Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2016 Streetglide Radiator Delete  (Read 1053 times)

northerner

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

• CVO1: 2016 117 STREETGLIDE CVO
2016 Streetglide Radiator Delete
« on: May 12, 2021, 10:47:04 PM »

Just finished doing a 117 build on my 2016 cvo streetglide, we removed the water cooling /wetheads system put on ss air cooled heads. Now everywhere i read says just put a 1K ohm resistor in where the fans were. Iam assuming 1 resistor per fan circuit being two fans i need 2 resistors. Now i have tried using 1K ohm resistors and the engine light still comes on for the 2 fan circuits, i then tried a 180 Ohm resistor and now i only get the code for the RH fan circuit. I purchased the diag4bike software/passthru device in the hopes of turning the fans off in the ecm which they CAN DO BUT, my luck i have a thundermax ecm/tuner on it and when i plug in it wont allow me to access that function.
Thunder max said use a 1K ohm resistor and they cant do a custom tune to remove the codes for the fans, their only option was to get a dakota digital speedo then they can do a custom tune for it.
The diag4bike guys said because it has a tmax tuner im outta luck.

Ive put a ohm meter across the two different fans when they are off the bike and one reads .232K ohm and the other reads 173.6 ohms

Ive left the temp sensor that was in the rad plugged in as well, i keep getting the following codes
P1691 Cooling fan left low/open
P1693 Cooling fan right low/open
P1019 ECT Difference (high temp)

ANY INSIGHT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
Re: 2016 Streetglide Radiator Delete
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2021, 08:15:36 AM »

You own the Tmax and it won't go there. There are guys that have the stock ECU that have done this and it is possible. If you are willing to get rid of the Tmax and go to another tuner then you may have a shot. An air cooled map using a Power Vision is reported to work.

Page created in 0.117 seconds with 21 queries.