Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Author Topic: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK  (Read 16510 times)

OddN

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2002 FLHRSEI
Re: My 2002 FLHRSEI Brandywine SERK
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2020, 03:35:44 AM »

Do you know why it doesn't have the original SE dash?

No idea. It was already switched in the ad from California in 2011, so I guess it was done at least ten years ago. I plan to take the dash off and check for damages to the tank before I start searching for an original dash. Maybe the original owner dropped something and made a scratch, and felt he had to cover it up...

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2020, 03:44:12 AM »

It and that big horn cover you see.  Part of the fad 15 years ago.  I think Harley made the original dash obsolete a couple years ago also.  If that's correct just have to watch for used that's either good or good enough to be plated. 

The 1550 rear fender emblem placed up high isn't normal either.  That emblem belongs down low on the fender below the license plate.  With the solo seat installed I've done the same thing though.  Using the emblem to cover the rear mount hole for the seat and with the huge rear plate his MoT requires it's not like you could see the cool 1550 emblem down there anyway.  So might as well move it up where you can enjoy it.  Stuff like that is too anyone's individual taste. 

Would be nice to find a correct dash for it though.  Those were only used on the 02, 03 and 07 SERKs.  Always thought they were a good looking piece.

Was there anything special with the horn cover on these bikes, or was it just the standard horn cover that came on all bikes?

The 1550 emblem was moved by the previous owner here in Norway, and was done when the license plate relocation was done. As you say, you couldnt see it on the bottom of the fender anyways with the license plate covering it. So that's a nice mod I think.

I have a couple of used dashes in sight on the ebay, but will check the tank for possible damages first.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2020, 03:45:34 AM »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2020, 10:08:20 AM »

Was there anything special with the horn cover on these bikes, or was it just the standard horn cover that came on all bikes?

The 1550 emblem was moved by the previous owner here in Norway, and was done when the license plate relocation was done. As you say, you couldnt see it on the bottom of the fender anyways with the license plate covering it. So that's a nice mod I think.

I have a couple of used dashes in sight on the ebay, but will check the tank for possible damages first.

The seat you have now will not line up well with the narrow stock dash that originally came on your bike. So that is another consideration.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2020, 12:45:43 PM »

And.... sorry missed this, the stock horn cover is just the normal horn cover used for a million years on a bajillion bikes.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2020, 02:21:09 PM »

The seat you have now will not line up well with the narrow stock dash that originally came on your bike. So that is another consideration.

Thanks. Another consideration regarding new seat. Good to know.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2020, 03:30:30 PM »

Thanks. Another consideration regarding new seat. Good to know.

Yes, most bikes had some version of that wide and normal dash with the nose of the seat formed to match.  The SE Road Kings had the different dash that was much narrower down at its tail with the seat sculpted ot match.  Your wide seat was bolt down ok.  It'd just look funny.  This pic is an 03 but it's the same dash.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2020, 03:33:20 PM »

Also, and not sure if you've got them or not, but there are 02 and color specific versions of the 1550 air cleaner, derby and timer covers.  The fender emblem you've already got.  Horn cover is normal stock if you happen to want that.  But it's all done to whatever you like best.  Unless you hate it the SERK dash is a nice looking part though.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 05:26:54 PM by Twolanerider »

acevtwin

• 1K CVO Member
    • MI

• CVO1: 2000 SERG Orange/White/Black sold
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Orange / Black Sold
    • CVO3: 2010 CVO FLSTSE Convertible Orange/Black CVO4: 2017 FLHXSE Orange/Black CVO5: 2022 FLTRXSE Orange/Black CVO6: 2010 FLSTSE Orange / Black (Yes, a second one)
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2020, 04:02:11 PM »

I worked at the dealership when these bikes were new. Always loved that color! Great bike!

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2020, 03:12:35 AM »

Also, and not sure if you've got them or not, but there are 02 and color specific versions of the 1550 air cleaner, derby and timer covers.  The fender emblem you've already got.  Horn cover is normal stock if you happen to want that.  But it's all done to whatever you like best.  Unless you hate it the SERK dash is a nice looking part though.

I have all the color specific covers so no problem there.

I really want to get my hands on the correct dash but I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new seat as well. I remember reading something in your thread about some seats not matching the dash very well.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2020, 04:17:32 AM by OddN »

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2020, 11:53:55 AM »

I have all the color specific covers so no problem there.

I really want to get my hands on the correct dash but I guess I'll have to wait until I get a new seat as well. I remember reading something in your thread about some seats not matching the dash very well.

The seat/dash mating is pretty obvious after you've seen on.  The SE Road King dash is narrow down where it meets the seat.  The seats that look better next to it don't have that wide and flat nose out on their front end but instead are tapered in some to meet the narrower dash.

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #41 on: September 23, 2020, 12:01:42 PM »

I had the dash off the other day, and no obvious damage to the tank other than some minor scratches from where the rubber strip has been rubbing. Hopefully they will all go away with a good buffing.

Found a used dash from a 2007 on the bay, and it is on its way over. I also ordered a silver speedometer face with km/h numbers. A fellow Road King owner here in Norway had a spare speedometer from a SERK lying around, so I won't have to sacrifice the one I have.  Mileage will still be in miles, but at least I won't have to sit and calculate speed as I ride. Although I've learned pretty fast how to.

Just hope the new dash is in decent condition so it won't need a rechrome, just a good clean and polish. It also has the ignition switch surround with the "Screamin Eagle Road King" script, however that looks a bit faded, so I might have to geet a new one. But that is a restricted part isn't it? Meaning I will have to find me a 2007 owner willing to order one for me, right?

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #42 on: September 23, 2020, 12:04:54 PM »

New speedometer face:

OddN

• Full CVO Member

« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2020, 12:12:28 PM »

Another thing that has been bugging me (and was bugging the previous owner as well) is a slight misfire when cruising at 2000-2500 rpm on level ground. It only happens when the engine is warm, and only when cruising. If I twist the handle it responds immediately without any hesitation.

I checked for fault codes, and only one was present: Engine temp sensor low voltage. I have ordered a new sensor, and hopefully that will solve it. If not, maybe I will have to try and follow the wires from the sensor and check for any short.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #44 on: September 23, 2020, 04:26:26 PM »

I had the dash off the other day, and no obvious damage to the tank other than some minor scratches from where the rubber strip has been rubbing. Hopefully they will all go away with a good buffing.

Found a used dash from a 2007 on the bay, and it is on its way over. I also ordered a silver speedometer face with km/h numbers. A fellow Road King owner here in Norway had a spare speedometer from a SERK lying around, so I won't have to sacrifice the one I have.  Mileage will still be in miles, but at least I won't have to sit and calculate speed as I ride. Although I've learned pretty fast how to.

Just hope the new dash is in decent condition so it won't need a rechrome, just a good clean and polish. It also has the ignition switch surround with the "Screamin Eagle Road King" script, however that looks a bit faded, so I might have to geet a new one. But that is a restricted part isn't it? Meaning I will have to find me a 2007 owner willing to order one for me, right?

Yes, the special 2007 ignition switch ring and ignition switch are restricted parts.  As of last fall the ring was still available for purchase though.  Watch for an 07 bike on eBay and borrow its VIN number to make your purchase.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  All

Page created in 0.163 seconds with 22 queries.