Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: cvo fatboy  (Read 1779 times)

cmv65

• I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
cvo fatboy
« on: March 12, 2005, 09:25:23 PM »

what can i do to get more power out of the 103 without spending a whole lot? so far i got a set of v/h side shots and a forcewinder. not sure what else to do to this motor. in my old bike i had a 117" and im not sure ill be happy with the 103.

help!!

thanks,

cmv65

Zen

• Screaming thru the twistys
Re: cvo fatboy
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 02:01:37 PM »

Exhaust, air kit and power commander upgrade should give plenty of power without opening up the motor. I did just that on my 02 SERK and I get 95hp and 110 ft lbs torque. I had a pro dial it in and I have plenty of power for touring or scaring the kiddies on Main Street.
Zen

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 12:16:58 PM »

CMV65,

I would suggest looking at the either the Race Tuner or the Power Commander USB version.   As Zen suggests the Air Cleaner, Pipes although I am a bit skeptical about the 110 ftp of torque even with a pro tuning it as that would be nearly a pick up of 20-25 ft/tq improvement.    Most people are seeing numbers 94 to 104 hp and 98 to 104 TQ with this combination depending on whether they are using SAE tuning or STD Tuning.

Another suggestion might be to get rid of your stock cam and look at something slightly more aggressive in harley you have 204  TQ cam comes in early dies around 4500 / 211 comes in later and runs till 5500 / 251 a mix of both cams / 257 higher end etc.

If you liked your S&S you may consider their 570 cam (gear drive) so that you have no issues with heads / clearances or a cam by Andrews that meets your driving wants.

Beyond that people have been seeing mid 115 's with head work / Cam  such as SBCharlie's stuff.

It all depends on 2 things how much is enough for YOU and how much do you want to spend to get there.   I think if you do some mild head work / cam change / race tuner or power commander you will be in the area your used to except that this bike may be a bit heavier and you will have to make concesssions for that weight and the batman fairing in the front at top end.

Hope this helps,
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

DCFIREMANN

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 02:10:50 PM »

what can i do to get more power out of the 103 without spending a whole lot? so far i got a set of v/h side shots and a forcewinder. not sure what else to do to this motor. in my old bike i had a 117" and im not sure ill be happy with the 103.

help!!

thanks,

cmv65

CMV first I would like to welcome you to the site.

How much do want to spend on this motor? I would install a Zippers 50mm throttle body with a D&D fat cat or thunder header and Zippers ECM with thier download. I promise you won't be sorry. I would stay away from any cams that are chain driven if you must do a cam change do gear driven. You can contact Zippers at Zippersperformance.com or 301-631-2311 they will help you with some very good and reliable horsepower.

I went with the Thundermax ECM because it gives you a good soild base to build on. It does so much more than the stock Harley ECM. There are a few otherson this site that have done similar packages and they all are very happy.

Good luck in your choice

Be Safe

THE DAWG
cvo 1  04 FLHTCSEI  Qrange/Black AKA Ole Punkin
cvo 2 05 VRSCXe Orange/Black sold
cvo 3 02 FXDWG2 Black/Gold 
cvo 4 04 FLHTCSE Blue/Black  sold
cvo 5 09 FLHTCUSE4 Red/Marron sold
cvo 6 12 FLHTCUSE Blue Saphire/Stardust Silver AKA Saphire
cvo 7 14 FLHTKSE  Blaze/Maroon
2020 CVO Limited

PROUD MEMBER EBCM #1.75 Second in command of this great organization

Also has been placed on
TRIPLE SECRET PROBATION

Page created in 0.65 seconds with 21 queries.