for my SEEG several years ago.....   http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/4000502

Love the seat, I wish I was close enough to visit Corbin. If I was, I wouldn't have to switch from my solo to the dual every winter. They don't offer the solo w/ heat. At least they didn't as recently as 6 months ago. :nixweiss:

Are you dealing with Corbin in Fla. or in Calif?  Smaller bikes they can't because the heat pad is larger than the seat.  However, if the seat is big enough, they can do it....at least the factory in Hollister will.

West Coast GTG   

Wildrat

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2008, 08:11:25 PM »

JCZ, Very nice. I like the wide stitching they did on the flames. If you were to cut the dual tour back seat off that is what I want. I was dealing with Corbin Florida. There was one older guy in there that was really good. I never had issues with him, even when problems arose with the first seat. The heat in the seat comment was not that I wanted heat. I wanted A/C in my seat. My eyes are really bad today, I've been up for two days now. My wife went out of town to Washington state to see her children for TG. I don't fly anymore since leaving the military 12 year ago. I had more room to stretch in military acft., usually the whole aircraft. Anyway, I would probably go with a Corbin seat again if I knew I would get what I wanted. Maybe I will ride to Cali and get one. I have a solo Mustang seat now and surprisingly it's pretty comfortable. I used it to go to the Grand Canyon and I survived. That was a nice ride, a bit monotonous packing and unpacking everyday, but the riding was excellent once we got on I-20. I had fun scaring the cows, they are not used to people so mooing and honking my horn scared them, even had a small stampede at one point. I've been trying to get reactions out of these eastern cows for a couple of decades. It was almost as fun as the sheep stampede I started in England. Anyway, I'm straying as usual. I have a sewing machine like Corbin has, maybe I will do my own cover. I need to get some denser foam than what Corbin is using though, just for my bones.

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2008, 08:24:51 PM »

You mean like the one being made in this slide show?  It's the one they made for my SEEG several years ago.....   http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/slideshow/4000502

Are you dealing with Corbin in Fla. or in Calif?  Smaller bikes they can't because the heat pad is larger than the seat.  However, if the seat is big enough, they can do it....at least the factory in Hollister will.

JC, it was CA. I ordered the first solo 3 years ago from FL but found all my questions and request were being answered from CA so after that I've only gone through CA. On this last gray ostrich solo I begged them to let me order it with heat but they said they could not do it. :nixweiss: I've got Corbins on all three bikes now and I could not ride on anything else, amazing how different I feel from first one right out of the box. I remember debating whether to send that concrete block back, sure glad I didn't. :2vrolijk_21:

WaSEEG

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2008, 11:25:16 PM »

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Pam had her seat fitted for her at the factory, but opted for the no frills look.

'05 SEEG
PC III usb
SE Air Filter
Freedom Pipes
Freedom Cam
SE 6-speed
VPC
Wild -1 575's
Garmin Zumo 660
Traxxion AK-20's
300mm Bitubo's

'06 Tiara S/4300

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2008, 10:48:48 AM »

Thanks for the trip down memory lane.  Pam had her seat fitted for her at the factory, but opted for the no frills look.

It is an interesting experience....especially the fact that they just let you walk all over the factory while the work is being done.

Looks like the same seat except that Terrie's has the heater.  When you get the heater, it requires stitching in the seat.  Of course the stitching pattern is up to the owner.  I saw some pretty elaborate stitching patterns.  While I don't care for the tuck and roll look I thought I'd keep it simple with the flames.

West Coast GTG   

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2008, 10:51:25 AM »

JCZ do they stitch the seat to hold the heating element from moving?
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2008, 11:01:18 AM »

JCZ do they stitch the seat to hold the heating element from moving?

No.  The stitching is done prior to the seat cover going on the seat.  The heating element is glued onto the seat prior to the cover being put on.  On a heated seat there is a thin layer of insulation directly under the leather and I think they sew it to keep the insulation from bunching up over time.

West Coast GTG   

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2009, 04:08:48 AM »

That's pretty cool.  They did the seat for you while you waited?  Did you have to have an appointment or just walk in?

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2009, 06:10:49 PM »

That's pretty cool.  They did the seat for you while you waited?  Did you have to have an appointment or just walk in?

Sorry, I missed this.

In the winter it's pretty much first come first serve on Saturdays only.  In the summer, you better make an appointment......and get the name of the person that you talked to.  The doors open at 8:00 a.m. but the line can and does start any time after 7:30a.m. in the winter (even earlier in the summer).

West Coast GTG   

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2009, 07:08:29 PM »

Thanks to Terry and yourself JCZ, I ordered a Corbin heated close solo yesterday from Jenni at Tri State Harley and she said we would have in 3 weeks or so.  May drive down, meet her, and pick up in person as she is only 90 miles away.  Maybe even be warm enough to ride.  Just ordered it as it looks on Corbins website.  Bob

REGGAB

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2009, 07:42:11 PM »

Oh, she's flat footed.  Actually, she's got a slight bend in her knees.  Just doesn't feel like she has the control that she had on her Dyna.  I think it's just a matter of her adjusting to a higher riding bike.

That bike handles so great, I'm afraid to mess with the suspension at all.  We'll let others tread there first and give the reports over a period of time, first. :nixweiss:

Yea Terry........at 6'4" my pants still bunch up on the bottom to, when I stand up.  I get them extra long so that when I'm riding they stay down over my boots.  Don't want anybody to know I wear white sox. :huepfenlol2:

Had to go back and read this whole thread, since I missed it first go 'round.  Beuatiful saddle, Terrie!  Though I have a Corbin, I'm envious.  I'd like one like that for the purple bike.

Oh, and JC.........Buddy, them white sox.......they's standard issue down here in Alabama.  Show 'em off!   :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2: :huepfenjump3: :huepfenlol2:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2009 ST1300 Police
    • CVO3: 2006 ST1300
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2009, 08:24:12 PM »

It is an interesting experience....especially the fact that they just let you walk all over the factory while the work is being done.

Looks like the same seat except that Terrie's has the heater.  When you get the heater, it requires stitching in the seat.  Of course the stitching pattern is up to the owner.  I saw some pretty elaborate stitching patterns.  While I don't care for the tuck and roll look I thought I'd keep it simple with the flames.
Just a note here...I had my heated seat done here at the Ca factory and had it covered with (fau) tan alligater. It was our fourth Corbin seat made by their main guy, Gustavo.  I did not want any stitching so I talked Gustavo into recessing the heating element into the foam which requires no stitching. The stitching is to "puff" up the seat off the element to reduce heat. It was the first one he had done at the time and had to re do it after cutting the element wires. It came out great for me and I tipped him 20$ for his efforts. He also said not to tell the boss as they arn't supossed to alter the seat in this way. Here is a pic below when it was new, the color has toned down alot since then.

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2009, 08:46:56 PM »

Just a note here...I had my heated seat done here at the Ca factory and had it covered with (fau) tan alligater. It was our fourth Corbin seat made by their main guy, Gustavo.  I did not want any stitching so I talked Gustavo into recessing the heating element into the foam which requires no stitching. The stitching is to "puff" up the seat off the element to reduce heat. It was the first one he had done at the time and had to re do it after cutting the element wires. It came out great for me and I tipped him 20$ for his efforts. He also said not to tell the boss as they arn't supossed to alter the seat in this way. Here is a pic below when it was new, the color has toned down alot since then.

Looks Great! Often wondered why they needed stiching with a heated seat. To me, the seat looks much better without the stiching. :2vrolijk_21:

Admiral

• My . Ol . Lady's . A Screaming Eagle !!!
  • 1K CVO Member
  • >> SILVER BULLET <<

• CVO1: 2016 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 2009 FLHTCUSE4
    • CVO3: 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • SJHR
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2009, 08:50:18 PM »

Go gators,  Looks great.
 :wacko:

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2009, 09:16:47 PM »

Looks Great! Often wondered why they needed stiching with a heated seat. To me, the seat looks much better without the stiching. :2vrolijk_21:
My thoughts exactly, guess I was lucky everybody was thinking "outside the box" that day

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2009, 09:19:54 PM »

Trapper, that looks great.  I wondered why they had to stitch it for the heater since the heater is glued in. 

Are you coming to Sac. for the Easyriders Bike Show?  I sent you a PM.

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2009, 07:07:10 AM »

Thanks to Terry and yourself JCZ, I ordered a Corbin heated close solo yesterday from Jenni at Tri State Harley and she said we would have in 3 weeks or so.  May drive down, meet her, and pick up in person as she is only 90 miles away.  Maybe even be warm enough to ride.  Just ordered it as it looks on Corbins website.  Bob
Hey Boatman....was the close solo for a '05 SEEG?  I tried ordering one to fit my SEEG and they told me that they could not put heat in the solo model to fit the SEEGs, 'cause the seat pan wasn't designed for the apparatus.  That's what the guy in Calif. told me.  So no heated Corbin for Spyder.  :( aaarrgh.  spyder

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »

Hey Boatman....was the close solo for a '05 SEEG?  I tried ordering one to fit my SEEG and they told me that they could not put heat in the solo model to fit the SEEGs, 'cause the seat pan wasn't designed for the apparatus.  That's what the guy in Calif. told me.  So no heated Corbin for Spyder.  :( aaarrgh.  spyder
This changed end of last year Spyder

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2009, 09:27:57 AM »

Solo ordered was for an 09 Streetglide.  As Candy stated, must have just changed as the close is now available heated.

Wildrat

« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00:43 AM »

Seeing all these nice Corbin seats still distresses me. Here I have had 6 seats made by Corbin for my bike and the wifes bike and only once has the seat been up to par for me, and it was comfortable. I guess it all has to do with who makes the seat. The other problem I order mine through Corbin over in the Daytona area. I have the Mustang solo now with the same little rack that WaSEEG has on the blue SG. Maybe I will give Corbin a try again one day but after all the money that I have spent on the seats so far and the return I have gotten has not been good.
One thing for sure is a nice looking seat can do a lot for a bike, like nice wheels on an ugly car make it look better, not unless they are 42 inch chrome wheels, with low profile tires on a 80's Chevy capri classic or the like.

Trapperdog

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »

Seeing all these nice Corbin seats still distresses me. Here I have had 6 seats made by Corbin for my bike and the wifes bike and only once has the seat been up to par for me, and it was comfortable. I guess it all has to do with who makes the seat. The other problem I order mine through Corbin over in the Daytona area. I have the Mustang solo now with the same little rack that WaSEEG has on the blue SG. Maybe I will give Corbin a try again one day but after all the money that I have spent on the seats so far and the return I have gotten has not been good.
One thing for sure is a nice looking seat can do a lot for a bike, like nice wheels on an ugly car make it look better, not unless they are 42 inch chrome wheels, with low profile tires on a 80's Chevy capri classic or the like.
I think the difference lies between mail order and beingon hand for the construction. At the factory you can not only choose your seat fabric from the lot pieces but also check out all the piping colors, take them outside for inspection etc. They also cut the foam to fit your rump and modify the pan to your satisfaction. We have even returned months later for free pan modifications. Personally though, I don't think I would ever buy an off the shelf seat from Corbin or any other manufacture after going through this process. We are just lucky to live close by Corbin.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2009, 10:55:32 AM »

Which way?  I called last week and was told 'no' on the solo w/ heat for the SEEG.  spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2009, 10:59:02 AM »

Which way?  I called last week and was told 'no' on the solo w/ heat for the SEEG.  spyder

HeHe!!! Welcome to "The World of Corbin" spyd!!! ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:31 AM »

Wildrat......just curious with that many Corbins hanging in the rafters.....what's been the problem?

I have read here and other forums about the lack of customer service with Corbin in Florida and even in Calif. where the consumer deals with Corbin via mail order and phone. 

For those of you that are not close enough to deal with Corbin in person I'd suggest always going through a retailer (Jim, Jenny, Chicago HD) where you're going to get it cheaper (than dealing directly with Corbin) and you can inspect the seat before accepting it and/or return it without any issues and hassel that Corbin might give you.

Spyder......it seems that everybody at Corbin hasn't got the word on the close reach seats having heat.  While I was at Corbin, the first guy that I talked to told me that they can't do heat in the seat for Terrie's bike.......I then talked to the head guy and he told me that they could......and they did. 

I followed that seat through each step of the process at least every 20-30 minutes.  Corbin lets the customer walk all throughout the factory (and it's quite large) if they want to.  You can even go up to each work station and talk to the person doing that aspect of it.....provided they speak English or you speak Spanish.  FYI.....the seat pans are different for those that have heat.

West Coast GTG   

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2009, 11:20:47 AM »

HeHe!!! Welcome to "The World of Corbin" spyd!!! ::) :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;)

Hoist! 8)
I know.......and in the ole days they were so accommodating and easy to work with......guess if you don't live near the Calif. factory, you don't count.   :-\ spyder

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2009, 11:27:05 AM »

I know.......and in the ole days they were so accommodating and easy to work with......guess if you don't live near the Calif. factory, you don't count.   :-\ spyder

Kinda my take on this spyd, after buying it from Jenni, and then having to deal with them when my seat wan't good for me after spending 600 bucks on it! ;)

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2009, 11:30:23 AM »

Wildrat......just curious with that many Corbins hanging in the rafters.....what's been the problem?

Spyder......it seems that everybody at Corbin hasn't got the word on the close reach seats having heat.  While I was at Corbin, the first guy that I talked to told me that they can't do heat in the seat for Terrie's bike.......I then talked to the head guy and he told me that they could......and they did. 

I followed that seat through each step of the process at least every 20-30 minutes.  Corbin lets the customer walk all throughout the factory (and it's quite large) if they want to.  You can even go up to each work station and talk to the person doing that aspect of it.....provided they speak English or you speak Spanish.  FYI.....the seat pans are different for those that have heat.
Yeah, JC.  1st they told me the 'close' wasn't available to fit the SEEG in a solo model.  Then, I said OK.....I'll just do the reg. Solo but with Heat and even tho the on-line order page shows it being available, the guy said no way.  I questioned why it showed the 'heat' option, he said it was just a 'cut & paste' deal and the seat pan made to fit the SEEG in the classic solo model would not  offer the "heat" option.  I've got 3 corbins so I didn't need another one w/o the heat, so.....I'm SOL.  I think they offer heat in the dual tour model to fit the SEEG, I just don't want the tour model on that bike.  Oh well, now to look for other options.   spyder

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SERG
« Reply #54 on: January 08, 2009, 11:38:56 AM »

Gotta agree here. Sent Corbin an email, before the holidays, with pics, in an effort to get adjustments made. Have yet to hear from them  :beatdeadhorse: :rolleyes5:

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2009, 11:48:20 AM »

Gotta agree here. Sent Corbin an email, before the holidays, with pics, in an effort to get adjustments made. Have yet to hear from them  :beatdeadhorse: :rolleyes5:

Email to Corbin, especially with pictures, is a worthless exercise.  You must speak to someone.  They've got strippers on their mail servers that pull graphics and/or block mail containing graphics being delivered to almost everyone except for senior staff.  Even regular plain jane text email they don't do well with responding to though.  It's just not their best thing.

If you need to send imagery as part of an explanation call and ask to speak to a supervisor.  Complain a little if need be.  Then tell the supervisor what you need to send and make sure that he/she is actually high enough up the food chain there that they can actually receive it.  The sales and basic service personel will tell you "sure, send it here."  But they'll never get it.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

« Reply #56 on: January 08, 2009, 11:51:20 AM »

Call Jenni at Tri State Harley in Fairfield, Ohio (near Cincy)..  She will give you 20% off list price and get the correct answer for you.

1-513-874-4343

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: January 08, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »

Call Jenni at Tri State Harley in Fairfield, Ohio (near Cincy)..  She will give you 20% off list price and get the correct answer for you.

1-513-874-4343

Maybe an answer before purchase. But she has no juice there at all after purchase and you're not happy. You're pretty much on your own. She just gets the RA # after you go thru all the torture with Corbin yourself! ;)

Hoist! 8)

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #58 on: January 08, 2009, 11:58:16 AM »

Email to Corbin, especially with pictures, is a worthless exercise.  You must speak to someone.  They've got strippers on their mail servers that pull graphics and/or block mail containing graphics being delivered to almost everyone except for senior staff.  Even regular plain jane text email they don't do well with responding to though.  It's just not their best thing.

If you need to send imagery as part of an explanation call and ask to speak to a supervisor.  Complain a little if need be.  Then tell the supervisor what you need to send and make sure that he/she is actually high enough up the food chain there that they can actually receive it.  The sales and basic service personel will tell you "sure, send it here."  But they'll never get it.
Good point Don. Hadn't thought of that because one of our members that live local to Corbin Ca. was kind enough to discuss my issue directly with one of their employees. That employee provided company ph#, cell # and email address and assured that he would attempt to assist.

Makes sense it's possible filter blocked email. I intend a follow up call today.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #59 on: January 08, 2009, 12:07:18 PM »

Good point Don. Hadn't thought of that because one of our members that live local to Corbin Ca. was kind enough to discuss my issue directly with one of their employees. That employee provided company ph#, cell # and email address and assured that he would attempt to assist.

Makes sense it's possible filter blocked email. I intend a follow up call today.

Have danced that dance with them more than once when attempting to get a seat built.  Because they are prone to error or incomplete information anymore I beat on the details with them before ordering.  Find out emails with graphics never got to target doing this.  They'll even finally admit it when the choices to answer are:

Do you not receive the emails that have been repeatedly sent to the addresses you've instructed?

or

Are you just too stupid or blind to read and see them?

FNGw/08SERK

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2009, 12:12:29 PM »

Have danced that dance with them more than once when attempting to get a seat built.  Because they are prone to error or incomplete information anymore I beat on the details with them before ordering.  Find out emails with graphics never got to target doing this.  They'll even finally admit it when the choices to answer are:

Do you not receive the emails that have been repeatedly sent to the addresses you've instructed?

or

Are you just too stupid or blind to read and see them?
Roger that, beat the details to death prior also ..... and yet here I am ..... whiskey tango foxtrot .... over  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2009, 12:13:26 PM »

Roger that, beat the details to death prior also ..... and yet here I am ..... whiskey tango foxtrot .... over  :nixweiss: :huepfenlol2:

You talkin to Henry there? :nixweiss: :nixweiss: :nixweiss: ;D ;D ;D

Hoist! 8)

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2009, 12:19:27 PM »

It is not a perfect process.  Hell, it's barely a functional process.  Even with detailing many questions and getting them answered separately for independent verification of the answer from both the CA and FL shops they still fouled up (a little) on the seat for the Road Glide.   Having the documentary support from the order process made dealing with them to fix the problem easier though.  When faced with their own documented mistakes and incorrect answers they have little to do but click their heels and say "yes sir."  Even got free parts or work out of them for the trouble when the Road Glide seat was being done then again when they stitched a chopped pak backrest to match the SEEG (yeap, they fouled up both times).
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]

Page created in 0.277 seconds with 20 queries.