Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: 131 Very Happy  (Read 3537 times)

Pan1

• Full CVO Member
Re: 131 Very Happy
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2021, 11:28:13 PM »

My 131 is not fully broke in but it does seem to run Hot and the outside temp is only in the low 80's. It is a Twin Cooled and the fans come on rather quickly. You can definitely feel the heat. I do not know  about how long these motors last but you do not have to run it hard to go fast. The low end power is amazing and while I have only turned it loose a couple of times it makes power all the way to the rev limiter which is about 6,400.

I am using the SE street tuner and auto tune. When the HD tech connected the bike to the laptop we noticed there are cells in the low RPM range with retarded timing that can be changed. Since the motor was new and we only made 2 dyno pulls as a shakedown we did not change  them. I suspect changing these from the -4 to a 1-2 advance would help with heat at idle.

My dyno chart is posted in this thread.

Hondo2doc

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
Re: 131 Very Happy
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2021, 06:00:13 PM »

So to be fair I do ride very hard (used to chasing JC around..). with that said I also have a 12 CVO RG with a S&S 124 crate in it with over 30000 miles on the motor and no issues. I do think the 131 problem was a one off but it does run hotter than the 124. I also will say the 131 runs better than the 124 which absolutely surprised mw after I got it tuned. I have posted the dyne sheets but the 124 has 142 tq and 131 HP, the 131 has 152 TQ and 137 HP. Both have smooth curves but definitely a difference in the 131. Worth the little bit of extra heat assuming of course the issue was a one off!
Hey may I ask if you deviated from the stock 131 kit? Your numbers are great especially the torque. Harley website doesn’t show anything near 152 torque for the 131 kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.121 seconds with 22 queries.