Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 201

Author Topic: Do you carry?  (Read 592218 times)

spada84

• Elite CVO Member
  • Stand for something, or fall for anything.

• CVO1: '10 SEUC "Orange Crush"
    • CVO2: 6 (or 7) other bikes
Re: Do you carry?
« Reply #1470 on: December 22, 2011, 05:57:31 PM »

Fellas,
    Thanks for all of your input, but telling the "Bad Guy's" what you carry and where is a bad idea.  Maybe we should go a little quieter about our toyz....and use em when we need too...............

Just a thought......

_B

Crap.  I wasn't aware that bad guys were members here.

I know, they're everywhere.  :oops:
Spada84
NoSofa!

DOOFUS

« Reply #1471 on: December 22, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »

It's time I come out to you guys -- here is my picture and how I carry.  DOOF

DOOFUS

« Reply #1472 on: December 22, 2011, 08:56:43 PM »

When I'm riding to a place that makes me very, very, scared -- I invite these friends ---

dmnrdn

• Avoid the 8P's
  • Full CVO Member
    • KS
« Reply #1473 on: December 22, 2011, 09:32:18 PM »

Kinda useless carrying a SD weapon without one in the chamber.  Too much time to put into service.

The Mossad and other elite forces carry an empty chamber and those guys can get a hit on target faster than most do with one in the chamber and drawing.  The secret to it is the same no matter how you carry. Practice practice practice ad regularly

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #1474 on: December 22, 2011, 10:07:49 PM »

The Mossad and other elite forces carry an empty chamber and those guys can get a hit on target faster than most do with one in the chamber and drawing.  The secret to it is the same no matter how you carry. Practice practice practice ad regularly
Absolutely agree (although the practice was much better when Uncle Sugar was buying all the ammo).  :2vrolijk_21: har.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

mrmagloo

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #1475 on: December 22, 2011, 11:39:50 PM »

Fellas,
    Thanks for all of your input, but telling the "Bad Guy's" what you carry and where is a bad idea.  Maybe we should go a little quieter about our toyz....and use em when we need too...............

Just a thought......

_B

If a bad guy is casing me, and he's dedicated to the point that he stalks my every move, and is capable to track me online to filter through every post I make on umpteen different forums for intel on what I might be packing, the guy is pretty good - wasting his time, but certainly dedicated. However, does it really matter if it's a .45 or a .40, or a .454 for that matter? No matter what I carry, he still has to risk me not using it when I recognize him as the threat, right? Thanks for the concern, but that's the least of my worries.
2004 SE Deuce - Cobalt Blue
2006 SE Ultra Classic - Autumn Haze

Pete7539

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 SEUC
« Reply #1476 on: December 23, 2011, 06:41:52 AM »

Not to mention, a little google searching will yield a list of licensed pistol owners in any area, sometimes for a nominal fee, or just do a FOIL request. My bike cost a lot more than any of my guns and i'm sure there are bad guys that would want to take that too.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1477 on: December 23, 2011, 11:43:35 AM »

If a bad guy is casing me, and he's dedicated to the point that he stalks my every move, and is capable to track me online to filter through every post I make on umpteen different forums for intel on what I might be packing, the guy is pretty good - wasting his time, but certainly dedicated. However, does it really matter if it's a .45 or a .40, or a .454 for that matter? No matter what I carry, he still has to risk me not using it when I recognize him as the threat, right? Thanks for the concern, but that's the least of my worries.

Me too...the very last thing that concerns me is someone lurking on a forum about motorcycles to find out who carries a gun.  And if they did, they'd probably be less likely to target my home than someone elses who they knew did not carry.  With all the gun owner's forums out there on the internet, if someone wanted to steal someone's guns, that'd be the place to look.  But if I was inclined to break into a home to steal things like guns, the very last place I'd go is someone who I KNOW ahead of time is likely to blow my chit away if given the chance.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #1478 on: December 23, 2011, 12:02:13 PM »

I prefer to travel with dogs
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #1479 on: December 23, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »

I agree that looking for people with guns is not the most attractive thing for someone to come after. I do feel that being discreet is a good thing such as concealed carry is better than open carry (unless at a range).
Officers are trained to be careful off duty and not advertise that they are law enforcement or armed since bad guys look for signs like FOP shirts and license plate frames or at a convenience store counter checking out a person's keyring for a handcuff key. That type of telegraphing may mean you get the first bullet if some bad guy opens fire.

Probaby a greater risk of becoming a burglary victim is to post your planned vacations. With all the ways to locate a person on the web and photos of your goodies that many are now geotagged it's like advertising "Look at all the neat stuff located at...and i will be away on these dates..." I agree that a motorcycle website is not the most frequented website for this though, probably greater chance on a social network like Facebook or Myspace.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #1480 on: December 23, 2011, 12:23:41 PM »

I agree that looking for people with guns is not the most attractive thing for someone to come after. I do feel that being discreet is a good thing such as concealed carry is better than open carry (unless at a range).
Officers are trained to be careful off duty and not advertise that they are law enforcement or armed since bad guys look for signs like FOP shirts and license plate frames or at a convenience store counter checking out a person's keyring for a handcuff key. That type of telegraphing may mean you get the first bullet if some bad guy opens fire.

Probaby a greater risk of becoming a burglary victim is to post your planned vacations. With all the ways to locate a person on the web and photos of your goodies that many are now geotagged it's like advertising "Look at all the neat stuff located at...and i will be away on these dates..." I agree that a motorcycle website is not the most frequented website for this though, probably greater chance on a social network like Facebook or Myspace.

And generally, people are much more open about their personal information on those places.

IMO, real acts of violence are generally random...you're just in the wrong place at the wrong time.  While theives may work an area of town for a short while, with thousands of homes to choose from, they're going to pick those that are easy targets...not well lighted, no dogs, hidden ways to enter, etc.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1481 on: December 23, 2011, 12:31:45 PM »

I agree.........My Boyz (Dutch and Mylo) are here to keep Moma safe, they will give their lives for her. I see a lot of people here broadcast their every move, some day it will catch up with you. Try to be a little Fonzie here...........cool. :cherry:
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1482 on: December 23, 2011, 12:59:34 PM »

First line of defence at home.

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #1483 on: December 23, 2011, 01:10:30 PM »

Waiting for Santa!

Screamin_Beagle

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #1484 on: December 23, 2011, 01:39:48 PM »

Talon,
     Looks like Moma's virtue is safe at home.  Suzie is too. :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21: :2vrolijk_21:
What ever it is that somebody did that you didn't want done.....................I either did it or had something to do with it!!!
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 201

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 21 queries.