Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Harley Recall  (Read 37570 times)

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
Re: Harley Recall
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2009, 10:55:05 AM »

From the dealer I received back the following:

We should receive the tech service bulletin (TSB) in 7 days on the fuel tank mounts. The repair kit is to follow in a few more days.

Not much to go by, but it is in the works.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

mjb765

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE--sold
    • CVO3: 2018 FLTRXSE
« Reply #31 on: December 03, 2009, 01:12:05 PM »

as per my dealer...the repair kit is brackets that are supposed to absorb a front end impact instead of having the tank take the blow. Once again, as it was said already..if it gets hit that bad the insurance company owns the bike and you flew off it on impact anyway......

YELLOWBIRD

• Elite CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 2009 CVO ROADGLIDE
NEW RECALL ON CERTAIN 09'S & 10'S TOURING MODELS
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2009, 08:48:19 AM »

Hello to all! I have been on this site for about 1 year now. Mostly just reading, learning, & laughing a lot w/ the funny comments. First of all, I know that I haven't been to the "newbie" section to introduce myself, being this is my first post. I can say that I have learned a lot by reading & letting others pave the way for me to better my FLTRSE3. Anyway, surfing the web on another site last night, I ran across this recall. It may already been posted elsewhere, but didn't see it. By the way, you can go to the HD website, go to the "service check-up" & type in your vin # to see if you are one of the chosen ones! I did, and I am "one of the lucky ones!"

Check it out

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc. has decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists on certain model year 2009 and 2010 Touring family vehicles (including CVO touring and Trike products) built June 6, 2008 through November 19, 2009. On these vehicles, the fuel tank front mounts may distort in reaction to severe frame damage from a frontal collision. This condition may cause a fuel leak at the weld of the front bracket to the tunnel. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source may result in a fire, which could lead to injury or death of the rider.

We have voluntarily declared this a defect related to motor vehicle safety (Campaign 0141) to allow us to formally recall all affected motorcycles. The remedy is to install a left and right hand brace provided in the recall kit, between the front mounts and the frame. These braces are intended to reduce front mount distortion during the crash conditions described above. A service bulletin outlining the repair and credit procedure will follow within ten days. Based on the schedule our supplier has provided we expect to begin shipping repair kits on or before the week of December 14, 2009. Please reference the Service Bulletin for a detailed description of the defect.

04se103

Re: NEW RECALL ON CERTAIN 09'S & 10'S TOURING MODELS
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2009, 10:06:54 AM »

The Recall is Already here http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=43920.msg666298#msg666298
But Welcome to the site and still go by and Introduce your self over at the New Member Introduction

Myko

• Senior CVO Member
  • Takin' Bug Slayer Home

• CVO1: 2010 FLHXSE "BUG SLR" Spiced Rum - Yummmm!
    • CVO2: 1985 FLHTC "St Steven", RK conversion, hand paint in Naples, IT
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2009, 06:07:06 AM »

Was in for initial 1K service yesterday and my stealership has just heard about the recall and expects the brackets later next week.
~~~~~
Mike
------------------------------------------------------
2010 Spiced Rum SESG "Bug Slayer"
Fullsac X pipe & 2.0 baffles
Corbin Classic Solo w/Scarlet Flames
14" Wild1 Chubby Apehangers
Hawg Wired Double Shot
Kuryakyn Driving Lights
Clark Custom Windshield & Deflectors
Performance Machine FL Touring Mirrors (black)
Color matched saddlebag spoilers
Deflectorization
Diamond Polished Stainless Steel Engine bolt kit
---------------------------------------------------

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: fxstsse 07
    • CVO2: (non cvo) fxdl customised
    • CVO3: (custom)arlen ness 1914 flat trak replica
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2009, 08:10:02 AM »

i checked the vin on my wife`s standard 09 FLHX streetglide, she needs the recall tank mount brackets too!   DOH!

bandit

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3, TP, Saddleman Explorer
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2009, 08:23:31 AM »

Great to be a member and get all information!!!!
thank you guys  :2vrolijk_21:
It is not that we have less time, it is much time that we use wrong.

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2009, 11:28:42 AM »

Maybe the recall kit will move the tank back to fix the nasty gap between the seat and console on the '09 SERG.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 11:32:03 AM by hdfr120 »
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2009, 01:26:48 PM »

Maybe the recall kit will move the tank back to fix the nasty gap between the seat and console on the '09 SERG.

Where did you dream up that idea?,  that would be far to technically involved for moco when 2 lil $0.01 metal brackets would suffice
this is Moco in the real world man!

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »

I stopped in at the dealer today and I was greeted with, "If you're here about the recall, we don't have the repair kits in yet, but we already ordered you one.  We figured you knew about this before we did."  They haven't received the kits yet and expect them sometime in the next few weeks and then they will set up appointments.  Anyway, I wasn't there about the recall, but rather the front tire fiasco.

ice6900

• 2.5K CVO Member

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2009, 01:45:11 PM »

I stopped in at the dealer today and I was greeted with, "If you're here about the recall, we don't have the repair kits in yet, but we already ordered you one.  We figured you knew about this before we did."  They haven't received the kits yet and expect them sometime in the next few weeks and then they will set up appointments.  Anyway, I wasn't there about the recall, but rather the front tire fiasco.

i guess they know you well then  hihihi!

OhioDave

• 1K CVO Member
    • OH

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
« Reply #41 on: December 05, 2009, 03:44:51 PM »

And what did they do about the front tire...refund coming?

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #42 on: December 05, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »

From another site:

"hate to be saying this but good friend of mine is hd tech in Minnesota, if you bring your bike in for this recall and they dont have the part to fix it ,at least at this dealer they are  locking down the bike for safety and you are not allowed to remove bike from premise untill part is installed,no problem cept this dealer only has 2 recall kits available and have no idea how many more kits they will get on next order,in other words your bike may sit for long time till kit come,s in! usually in Minnesota this aint a problem cause to damn cold for most to ride anyways, but if ya plan on taking your bike for trip to florida or such you aint gonna be able to have one to take, so before you actually go to have this recall done i,d make sure the recall kit is actually in stock before you bring bike in to have the work done,they have 700 bikes on there list to do this recall and have no idea when kits will be in or at least how many kits will be in when shipment arrives,so even warm weather states i,d be checkin to make sure this kit is in before i took my bike in,i personally called another dealer here and asked and was told same thing, if bike is brought in for any kind of service they have to hold bike till this recall is done"
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2009, 08:50:58 PM »

From another site:

"hate to be saying this but good friend of mine is hd tech in Minnesota, if you bring your bike in for this recall and they dont have the part to fix it ,at least at this dealer they are  locking down the bike for safety and you are not allowed to remove bike from premise untill part is installed,no problem cept this dealer only has 2 recall kits available and have no idea how many more kits they will get on next order,in other words your bike may sit for long time till kit come,s in! usually in Minnesota this aint a problem cause to damn cold for most to ride anyways, but if ya plan on taking your bike for trip to florida or such you aint gonna be able to have one to take, so before you actually go to have this recall done i,d make sure the recall kit is actually in stock before you bring bike in to have the work done,they have 700 bikes on there list to do this recall and have no idea when kits will be in or at least how many kits will be in when shipment arrives,so even warm weather states i,d be checkin to make sure this kit is in before i took my bike in,i personally called another dealer here and asked and was told same thing, if bike is brought in for any kind of service they have to hold bike till this recall is done"

Right, I can see them trying to hold my bike.
Never happen!

SBB

As chicken little said, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling."

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2009, 08:55:45 PM »

From another site:

Sounds like they (MoCo) needs to be either making payments on a bike while it sits and/or providing a bike to ride while they have hostage of owners bike. :sauer005:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 21 queries.