Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 5K mile service  (Read 1395 times)

hd2003-se2005

5K mile service
« on: July 03, 2005, 11:42:47 AM »

I was very happy about my 1K mile service on the SEEG being no charge.
Unfortunately I forgot to negotiate a deal on the 5K mile service. [smiley=furious.gif]

$231.00 [smiley=shocked2.gif]
$69.00 in parts
$162 in labor,  ----> 2.7 hours ---> = 60 per hour

6 qts. of oil total in all the holes.
Filter, gaskets and o rings.
Front end fine!
Everything else checked out fine

Only let Mike in service touch it. He loves those SEEGs.

Took the 03 dresser in for the 20K service and picked up the SEEG.

It's only money! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

MAVERICK

• Senior CVO Member
  • IN GOD WE TRUST! ALL OTHERS PAY CASH !!
Re: 5K mile service
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2005, 10:21:01 AM »

I think you did good! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I talked to the service manger at a dealership in Houston and I liked to fell out when he told me what they wanted to service the bike. $ 79.00 an hour for labor at 2.5 hours plus gaskets o-ring and oil. When he told me the price I fainted.I think I heard him say the grand total was $350.00.  [smiley=confused5.gif]

[smiley=oops.gif]
Life is too short. I like to slide in sideways whenever I can with a marqarita in one hand and a fine babe ridin bitch, screamin Oh!! what a ride!!

Remember ride it like you stole it and bone it like you own it !!!

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
Re: 5K mile service
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2005, 02:06:39 PM »

I think you did good! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] I talked to the service manger at a dealership in Houston and I liked to fell out when he told me what they wanted to service the bike. $ 79.00 an hour for labor at 2.5 hours plus gaskets o-ring and oil. When he told me the price I fainted.I think I heard him say the grand total was $350.00.  [smiley=confused5.gif]

[smiley=oops.gif]

In the interest of maintaining your good humor and health, don't even think about asking the price for the 10k and 20k services.  The 5k is basically just a fluid change; wait till you get to the head bearings, swing arm bearings, fork oil, etc.  The best part is that after you pay for this stuff, the odds are better than even that many of the items on the checklist will not have been done anyway.  I recently pulled my throttle grip because it didn't feel as smooth as it did new.  Absolutely no lubricant of any kind on the grip or the throttle cables, even though the dealer supposedly performed the 1000 mile service.  I will be doing all of the rest of the service intervals myself, just like on my previous bikes.  I only let them do the first one so they won't get sh*tty about the warranty.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Page created in 0.451 seconds with 21 queries.