Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2021 CVO help.  (Read 2032 times)

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
2021 CVO help.
« on: May 03, 2021, 03:55:32 PM »

This past weekend I was at the Thunderbeach rally in Panama City. I had a blast.

But I decided to test ride the 2021 CVO Streetglide and Roadglide and I was really impressed. That 117 has an amazing amount of torque right from the factory. And the new Rockford Fosgate sound system is really good.

But I have a few questions perhaps some of you guys with new/newer bikes could help me with.

I currently have a 2015 and 2016 SESG as a reference point.

So the 2021 has no lower fairing, will I miss these? On my 2016 I use them for storage. On the 2015 I use them for speakers. Was it difficult getting use to not having them?

The ride seemed firmer/harsher. Is that just brand new stif suspension? Or is it crappy suspension like I had in my ‘15 and ‘16 till I replaced it with better?

I would plan to upgrade to the 131ci kit and have dealer do it so it stays within my factory warranty. Yes I know I’ll be sacrificing some hp and torque to stay compliant with epa, oh well.

Do the M8’s run hot? Will I feel it?

Any input is greatly appreciated thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glenncarp

Re: 2021 CVO help.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2021, 06:56:57 PM »

This past weekend I was at the Thunderbeach rally in Panama City. I had a blast.

But I decided to test ride the 2021 CVO Streetglide and Roadglide and I was really impressed. That 117 has an amazing amount of torque right from the factory. And the new Rockford Fosgate sound system is really good.

But I have a few questions perhaps some of you guys with new/newer bikes could help me with.

I currently have a 2015 and 2016 SESG as a reference point.

So the 2021 has no lower fairing, will I miss these? On my 2016 I use them for storage. On the 2015 I use them for speakers. Was it difficult getting use to not having them?

The ride seemed firmer/harsher. Is that just brand new stif suspension? Or is it crappy suspension like I had in my ‘15 and ‘16 till I replaced it with better?

I would plan to upgrade to the 131ci kit and have dealer do it so it stays within my factory warranty. Yes I know I’ll be sacrificing some hp and torque to stay compliant with epa, oh well.

Any input is greatly appreciated thank you.

Can't answer many of your questions, but my '19 Roade Glide has a dial behind left saddle bag and it is simple to adjust. On shock is damper, the other is lift, I think it is tons better than old suspension.

M8 seems to run a lot cooler, but I moved from FL to the NC mountains and traded the CVO for the RG Special when I got here, so for me it just may be not riding in 100 degree weather in the summer. Lol.

All my FL friends boost up their engines because it is flaaaaat there. I added an air cleaner, slip ons and race tuner and it has so much low end torque and I ride the twisties all day long, so I will never understand the need for a 131 unless you ride where it is flaaaat. Lol. I killed my buddy with his 131 on the Diamondback in Little Switzerland as he does not know how to ride anything but straight. Guess it all depends on how and where you ride. One thing not to expect is any better of a navi system, HD sucks at navigation

Hope this little info helped.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 07:06:24 AM »

Can't answer many of your questions, but my '19 Roade Glide has a dial behind left saddle bag and it is simple to adjust. On shock is damper, the other is lift, I think it is tons better than old suspension.

M8 seems to run a lot cooler, but I moved from FL to the NC mountains and traded the CVO for the RG Special when I got here, so for me it just may be not riding in 100 degree weather in the summer. Lol.

All my FL friends boost up their engines because it is flaaaaat there. I added an air cleaner, slip ons and race tuner and it has so much low end torque and I ride the twisties all day long, so I will never understand the need for a 131 unless you ride where it is flaaaat. Lol. I killed my buddy with his 131 on the Diamondback in Little Switzerland as he does not know how to ride anything but straight. Guess it all depends on how and where you ride. One thing not to expect is any better of a navi system, HD sucks at navigation

Hope this little info helped.
Hey thanks for the input.

Yes there is definitely a learning curve when you leave Florida. Every where I ride is flat and straight. When ever I travel out of Florida I have to get my mind right and really focused in for the hills and twists.

rayson56

• 1K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey not a destination.
    • WA

• CVO1: 2018 FLTRXSE Black Earth/Vivid Black (Sold)
    • CVO2: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond (Traded)
    • CVO3: 2007 FXDSE Red (Sold)
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 12:23:27 PM »

Yes, I ended up going with lowers and speakers (which Harley says won't fit) and I'm very glad that I did.

The ride seemed firmer/harsher. Is that just brand new stiff suspension? Or is it crappy suspension like I had in my ‘15 and ‘16 till I replaced it with better?

The stock suspension is much better front and rear, when properly adjusted, and settles in nicely after about 2500 miles, BUT the rear is still not as good as it could be with a set of Legend Revo-A's.

No, the M8's seem to run much cooler and a lot smoother with more torque and HP out of the gate. There is also an oil cooler fan kit that is a plug and play item that works really well. It does need to be flashed though and so will your stereo if you add another set of speakers.

Although there are a lot of cool Twin Cams out there, I will never go back, at least as far as my main bike goes!

Hope this helps.
2010 Dyna Wide Glide
2021 GW Bagger
2018 SERG (Sold)
2011 SESG (Traded)
2007 Dyna Wide Glide CVO (Sold)
2010 Night Rod Special
2007 full custom road king
2006 big dog mastiff
2000 big dog pro 18
1999 big dog pro sport
1991 fxrs full custom
1984 v65 magna

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2021, 09:11:08 AM »

This is great I appreciate the help thank you.

SouthwestCVO

• CA

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 09:04:58 PM »

I have a '21 CVO RG and within one month of ownership I replaced the rear shocks with the RWD RS-1's. They made a dramatic improvement with handling and comfort. I highly recommend them.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 22 queries.