Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Author Topic: Update!!-My wife, my life, and where to go from here.  (Read 7088 times)

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
Re: My wife, my life, and where to go from here.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2008, 09:50:07 AM »

Will say a prayer for you and your wife, keep a positive attitude that things will be better.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

Wrongway

• Stop Following Me!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • What A Beautiful Mess I'm In......
    • CA

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE Burgundy Blaze/Typhoon Maroon aka Mongo
    • CVO2: Gone:2005 FLHTCSE2 Cherry, Teal, 2006 FLHTCUSE Crimson
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2008, 10:01:21 AM »

As most in this family know, my best friend is my wife Lil-Bit. The thought of her going through what you two are going through scares the hell out of me. Donna is only 100-108 lbs. and those little ones seam to get hit with everything that comes their way. I'm scared! I hate this getting older thing.
 I never pass the chance to thank a Viet Nam Vet, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR WHAT YOU DID FOR ME, AND WELCOME HOME!

God speed to you and the Miss. Pray that you live long and play longer.  Dave

screaminchickensrule

• Senior CVO Member
  • SCREAMIN CHICKENS RULE

• CVO1: 2007 SEUC ORANGE & BLACK
    • CVO2: 2006 SEUC BLACK & GREY
    • PREMIER AUTO AND CYCLE SALES
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2008, 10:44:58 AM »

Many tears and prayers go out to you from Missouri, my family also went through the cancer last year and all is good now...  Although it is very scary at the time a positive attitude will prevail...  Good luck and god bless your family in a time of need.
Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.  ~Author Unknown

Lil-Bit

• Elite CVO Member
  • My Next Husband Will Be Normal...
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2008, 10:52:34 AM »

My tears, heart & prayers go out to you, your wife and the family. 

Been through it w/ my nephew when he was 16 and thankfully today he's 26 and fine. 

Please keep us posted through her recovery.

Donna

amigo Jorge

• LDR #00372
  • 5k CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: '20 FLHTCUTGSE Trike CVO
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2008, 12:03:01 PM »

Our (Martha & me) prayers are with you and your wife.....God bless her and take care of her and hopefully she will get well soon and riding again!!

JR

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Be Still and Know that I AM God
    • TN

• CVO1: 2012 ULTRA FLHTCUSE7
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG FLHTCSE2
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG FLTRSEI
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2008, 12:29:51 PM »

God Bless you, your children and Libby! After reading this wonderful love story so much has gone thru my mind.  I kept reading your words over and over again to see how I should pray for Libby. In doing so, I would ponder on certain areas of your life. First, the Vietnam era. I praise you for serving in those times and re-enlisting! I remember those days, I had a brother in the Navy and one in the Army. When I graduated I was going to be a Marine. The draft ended before I was 18 and decided to give college a shot. Never to become a Marine.

Then both of you going thru two divorces and then hooking up since 2000. I believe it may have been Gods intention for you two to be together from the get go. I believe divorce is not part of Gods plan. It is a result of not knowing or getting away from Gods word. Now, you are in love with who I believe God intended from the beginning, Libby! Praise be to God for your happiness and Love for Libby!

As I read over how you found out about Libby's cancer and what she and you have been through since June and July, man, how fragile life is! Understand, we are all just a heartbeat from eternity! Nobody wants to go thru what you and Libby has been thru, but I praise God! I praise Him for allowing you to live in a time and country where we have doctors and procedures to extend your time here. Praise God for giving you strength to get this far and hope that all will be all right! Scripture that came to me was Romans 8:26-28. Here's how it reads, vs26) In the same way the Spirit also helps our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we should, but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words; 27) and He who searches the hearts knows what the mind of the Spirit is, because He intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 28) And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Friend, I included scripture since you spoke of God and wanting our prayers. In searching how to pray for Libby I had peace, so I prayed that Gods will be for a total recovery from this dreadful disease that has attacked her body. In the above scripture, as a believer, when you pray to God we have the Holy Spirit who will intercedes on behalf of the saints ("believers") according to the will of God.

You wrote "I am asking for is just one tear with your prayer for my wife because I am certain God is counting on you, just like me." Brother, the tears I shed is for the joy in the work God has all ready done in Libby and you. I believe the second greatest gift God has given us is prayer. We should lift each other up in prayer as their is great power in prayer! James 5:16 Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. A key to prayer is confession of sin to keep a mans heart righteous to the will of God. Therefore, what you ask God for will be given unto you because it aligns with the will of God. Last, I believe God is not counting on me. He doesn't need JR to get His will done! WE ARE COUNTING ON GOD and for His unfailing love to prevail in all areas of our life! I write in love from my heart not to discourage but to encourage you and Libby in your trials in life! God's Love and God Bless!

JR :bananarock:

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2008, 10:15:52 PM »

My wife and I took the long way around in getting married. In 1964, I was as senior, and I wanted nothing more than to join  the Marine Corps, and go to Viet Nam. In my last week of boot camp, August of 64, then Tonkin Gulf event took place. I called my girlfriend(Libby) and told her that we could no longer be together as I was going to Viet Nam and probably would not come back, so we were breaking up. (John Wayne, huh?) Well, I went and I stayed for 2 years, then reenlisted. Got out in 1973 as an 06 on the 07 list.Tried to see her after I got out, but she had forgetton about me. Went to work for an oil company. In 2000, got an email asking if I was the guy that had run off to the marines and broke her heart. I had had 2 bad marriages, and was on my second. I was in the process of getting a divorce. She had had 2 bad marriages, and was in the process of getting a divorce. To make a long story short, we got back together, and got married. I have had the most wonderful time in my life since we got married. I truly believe this woman is why I as born, and my heart has had to grow a few extra room for children since she takes up so much.
I got my wife to riding on a Softtail Springer in 2000. It was pretty neat, and had a nice peppy little TW88. She loved everything about it except for the stock leather converged brick that was on the back seat. With my superb financial skills, i purchased a Mustang Extra Wide Regal to make her comfortable. $379 spent 2 weeks before going with a 2007 Ultra Classic. Took a couple of trips, she thought she had a bladder infection - went to the doctor, had an MRI, found a football size tumor. The CA125 test showed 367, well above the 35 level that indicates ovarian cancer. In early July, have surgery, an removed a very large tumor that had over 1/3 of her bodies blood supply. Operation went well, started chemotherapy. After 5 Chemotherapy's, her CA125 number is down to 20, which is below the 35 go/no go level. One more chemo to go. Then we have to start the radiation to try and take care of the sarcoma - according to the doctor we'll need approximately 30 sessions. She's holding up well. The most important thing in my life is that she be OK. We've been told that we have a one in five chance for her to survive.What I am asking for is just one tear with your prayer for my wife because I am certain God is counting on you, just like me.
God Bless You!!!

Wow!... great love story.  As my brother JR mentioned, your story of love leads me to believe that it was God's plan for you and Libby to be together.

My wife and I have been married over 30 years... we were junior high sweet hearts.  We have had several trials in our life together - I had cancer in 1986 and my wife has had numerous health issues, including a three level fusion in her back and a five level in her neck as a result of an accident.

We could not have made it through the storms that have came along without each other.  We make each other stronger, as I am sure you and Libby do.

Through the years, my wife and I have tried it both ways.... with and without God.  We now know that our strength comes from the Lord
(Philippians 4:13  I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me)

We will pray that God will give you and Libby peace and comfort.  And, we will pray that God will give both of you together the strength and endurance to get through this.

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2008, 05:45:10 AM »

Yes to the tears, and we will say a few prayers for you and your family and circle of friends.  Much strength to all.  We pray that all the illness will be healed and you will have a long and happy life together.

Smiler

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2008, 09:00:29 AM »

I lost the love of my life 25 years ago and although married again things were never the same.  For what it's worth my piece of advice to you is to treat every day as it's your last and live your lives together with a passion and laugh.

Good luck to you both, I hope she pulls through. 

MUFFMAN

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 07 FLHTUSE2
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2008, 05:04:51 AM »

I don't post to many of these but I have to say that your story is very touching indeed. Keep the faith & we all pray for a full and speedy recovery. THE MUFFMAN

103_RK

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2008, 06:17:12 AM »

I will pray for you and your wife, God Bless.
103 RK
2003 FLHRSEI2

roadrunner

• Tennessee Squire
  • Elite CVO Member
  • "I'm gonna see a man about a dog!"

• CVO1: 2015 FLHRUSE
    • CVO2: 2004 FLHTCSE (Sold)
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2008, 07:57:12 AM »

You all are in my prayers!
2015 FLTRUSE
Clearview GP 12", Fullsac DX, 2.25 power cores with screen and TTS Tune.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2008, 08:13:25 AM »

My most heartfelt prayers to you both...thank you for sharing this...

Flyndyna
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Ultra Villa

• Full CVO Member
    • NJ

• CVO1: 14 FLHTKSE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHX
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2008, 09:23:37 AM »

My prayers are with you and your wife, God belss you both.
Live for today, for yesterday is already gone and tomorrow may never come.

alejandro

• Junior CVO Member
  • Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!

• CVO1: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Screamin' Eagle Ultra Classic
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2008, 12:04:40 PM »

YOU SAY   
 GOD SAYS   
 BIBLE VERSES   

You say:  'It's impossible'   
 God says:   All things are possible   
 (Luke 18:27)   

You say:  'I'm too tired'   
 God says:  I will give you rest   
 (Matthew 11:28-30)   

You say:  'Nobody really loves me'   
 God says:  I love you   
 (John 3:1   6 & John 3:34 )   

You say:  'I can't go on'   
 God says:  My grace is sufficient
 (II Corinthians 12:9 & Psalm 91:15)   

You say:  'I can't figure things out'   
 God says:  I will direct your steps   
 (Proverbs 3:5-   6)   

You say:  'I can't do it'   
 God says:  You can do all things   
 (Philippians 4:13)   

You say:  'I'm not able'   
 God says:  I am able   
 (II Corinthians 9:8)   

You say: 'It's not worth it'
 God says:  It will be worth it   
 (Roman 8:28 )   

You say:  'I can't forgive myself'   
 God says:  I Forgive you   
 (I John 1:9 & Romans 8:1)   

You say:  'I can't manage'   
 God says:  I will supply all your needs   
 (Philippians 4:19)   

You say:  'I'm afraid'   
 God says:  I have not given you a spirit of fear   
 (II Timothy 1:7)   

You say:  'I'm always worried and frustrated'   
 God says:  Cast all your cares on ME   
 (I Peter 5:7)   

You say:  'I'm not smart enough'   
 God says:  I give you wisdom   
 (I Corinthians 1:30)   

You say:  'I feel all alone'   
 God says:  I will never leave you or forsake you   
 (Hebrews 13:5)   

Freedom isn't free, but God's love is!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All

Page created in 0.209 seconds with 21 queries.