Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Author Topic: It's all about Fullsac  (Read 23685 times)

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
Re: It's all about Fullsac
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2010, 09:04:49 PM »

Parts arrived today safe and sound. Product looks excellent. Installation will begin tomorrow 3/25/10.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2010, 10:24:26 PM »

Headers installed as well as screaming eagle ventilator. Headers fit perfect.
Tomorrow 10/26/10 will install the cores and flash the ECM to finish it up.

I must say, taking off that heavy bloated cat header had a certain feeling of relief and I haven't even ran the engine yet.

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2010, 10:37:33 PM »

Before flashing, be sure to save your factory map. A reminder will pop up the first time you enter the program.

Once you flash the new map in it will be too late.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 04:06:52 PM »

All parts installed except the cores. Original ECM map backed up and Fullsac map installed.

Everything fit well. However, there is a gasket that no one mentions located at the crossover pipe that runs underneath the bike. The Fullsac header is slightly smaller than the HD stock so the connection is loose without a new gasket installation even with the clamp fully tightened. Neither Fullsac or Harley parts rep mentioned the possibility of replacing that gasket. I'd advise doing so.

The front header comes very close to the rear brake assembly so be sure to pull the pipe out away from the bike as much as possible before and also hold it out while tightening the main support bolt near the rear of the right foot board.

Other than those two relatively minor points, the Fullsac gear is a breeze to install.

I just finished but unfortunately I have to leave for an appointment so a test drive will have to wait till tomorrow. But I can tell you this, the throttle response and "the animal" that I can feel and hear in this engine is quite different than before the install. She speaks with real authority.

As mentioned, I have not installed the cores yet so I'm continuing to use my HD-SE mufflers from my 2007 Road King. The difference in sound between the stock headers and cat are a world away from the X-Pipe with the same SE mufflers. It has so much more bite and sounds like what you'd expect from a Harley. There will be no doubt that a Harley is coming around the bend when you hear this Fullsac gear on a 110.

So until the maiden voyage tomorrow... stay tuned.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2010, 09:03:10 AM by jesse111 »

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2010, 08:33:56 PM »

Took her out for the test ride. Did about a hundred miles or so. Here is my opinion.

The increase in power is immediately noticeable. To be honest, I was expecting some improvement but I was not expecting this much. The power increase is just incredible. The bike runs smoother, stronger, faster in every way. Interestingly, take-offs are smoother as well. I'm not sure why that is but the power to the back wheel and all through out the drive train just seems more synergetic... seamless. The whole bike has more of a quality ride to it.

Merging on to the interstate from 50 to 90mph was like never before. The power seemed endless. No resistance, no effort. It was as if that 110 wanted to just burn up the highway. It was beautiful.

The difference is so significant that it's as if the Fullsac gear has "fixed" the bike. I am now of the opinion that the stock 110 is in a state of "broken" from the factory. Perhaps it’s necessary for emissions and so forth. But it’s a shame the factory 110 is restricted so severely from the factory. Don’t get me wrong, even stock the engine is a powerhouse. But the Fullsac kit has provided me with such a convincing performance improvement that I would not consider having a CVO without it.

The power gain to cost ratio is a no brainer. If you can do the install yourself like I did, it just doesn’t make sense not to in my humble opinion.

For all you stock engine riders, I can tell you first hand that you are missing a great deal of what your engine can do if you stay with the stock map, intake and exhaust. The power hiding in your 110 is incredible when you get the right combination of gear to bring it out. I have no doubt that other manufacturers offer very good results as well, but I chose Fullsac based on all my research. I am very pleased with the results and would do the exact same thing again.

No dyno's to post but I can tell you one thing with all confidence, the seat of the pants power improvement is spectacular.

While I went in to this project with an objective attitude, I am now a convinced proponent of Fullsac power kits.

Incidentally, I've discovered that the stock air cleaner is pitifully constructed. The way it is designed it acts like a megaphone for engine intake noise. I always wondered why that thing sounded so loud. I just figured the 110 was sucking such huge amounts of air that it was going to be something I'd have to live with. After installing the Ventilator intake, that annoying thumping drone sound is gone. I can't here it at all. The bike sounds great, runs great and I am just thrilled with the results.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 07:59:32 AM by jesse111 »

easyrider9809

• Ridin Orange
  • Full CVO Member
  • 09 CVO
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »

Glad to hear about your results !!  You had to have a huge smile with the first twist of the throttle !!.  :2vrolijk_21: Was it pretty simple to install the TTS software and download the Fullsac map ??
09 Road Glide CVO
98 Heritage

Mr. Wizard

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 FLSTFSE (Platinum)
    • CVO2: 10 FLHXSE (Teq Sun)
    • CVO3: 10 FLSTSE (Scarlet)
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »

So, Jessie... tell us how you really feel.  :2vrolijk_21:   ;D ;D

The installation of the TTS and the flashing of the map is very easy. All you need is a computer, the rest is a cake walk. Just do what it says.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2010, 11:01:22 PM »

Glad to hear about your results !!  You had to have a huge smile with the first twist of the throttle !!.  :2vrolijk_21: Was it pretty simple to install the TTS software and download the Fullsac map ??

Easyrider, yes I did have a smile on my face with that first twist and it stayed there all day. Wizard is correct. Don't let any concerns about installing the flash map hold you back. I can walk you through it if you have any trouble. Steve at Fulllsac most certainly would too. Follow the instructions closely and you'll find it only involves about 4 steps from installation on your computer to completion of download.

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2010 Street Glide
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2010, 07:43:14 PM »

All parts installed except the cores. Original ECM map backed up and Fullsac map installed.

Everything fit well. However, there is a gasket that no one mentions located at the crossover pipe that runs underneath the bike. The Fullsac header is slightly smaller than the HD stock so the connection is loose without a new gasket installation even with the clamp fully tightened. Neither Fullsac or Harley parts rep mentioned the possibility of replacing that gasket. I'd advise doing so.

The front header comes very close to the rear brake assembly so be sure to pull the pipe out away from the bike as much as possible before and also hold it out while tightening the main support bolt near the rear of the right foot board.

Other than those two relatively minor points, the Fullsac gear is a breeze to install.

I just finished but unfortunately I have to leave for an appointment so a test drive will have to wait till tomorrow. But I can tell you this, the throttle response and "the animal" that I can feel and hear in this engine is quite different than before the install. She speaks with real authority.

As mentioned, I have not installed the cores yet so I'm continuing to use my HD-SE mufflers from my 2007 Road King. The difference in sound between the stock headers and cat are a world away from the X-Pipe with the same SE mufflers. It has so much more bite and sounds like what you'd expect from a Harley. There will be no doubt that a Harley is coming around the bend when you hear this Fullsac gear on a 110.

So until the maiden voyage tomorrow... stay tuned.
Thanks for all of the excellent information on your Fullsac implementation.  Can you provide the spec on the gasket that you replaced by the crossover pipe?

Rick
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »

I have no actual specs and I didn't ask for the part number as regards the gasket but it fits inside the actual crossover piece that runs under the bike. It is the same metal fiber type construction as the header gaskets that mount at the exhaust port. The gasket is located inside the end of the crossover pipe that attaches to the Fullsac header on the right side of the bike. Not on the left. In the picture in the Harley parts book it actually looks like a small piece of pipe because the gasket is about an inch or so long.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2010, 08:12:55 PM by jesse111 »

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2010, 08:25:13 PM »

I have no actual specs and I didn't ask for the part number as regards the gasket but it fits inside the actual crossover piece that runs under the bike. It is the same metal fiber type construction as the header gaskets that mount at the exhaust port. The gasket is located inside the end of the crossover pipe that attaches to the Fullsac header on the right side of the bike. Not on the left. In the picture in the Harley parts book it actually looks like a small piece of pipe because the gasket is about an inch or so long.
Thank you, Jesse!  I will check with the Harley parts book for the gasket.  I plan to do the same implementation: X-Pipe (B), 2" core baffle and TTS.  My Harley dealer recommended the SE Pro Super tuner and a dyno after the install.  I'll try the TTS route first.  If I'm satisfied with that, forget the dyno. The 2010 Street Glide comes with an SE Ventilator, so I'm good on that one.

Rick 
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

jarica

• Junior CVO Member

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2010, 08:31:29 PM »

Took her out for the test ride. Did about a hundred miles or so. Here is my opinion.

The increase in power is immediately noticeable. To be honest, I was expecting some improvement but I was not expecting this much. The power increase is just incredible. The bike runs smoother, stronger, faster in every way. Interestingly, take-offs are smoother as well. I'm not sure why that is but the power to the back wheel and all through out the drive train just seems more synergetic... seamless. The whole bike has more of a quality ride to it.

Merging on to the interstate from 50 to 90mph was like never before. The power seemed endless. No resistance, no effort. It was as if that 110 wanted to just burn up the highway. It was beautiful.

The difference is so significant that it's as if the Fullsac gear has "fixed" the bike. I am now of the opinion that the stock 110 is in a state of "broken" from the factory. Perhaps it’s necessary for emissions and so forth. But it’s a shame the factory 110 is restricted so severely from the factory. Don’t get me wrong, even stock the engine is a powerhouse. But the Fullsac kit has provided me with such a convincing performance improvement that I would not consider having a CVO without it.

The power gain to cost ratio is a no brainer. If you can do the install yourself like I did, it just doesn’t make sense not to in my humble opinion.

For all you stock engine riders, I can tell you first hand that you are missing a great deal of what your engine can do if you stay with the stock map, intake and exhaust. The power hiding in your 110 is incredible when you get the right combination of gear to bring it out. I have no doubt that other manufacturers offer very good results as well, but I chose Fullsac based on all my research. I am very pleased with the results and would do the exact same thing again.

No dyno's to post but I can tell you one thing with all confidence, the seat of the pants power improvement is spectacular.

While I went in to this project with an objective attitude, I am now a convinced proponent of Fullsac power kits.

Incidentally, I've discovered that the stock air cleaner is pitifully constructed. The way it is designed it acts like a megaphone for engine intake noise. I always wondered why that thing sounded so loud. I just figured the 110 was sucking such huge amounts of air that it was going to be something I'd have to live with. After installing the Ventilator intake, that annoying thumping drone sound is gone. I can't here it at all. The bike sounds great, runs great and I am just thrilled with the results.
Did you keep the HD stock baffle packing when you installed the 2" Fullsac baffles? 

Rick
SE Ventilator
SE 255 Cams
Fullsac X-Pipe
Fullsac 2" Baffles
TTS Mastertune

Crusty

• 1K CVO Member
  • Ex_Wingabego Rider & former Iron Butt riding fool

• CVO1: '09 SERG
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 11:29:15 PM »

I've got the x pipe, 2" baffles, and tuner in a box in my garage... stoked to get it installed!

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2010, 11:06:55 AM »

Did you keep the HD stock baffle packing when you installed the 2" Fullsac baffles?  

Rick

Rick, I have not yet installed the baffle cores in the stock CVO mufflers. That is the one thing I have not done yet. I am using HD Screaming Eagle mufflers that I had on hand from 2007. They are working extremely well and sound surprisingly good. I will however be installing the Fullsac cores in the stock mufflers shortly and replacing the SE mufflers that are on my bike right now. I will probably try them without any packing first. If it's too loud then I will make a change.

As a side note, I don't really expect much, if any performance difference between the SE mufflers and the Fullsac cores. Both are high flow design. It may take a dyno to show a difference. But if I gain another few horse or a foot pound or two of torque well then so be it.

jesse111

• Full CVO Member
    • Jesse Phoenix
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2010, 11:26:51 AM »

Thank you, Jesse!  I will check with the Harley parts book for the gasket.  I plan to do the same implementation: X-Pipe (B), 2" core baffle and TTS.  My Harley dealer recommended the SE Pro Super tuner and a dyno after the install.  I'll try the TTS route first.  If I'm satisfied with that, forget the dyno. The 2010 Street Glide comes with an SE Ventilator, so I'm good on that one.

Rick  

It sounds to me you will be installing the same gear I did. I suppose it depends on how far a fella wants to go. If you install the Super Tuner, will you still be using the Fullsac map? If not, I would not suggest it unless Steve at Fullsac does. He would be the man to discuss that with.

As for me, I wanted to get the cat out of the way and let the engine breath and perform like it was meant to do. I have no desire to add or pay for any further modifications to get a diminished return on power. Harley dealers do a lot of recommending when it comes to their own gear but unless he could guarantee a significant increase in power I personally wouldn't mess with the Fullsac kit. Even if there was a power increase, wether or not it would run as good overall is questionable. Fullsac has tested and dynoed the stock ECM and their gear. I doubt they've done it all with the SE tuner. It could be a waste of money but I am purely speculating so I could be dead wrong about that. Steve is the source for info to contact.

On my bike, the Fullsac kit is working perfect. I feel like I've gained at least 20 hp and 20 fp of torque. I wasn't expecting that much so I'm going to leave it alone and just enjoy kicking asphalt. I want a reliable, fast, powerful bike. That is what I've got now. I'm not a gear head. I like to ride.

Look forward to hearing what you decide to do.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 12:46:56 PM by jesse111 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10  All

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 21 queries.