Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201]

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 585210 times)

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #3000 on: March 15, 2021, 07:42:25 AM »

Have always carried on the bike, and probably always will.  Current favorite carry gun is a SIG P365.

Mine too

BigLew

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3001 on: March 15, 2021, 12:19:14 PM »

x 2 XL

BigLew

2soaper

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2005 Fat Boy Blue/Brushed Steel
    • CVO2: 2015 Street Black/Ghost Flames
« Reply #3002 on: March 15, 2021, 04:53:54 PM »

In my experience especially as a newbie to the 1911 style firearms there is a bit of a learning curve to disassembly and putting them back together thus if you google idiot mark 1911 you'll get what I'm talking about.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #3003 on: March 15, 2021, 10:01:27 PM »

How is the Kimber different than any other 1911 to disassemble and reassemble?

Don't know that I would necessarily say Kimber is different. It all depends on the gun. Mil spec guns which is what most are used to seeing has a barrel bushing and a cap over the recoil spring. Push the cap in rotate the barrel bushing and release the spring pressure which allows disassembly with no spring pressure. A lot of newer as well as a lot of 4" and 3" 1911's have the barrel bushed in the slide so there is no barrel bushing and thus the spring tension isn't released. Whith those there are 2 ways that I know of to disassemble. You can pull the slide back and insert a tool (paper clip) into a hole in the guide rod thus holding the spring tension for disassembly or you can pull the slide back to the notch with spring tension still on the frame and remove lock lever and disassemble from there. The later method is how I have started using. Lots of videos for both methods can be seen on YouTube
Most great stores start with a bad decision

charles05663

• 1K CVO Member
    • TX

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Petunia
« Reply #3004 on: March 16, 2021, 12:29:21 PM »

If you know the right trick, you can disassemble a M1911 by just pulling the slide back and never fuss with the barrel bushing.

To do so, you push the slide lock on the right hand side (the little nub) and the slide lock with pop out and release the barrel.  I learned the trick in the Army when I carried a .45.

:oops: :nixweiss:
And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men.
Matthew 4:19

http://www.thefishermenministry.net/

Q:  What is the USA's number one export to China?
A:  Trash!  They loved our high quality trash. (not any longer).

Stolen technology and Jobs!

Finster101

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #3005 on: March 16, 2021, 09:09:52 PM »

If you know the right trick, you can disassemble a M1911 by just pulling the slide back and never fuss with the barrel bushing.

To do so, you push the slide lock on the right hand side (the little nub) and the slide lock with pop out and release the barrel.  I learned the trick in the Army when I carried a .45.

:oops: :nixweiss:

Learned that trick being a tanker.  Could field strip one in 7 seconds and reassemble in 12.  The "idiot mark" didn't matter on my issue piece.  I don't want it on my Colts though.  Never handled many Kimbers the platform seems the same though.

Yellow09SERG

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 YELLOW!!
« Reply #3006 on: March 18, 2021, 02:07:46 PM »

Learned that trick being a tanker.  Could field strip one in 7 seconds and reassemble in 12.  The "idiot mark" didn't matter on my issue piece.  I don't want it on my Colts though.  Never handled many Kimbers the platform seems the same though.
The Kimbers will do the same with barrel bushing or slide bushing. Rack slide back till you reach notch and slip the slide lock out
Most great stores start with a bad decision
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201]

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 21 queries.