Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Author Topic: Quietest mufflers  (Read 30341 times)

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
Quietest mufflers
« on: September 18, 2006, 07:25:52 PM »

Okay I give up! apparently stock mufflers just don't handle mods very well.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2006, 08:45:06 PM by Framemaker »

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
Re: Quietest mufflers
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 07:36:39 PM »

True dual head pipes will make your stock mufflers sound louder so true duals may not be the answer.  A lot of fellows like the V&H Ovals with the stock headers or true duals.  S&S SPO mufflers sound like a big block Chevy..  S&S does not recommend the SPO's with true dual head pipes-at least that's what I have heard on another site a while back.  I'm in the minority running the stock Touring mufflers.  My bike had Rinehart's on it when I bought it and were too loud for me even with the not so quiet "quiet" baffles.  I don't believe there is an exhaust for me out there between almost too quiet to all together too loud.  Good luck in your search-I have given up for now.

Road_Glider

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 07:37:51 PM »

Stock headpipes with fullsac mufflers is what I did.  http://www.fullsac.com  Give them a try they are a nice sound but not too obnoxious.
*Orange and BLack '09 Road Glide w/103

hogasm

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 08:32:10 PM »

D&D has a baffle for their 2into1 pipes. It is a police baffle that is amazingly quiet. They say this baffle does not affect performance either.

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2006, 09:21:12 PM »

Thanks for the info on the D&D police baffle Hogasm. Have been around the block on the exhaust issue with same results as Framemaker, those rigs he mentions are too loud for me also. Call me a sissy-boy, but I at least want to hear some tunes and the weather band on the radio occasionally. I would love to tune my motor to the D&D Fatcats if I can have "not loud" as well. Thundermax ECM mapped for Fatcats, Redshift 575 Geardrives.... Hmmm nice and mellow.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2006, 10:46:27 PM »

I think there are a lot of us that would love a muffler some where between stock and too loud.  I've tried a bunch and will give you my thoughts.  I have a '06 CUSE with a Ness Big Sucker, V&H Dresser Duals and a Power Commander.  I tried the Freedom Cycle setup - way too loud.  I tried two different sets of Screamin Eagle Performance mufflers - both too loud and I didn't like the sound.  Next was a set of modified stock mufflers - crappy sound.  Then a set of Hookers - again, too loud. Next was a set of Rush mufflers with the new 1.50" baffles - not bad and the best so far. Not too loud but not exactly the sound I was looking for. Then I got a great deal on a set of V&H Ovals.  These are the best thus far.  Great low sound.  Maybe borderline loud but not bad.  Can still hear the radio with no problem crusin' down the highway.  My wife and my friends that have followed my buying and selling of all these mufflers agree that the Ovals are the best.  Good luck!

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2006, 10:53:14 PM »

That was excellent info.  I have heard that the V & H ovals are pretty good.  I think a club member has them, now to remember who :o).

Framemaker

ace4059

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2006, 11:37:30 PM »

I put the V&H oval slipons on my '07 SE Ultra. Look great. They are louder than stock but I can still hear the stereo while going down the  road, though you have to turn the volume up a notch or two. They do put out a good sound when you get on it, but at highway speed in top gear, they are tolerable. Definitely not as quiet as stock. Got mine for a little over $400 on the internet. Do a google search, prices vary from $400+ to $500. Shipping was free.
There are no traffic jams along the extra mile.- Roger Staubach.

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2006, 02:49:02 AM »

2004 SEEG Orange/Black
When all is said and done, there'll be more said, then done!

CLKKELLEY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2006, 10:21:36 AM »

AND REMEMBER, D & D has a new QUIET Baffle for their Fat Cat's ($40) which is what I am putting on my JESTER on 9-28-06, after which I will give you all a full report!!  D &D  told me that this baffle is 20% quieter than their normal baffle.  How it compares to the Police Unit I do not know!

Craig in Omaha
PROUD TO BE A NEW MEMBER OF THE CVO FAMILY!!  HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS IS TILL DEAD!!

ridefar

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2006, 08:20:27 PM »

Keep the feedback coming folks, I think we are on the right track here. Hope to get this all figured out in time for the '07 riding season. I'm not giving up on this season, just have to curtail spending for awhile.

cvTony

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »

SuperTrapp is advertising a performance slip-on muffler for dressers that is only 3 db louder than stock. And, they're nice looking with a variety of end caps. Check out their website. I will add that V&H basic slip-ons are too loud (my opinion) with my 103 and the V&H ovals I have heard on a friend's 95" bike are noticably quieter than mine.
2006 FLHTCUSE B/C
1993 Sportster 883/1220
1990 FLHTC Peace Officer S/E (gone and missed)
1974 XLCH 1000 (gone, thank God)

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2006, 05:59:47 PM »

The SuperTrapp SE with the end caps is the same muffler as the Screamin Eagle performance mufflers with changeable end caps.  SuperTrapp use to make them for Harley and now that Harley isn't offering them SuperTrapp is selling them.  When I was looking for something quieter I looked at these and even talked to a rep at SuperTrapp.  He said they were more than 3 db louder than stock. Think about it, if they are the same as the Screamin Eagle performance mufflers they have to be.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
  • Born to be wild - well, for a few days at least
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2006, 06:18:31 PM »

I have the V&H ovals with the V&H true duals - sound is good - not too loud, but it's there - I can hear the music at 85 no problem.  :)

BTW - could/should I wrap the removable baffles with fibreglass wadding??  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

I just received (thanks Shayne) a set of (very) low mileage S&S BIG ovals but have yet to fit them

I'm expecting similar performance but much less noise - time will tell

Did someone say S&S don't recommend true duals - WTF?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

Cheers

Dave
If you're not living on the edge - you're taking up too much room!

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2006, 06:27:50 PM »

D&D has a baffle for their 2into1 pipes. It is a police baffle that is [highlight]amazingly quiet[/highlight]. They say this baffle [highlight]does not affect performance [/highlight]either.

If that's really the case they will sell a million - buy shares NOW

Cheers

Dave

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 06:28:46 PM »

True dual head pipes will make your stock mufflers sound louder so true duals may not be the answer.

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 07:00:29 PM »

Dave,

I've also got the V&H Duals and Ovals.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2006, 06:32:33 PM by dakotazeb »

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 07:06:25 PM »

Oh they're definitely removable - there's a couple of button head allen screws on each

Remove those, tip some penetrating oil around the edge of the oval and out they come - well actually, I had to beat on them with a long stick from the pipe end but they do come out (and go back in...)

I got these muffelers pre-owned (I'm a poor Brit - Awwww  ;)) and just wondered if wrapping was an option

Cheers

Dave

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 10:12:31 PM »

Dave, I can't find where "I thought" I read on another forum about a fellow who emailed S&S and they told him they were best with the stock headers.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 01:11:06 PM by Boatman »

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2006, 12:44:24 PM »

Dave, I can't find where "I thought" I read on another forum about a fellow who emailed S&S and they told him they were best with the stock headers.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

• CVO1: 2004 SEEG
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2006, 03:43:31 PM »

Bumping this back up... any more comments?  I don't like the SE slip-ons that I am running now... at 2,300 and up they have a 'bark' that's not pleasant.  
I like what's been said about the V&H Ovals.
Don't know that I'd put on the dual pipes or just use slip-ons with stock rear 'y'.  Any feelings one way or t'other? :-/

See on the V&H site that the duals come with mounts for factory O2 sensors. That might be a plus if I ever decided to go with Tmax, wouldn't it?  [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2006, 07:07:46 PM »

OKAY!!!!

Here's a recap of the events since I started this thread.

Put on the Fulsac true duals and SE air kit.  The idle became very rough.
Installed the PCIII and tried several maps.  Had the bike dyno'd with the PCIII and still could not get the idle to settle. Removed the PCIII, because I didn't like the extra cranking the PCIII slow processor caused.
Took it to Harley.  They said I had an intake leak from the breather bolts that hold the backing plate of the air kit in place.  This they said caused the plugs to foul.  I explained that the idle problem started immediately after the duals were installed and before the air kit so that may have made the problem worse but not the initial cause.  I wanted the idle increased and the bike remapped.  It was like butting heads with them but I finally prevailed.  They increased the idle and decided that with the SE ECU, I didn't need a remap when keeping the stock mufflers.  

The bike now runs extremely well.  I have a little shaking at idle but not enough to be uncomfortable, and the tech at HD said the bike is performing very well.  Of course everyone has their own opinion on how it should be. He said that a stroker engine won't idle perfectly.  I think if I decide to go RACE TUNER it would straighten out even more, but for now, I'm satisfied.  One of the most important issues of this whole thing, is that I can keep the true duals and not have the blast furnace on the right side.
One last thing, the V&H ovals sound good, but I have heard of problems with the baffle welds breaking from more than one source.

Thanks for all of you opinions and advice, Framemaker.

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2006, 03:46:31 PM »

Framemaker, thanks for starting the thread, and your information. Interesting about the V&H baffle problems; I was thinking about getting used slip-ons off of Ebay, but that may not be a good idea. :(
I have the race tuner, but haven't had a good dyno yet. Still holding out hope.
I'm not discarding the idea of 2-1, maybe D&D. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]
CLKKelley said:
D & D has a new QUIET Baffle for their Fat Cat's ($40) which is what I am putting on my JESTER on 9-28-06, after which I will give you all a full report!!  D &D  told me that this baffle is 20% quieter than their normal baffle.  How it compares to the Police Unit I do not know!
So, how's it sound, Craig?

Ideally, I'd like a deep, mellow sound, no bark, especially cruising at 3,000 rpm (don't we all). :)
Garz
Ness Big Sucker, SuperTrapp 2:1, SERT, Dyno by Cycle-Rama = 107 hp, 108.5 tq. And that's all I need. Oh, wait... a working radio would be nice.

CLKKELLEY

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2006, 04:13:16 PM »

GARZ,

I am STILL waiting for the new D & D's to arrive from Steve @ Automotive Machine in Texas!

D & D had a problem with their oxygen sensor location on their initial run, and had to go back to the drawing board and do some work on their jig, or so I am told.  

Steve is supposed to call me back TODAY or TOMORROW with a newly-scheduled ship time on the Fat Cats with the new Quiet Baffle.

I can't WAIT to get them on my WAY-TOO-QUIET Jester, and report back to all of you GREAT people on sound quality AND performance characteristics!!  

Craig
PROUD TO BE A NEW MEMBER OF THE CVO FAMILY!!  HE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS IS TILL DEAD!!

skreminegul07

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • MA

• CVO1: 2017 Indian Chieftain Limited
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2006, 07:21:01 PM »

The only part of the 07SERK that needs to go is/are the mufflers.  On my 04 RKC I did the Rineharts, Power Commander and a DR. Dyno tune.  I just could not stand the decel popping, I mean it was horrible after the dyno tune.  Apparently perfectly tuned is not what I want.  I want a good harley rumble without the snap, crackle and pop as I call it.  
Those of you that have made changes:  I would like to put on the V&H Ovals without any other changes.  If the stock air filter is not that free flowing, then maybe the pipes won't be affecting the A/F mixture enought to warrant a Race tuner or other foreign devices.  I want to Keep it Simple.  I put on a set of Race Only SE mufflers, that I had, temporarliy but they pop a lot. I am going to check the plugs to see how it is running without any mods.  I believe that I have read somewhere that the O2 sensors though narrow band, can compensate for minor mods.
This site is great, keep up the good work, and being a newbie, feel free to correct me.
Any day on the bike is a good day.

harleyteam

• 1K CVO Member
  • RED BIKES RULE

• CVO1: 07 SERK - Razor Red
    • CVO2: 90 Heritage Classic (non cvo)
    • CVO3: 75 XLCH (non cvo)
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2006, 10:54:07 PM »

check this out from the picture thread

http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1160343360

HA, HA, HA,  ,,,,, I LIKE IT !!!!!!!

life member - National HOG - NRA - NY Abate
member -CVOHarley - Nia. Falls Chapter HOG
              Red Knights NY21 - PGR

killjoy

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 09:34:28 AM »

...I need to know the quietest after market muffler out their ...Rhineharts are way too loud!!
"... When all is said & done, more will be said than done."

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2006, 02:25:06 PM »

Continuing the thread:
Yesterday I got to test drive a new 06 RG 88" with SE a/c, SERT and S&S SPO slip-ons.
Conclusion: Weird looking, like they came off a Gold Wing, but I like the sound.
Idle sounds good; deep, no bark. Hard accelleration produced sound, kind of a roar, but no bark or raspyness.  They didn't want me to go on the hiway (bike only had 28 miles on it) but I played enough on the surface streets to believe that they will be real nice for cruising. Couldn't get them to 'bark' or get irritating to me (as the rider).
All-in-all, pretty quiet.  People hangin' around the front of the store all liked the sound. Said they heard me get on it as I left the parking lot, louder than a stock muffler.

I'm betting they'll be a little louder on the 103" than on that 88", which ought to make them perfect.
Thinking seriously about pulling the trigger on them, using the stock head pipes. Then have it Dyno tuned.  
Spent party-time this weekend with a guy that does dyno tuning, and he said of the 3 or 4 sets he's installed and tuned, everyone has liked them. . . You just have to get past the look :-/
Wife thinks they's look better with the ends black... I think so, too. Gimme a can of BBQ spray paint.  
The bike they have them on is darker blue (with flames), so I don't think those big things would be noticed quite as much on my pumpkin (the cool pumpkin color catches the eye ;).)

...OK, OK, I'm tryin' to convince meself to spend that money.  (Then I'll have a set of SE Pros for sale [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif])

Garz

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2006, 07:07:33 PM »

Tried to find S&S website but only came up with the car headers. Do you have the motorcycle site?
Also what is SERT.

Thanks, Framemaker

SEULTRA

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's all about riding ...
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2006, 07:13:05 PM »

Tried to find S&S website but only came up with the car headers. Do you have the motorcycle site?
Also what is SERT.

Thanks, Framemaker

S&S: http://www.sscycle.com/
SERT: Screaming Eagle Race Tuner - a device that interfaces with your ECM to allow for adjustments to many aspects of your engine (ie: air/fuel mixture)

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2006, 07:25:27 PM »

Thanks for the info.
I know what a race tuner is, just haven't seen it refered to as an SERT.

Framemaker

BAKRDS

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2006, 04:23:47 PM »

Garz,
   Let us know if you try those SPO mufflers.Saw a bike with them on a while ago but ran out of time waiting for the guy so I could hear them.Would really like to see a dyno printout with them & redshift 575s & a PC.
            Jim
'10 SESG
 '65 FLH

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2006, 08:12:31 PM »

Also what is SERT.

Thanks, Framemaker

Here's the page on the product itself from the mftr's website.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2006, 08:14:20 PM »

They are a little funky looking.  Sort of like the V&H Ovals in general shape but it looks like these would be staggered outboard.  Whomever it was that saw them mounted on a bike; do they look centered under the saddlebags when they're mounted?

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2006, 08:52:23 PM »

They are a little funky looking.
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2006, 09:12:18 PM »

Thanks D00d.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 09:17:04 PM by twolanerider »

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »

Ask and you shall receive...

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]

Not sure hanging so far outboard is a good thing. Gotta think they're draggin when you're heeled over. Nasty habits rear view.
http://flhrsei.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=16136

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2006, 09:43:34 PM »

Not sure hanging so far outboard is a good thing. Gotta think they're draggin when you're heeled over. Nasty habits rear view.
http://flhrsei.org/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=16136
Not the same mufflers/pipes (but close), and I doubt you can get anymore "heeled" over then this...

Thanks FR8TN for the use of your pic. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

[smiley=pumpkin.gif]
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 [smiley=fireman.gif]
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2006, 03:56:57 PM »

Garz,
   Let us know if you try those SPO mufflers.Saw a bike with them on a while ago but ran out of time waiting for the guy so I could hear them.Would really like to see a dyno printout with them & redshift 575s & a PC.
            Jim
Sorry for the late reply, been outa town.  
Final answer: Decided not to get the SPO, even though I liked the sound on the test bike I rode :(.  
Reason: Spent 3 days at FL State HOG rally last week watching pipes on 6 bike drill teams and Jerry 'Motorman' Palladino.  
Conclusion: I fear the pumpkin ('04 stock suspension) would be too low for the SPO, dang it.

One drill team member was happy with his, and had no problem dragging, but his bike was standard height Ultra.  I watched him and even on his bike the muffler came pretty close to the ground.

So, now considering SuperTrapp, and tuning the discs on the dyno for quitest sound possible.
Stay 'tuned'.

Garz

jfh

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRSE3
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2006, 04:47:18 PM »

I have been told that the RB Racing LSR Blackhole 2:1 is a very quiet performance exhaust system.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2006, 05:00:58 PM by hdfr120 »
Hammer - CVO Member #641

2009 FLTRSE3: Axtell jugs, JE forged flat top pistons, S&S 585 cams, SE 58mm TB, Dewey's Pro-Street porting, SE cam plate, Zipper's tapered pushrods, Cat-less, 2" Fullsac, TTS, Twin Jagg oil coolers, AK-20, 13" Works Black Trackers w/ARS, Clearview, Hawg Wired, Yaffe Monkey Bars, Danny Gray Big Seat

Scooterhair

• Senior CVO Member
  • DSP Member # 637.3
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2006, 11:56:47 PM »

OK, here is my two cents.

I've been jack-in with crap for some time and as far as twin cam, injected, 1550 goes the stock  Y head pipes with a good set of mufflers are the overall best way to go. The older SE, V&H ovals and  kerkers are the best muffler option.

Just ask a GOOD tuner.

I did, then said I could do better.

Well I could not do it.

I'm going back to the Y, and a custom map.

P.S.  Give me a carb, 80" evo and a few more extras and I will run you down.

Good luck,

Scooter
2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
2008 1500 RAM 4x4
2001 Blue FLTRSEI2
2003 Neosho trailer painted to match bike
1999 Blue Ness custom ( SOLD )
1997 Black & Champagne Wide Glide (The Wife's)
Big Ass 21' Dodge 3500

nidan

• 1K CVO Member
  • Keep the breeze between your knees

• CVO1: 02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2006, 08:06:20 AM »

Something worth considering...

I was just on the V&H site and they have a new rev of the Pro-Pipe 2 int 1 called the BP  (100% blue proof)  new and improved with the addition of blue-proof technology over the entire pipe.   2-1/8" header and collector heat shields, and full coverage megaphone heat shield.  Includes mounts for factory O2 Sensors. and is available with Quiet Baffles , it won't be out till April .  MSRP $650

CVO -'02 FWDWG3 Stage IV 95 -sold
'07 FLHX Stage II 103 95hp/111lbs ft
'09 FJR 1300- 145hp /99 lbs ft
2011 Mustang GT 412hp/390 lbs ft

Garznhogs

• Elite CVO Member
  • $$$ heals all

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2006, 08:08:29 PM »

Got Supertrapp 2:1 on order. Then off to the dyno for the 4th time. (They promise to get it right this time) Hasn't cost me anything for dyno #2 and #3, and #4 will be n/c. All because they haven't addressed the driveablility issue at 2% throttle. Otherwise, gettin' on it, it runs like crazy!  I've been listening to lots o' pipes and Supertrapp sounds like what I want. If it isn't... well [smiley=wall.gif]
Garz

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2006, 10:42:21 AM »

Garz,

Supertrap will deliver reasonable numbers, and run fairly quietly for you.  
Also how went the ECM issues ?

Kerkers slip ons sound good if you want low sound, but cant sell them as a performance or better performance muffler.   They are a muffler that is quieter than most, thats it.   Decent chrome and not super expensive.

If VH does release a pipe that no longer blues they may save some of their customers, but many are moving over to rinehart the sales on those 2 into 1's and D&D are both up, I think its mostly due to customer service or the lack of by VH on the blueing of the muffler on the 2 into 1.
Obviously they knwo there is a problem if they come up with a solution, just sucks they wouldnt warranty the mufflers for those with the problem.

Based on their customer service personally I would rather buy something else than give them more money.   Not saying I wouldnt if they came out with something I jsut had to have, but at that point its buyer is already aware vs. buyer beware.

Its the 2 into 1 or Y pipe yielding the back pressure and power if you were to swap mufflers to say most others you will find that they out perform the kerkers, such as Bassani muffler, rinehart, thunderheader, VH, Sampson, D&D, Hooker and the old white brothers (EoL).  I have owned all but the bassani muffler listed and while I like sound I generally have gone after the power.

I am interested in hearing more about the D&D peace officer slip-ons if anyone tries them.

-harry
HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #44 on: November 18, 2006, 07:21:24 PM »

I did something today that I wouldn't recommend, but I am super happy. I've been chasing that elusive sound that I was looking for:  Harley sound, but not bothersome on the road. Just gave up on the Fat Cat. Too loud and burned my leg a couple of times. So, I went back to my favorite set up of V&H true duals w/classic V&H turndown mufflers. This set up is perfect except it's a little loud on trips. Kinda echoes in my Full Face helmet.  I had set of Bassanni mufflers on my shelf. They're 4" just like the V&H, so I thought about swapping baffles. Well I couldn't just swap baffles, but I did cut and add  (sheet metal screws) about 12" of the Bassanni baffle to the V&H baffle which is only about 6" long.  Used some of the packing from the Bassanni on the extension and WOW, it's perfect. Just a deep rumble that almost dissapears on the highway.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2006, 07:54:40 PM »

When you find something that works for you it's very cool.  I'm curious how long those sheet metal screws will last before they let go?  You'll probably have to change them periodically.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2006, 08:19:43 PM »

Elvis has Reinhart True-duals and I love the sound of them, but I wanted to keep Los Dragon legal ( or close) so I bought a set of Screamin Eagle slip ons from Chicago H-D ( H-D doesn't sell these anymore and you can't find then anywhere in California) PN 65115-98B. The techs at San Diego H-D that don't have aftermarket systems all use these mufflers. They sound real nice. Got that Harley rumble without being too loud. Gotta be a reason why the guys that work on bikes all pick this muffler.

And yes I understand that Hooker is better, that Reinhart is better (I have a set- remember) that Vance and Hines is better, that Basani is better etc etc etc ad nasuem. This thread is about getting the H-D rumble and not losing your license or hearing. I'm going this route so I don't get jacked up by a Smokey in the 49 on the mainland.

B B

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2006, 10:31:11 PM »

Thats not fair Brian,   I said Sampson hehe.   When I was commenting about those if you go back up you will see I was comparing results of the slip ons against the Kerker, not to rub the fact that you have to have slip-ons on your new ride, no matter how much you expect me to :)   I understand at your age your just complying to the law and that tough outter exterior just melts when faced with EPA Restrictions hehehe....      All kidding a side those slip ons aren't bad at all I just cant see how you handle the heat from that cross over pipe.... Your a big guy like me and it was driving me nutz.   I thought those were made by VH anyhow just a tiny bit tamer than theirs.

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2006, 11:15:58 PM »

Thats not fair Brian,

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

« Reply #49 on: November 19, 2006, 12:12:19 AM »

Brian,

Hahaha thanks Brian you made me laugh.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 12:38:48 AM by Unbalanced »

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2006, 04:15:45 PM »

Hey Harry

« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 05:30:01 PM by SPIDERMAN »

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2006, 07:06:55 AM »

When you find something that works for you it's very cool.

BK

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2006, 02:06:59 PM »

a $1.00 pair of ear plugs thats the ticket.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:09:09 PM by BK »

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #747.2 It's all good

• CVO1: '11 FLTRUSE Gray Ghost
    • CVO2: '12 FLHXSE3 Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:51 PM »

I had the opportunity to listen to a bike with the Rinehart true duals, and one with the V&H duals and oval slippons, at my dealer before I made the decision on what to put on my 07 SEUC.   I really liked the sounds of both mufflers, but the V&H ovals just sounded a little more "Harley" to me then the Rineharts.  The Rineharts were just a tad louder than the ovals too.   I have the standard baffles in my ovals and I can hear the radio fine at 75 mph.  V&H also makes a "quiet baffle" as an option for the ovals, so that might be something you want to considers.   Supposedly, the ovals with the standard baffles measure 98 db at three feet distance/half throttle, where the Rineharts are 103 db measure three feet directly behind the bike at half throttle.  Like I said they are a tad louder.  The V&H quiet baffles are supposed to drop the noise down to 93-94 db using the same measuring technique.  My understanding is the "stock" CVO mufflers are 88 db.    Quite a few muffler manufacturers are starting to come out with "quiet" baffle options now.

Red

2012 FLHXSE3
Hot Citrus/Antique Gunstock

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2006, 09:22:30 AM »

Great info on the mufflers RedDevil ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I know listening to the different exhausts is best but otherwise it's nice to see data side by side to help choose a system. 8-)

Do you have the same data for the S&S SPO mufflers?

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2006, 09:53:20 AM »

Great info on the mufflers RedDevil ! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

I know listening to the different exhausts is best but otherwise it's nice to see data side by side to help choose a system. 8-)

Do you have the same data for the S&S SPO mufflers?

Unfortunately the test data that I found didn't include the S&S SPO mufflers.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 09:58:21 AM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

NWbiker

• Full CVO Member
    • OR

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2006, 04:44:59 PM »

Well after reading the posts here and listening to a friend that has the Rinehart exhaust on his bike I just ordered a set of the Vance & Hines ovals for my 07SE Ultra.  I know that the V&H pipes are very good quality and I like the inner pipe.  My old Ultra had a set of the original louder SE mufflers and while the sound was a bit obnoxious (sharp crack) they did discolor on me.
One thing that concerns me is the stock pipes are 41/2 inch yet the after market pipes are all 31/2 inch.  Does this really matter a whole bunch?
2014 CVO Ultra Limited
2003 Heritage Springer Classic

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2006, 10:06:45 PM »

Well after reading the posts here and listening to a friend that has the Rinehart exhaust on his bike I just ordered a set of the Vance & Hines ovals for my 07SE Ultra.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 10:07:57 PM by RedDevil »

2012 FLHXSE3

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2006, 10:18:51 PM »

Well after reading the posts here and listening to a friend that has the Rinehart exhaust on his bike I just ordered a set of the Vance & Hines ovals for my 07SE Ultra.
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

• CVO1: 2010 Burnt Amber/Citrus
    • CVO2: 2005 SEEG Two Tone Red
    • CVO3: 2000 SERG BWO
« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2007, 12:19:16 PM »

Has anyone tried the SE Performance Touring Mufflers, 64985-07?  The book says they will not work on 07 SERK or UCSE.  Anyone know why?  Would they not work if you installed a high flow and a SERT, PC, etc?

I like the look of the 4 inch mufflers on my Ultra, but the sound is not there.  I would like to keep the 4 inch look and get a little more sound.

I have Rineharts on my SEEG and they are fine, but I want something a little quieter for the Ultra.

Thanks,

john
"The past is a place to be remembered, but not a place to dwell"

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

• CVO1: 2007 B&O FLHTCUSE2
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2007, 06:49:54 PM »

Sorry to jack this one up again, but I been thinkin' (all I can do 'til the B&O gets here).  Someone in this thread indicated that true duals will make any pipes somewhat louder.  I'm thinking about going to the V&H true duals (thanks Howie - more $$), but keeping the stock SE Touring mufflers that come on the CUSE2.  Anyone gone down this path as yet? I want the HD sound, but without the loud bark on the highway.  Any tuning issues with this arrangement?
TIA,
Tony

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2007, 06:57:30 PM »

Sorry to jack this one up again, but I been thinkin' (all I can do 'til the B&O gets here).  Someone in this thread indicated that true duals will make any pipes somewhat louder.  I'm thinking about going to the V&H true duals (thanks Howie - more $$), but keeping the stock SE Touring mufflers that come on the CUSE2.  Anyone gone down this path as yet? I want the HD sound, but without the loud bark on the highway.  Any tuning issues with this arrangement?
TIA,
Tony

I tried it, but didn't like it. They are so restrictive, you could hear the breather trying to suck air. In my search for quiet, I just bought some Supertrapp megaphone disk slip ons. With all twelve discs in, they are still very quiet at anything other than full acceleration. Just a nice deep sound, no popping, grumnbling, or decel sounds between shifts.

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2007, 07:16:01 PM »

TC, I had a  conversation with my sales guy this afternoon about doing that very thing.  I was going to try the V&H duals with SE muffler for 07, the one the book says will not work on our bikes.  Read somewhere that they are only a couple of db's louder than stock.  My sales guy says they are a waste of money.  So in the name of saving some dollars I am going to do the duals with the stock mufflers and see what it sounds like.  Based on my history with the 05, this will probably not be where I end up.  If I did not like the way the stock mufflers look the decision would be easy.  Some kind of V&H slip and be done with it.  But that is too easy.

I am kind of intrigued with the Fulsac conversion the GCSuper did.  But I believe that he had stated they were too loud.  I had done the Kerker conversion on the 05, both different baffle set ups that were mentioned on this site two years ago.  Did not like either one of them.  The 12 inch was way too loud and the 18 inch had popping sound to it that I could not get by.

john

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #63 on: February 23, 2007, 07:51:54 PM »

All I hear is everyone asking for the SPO's in this thread! Learn to love 'em! ;) Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

johnnymap

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE5

« Reply #64 on: February 23, 2007, 07:58:24 PM »

Sound great.  Look like chit, IMHO.

john

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #65 on: February 23, 2007, 08:00:30 PM »

All I hear is everyone asking for the SPO's in this thread! Learn to love 'em! ;) Hoist! 8)
Howie,
Should I have expected anything less from your corner :nixweiss:?  I'm thinking that's probably where I'll land at some point, but remember I'm "getting older" and don't hear so good anymore ;D, so want to try some options along the way.
Thanks John and GCSuper,
Tony

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #66 on: February 23, 2007, 08:12:06 PM »

Sound great.  Look like chit, IMHO.

john

John you hit it right on the head. Nothin' better than spending $30K on a bike and putting hi performance ugly chit on it. One mans junk is another man's treasure! There's plenty of beauty in all the ugliness, especially when it annoys others that can't see how you could do that to such a "lovely" motorcycle! And if you want everybody's approval, buy the Rineharts! ;) Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #67 on: February 23, 2007, 09:13:20 PM »

TIA,
Tony
Tony,
You can take this for what it's worth, but if you want the HD sound, don't stick with the stock SEUC mufflers.  They don't sound "HD", they sound Japaneese.  I've never heard an HD sound so "tinny" until I heard the stock mufflers.  The stock FLHTCU mufflers on the 96ci engine sound better than the CVO stock pipes.  I am so glad I got rid of those stock mufflers.  JMHO ...
Cheers :2vrolijk_21:,
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #68 on: February 23, 2007, 09:39:11 PM »

Tony,
You can take this for what it's worth, but if you want the HD sound, don't stick with the stock SEUC mufflers.  They don't sound "HD", they sound Japaneese.  I've never heard an HD sound so "tinny" until I heard the stock mufflers.  The stock FLHTCU mufflers on the 96ci engine sound better than the CVO stock pipes.  I am so glad I got rid of those stock mufflers.  JMHO ...
Red

Tony, ditto Red! ;) Hoist! 8)

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #69 on: February 23, 2007, 09:58:21 PM »

Tony, ditto Red! ;) Hoist! 8)
I think I get it guys :).  Now just have to decide which way to go.
Thanks for all the input guys!
Tony

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2007, 08:36:20 AM »

TC, I had a  conversation with my sales guy this afternoon about doing that very thing.  I was going to try the V&H duals with SE muffler for 07, the one the book says will not work on our bikes.  Read somewhere that they are only a couple of db's louder than stock.  My sales guy says they are a waste of money.  So in the name of saving some dollars I am going to do the duals with the stock mufflers and see what it sounds like.  Based on my history with the 05, this will probably not be where I end up.  If I did not like the way the stock mufflers look the decision would be easy.  Some kind of V&H slip and be done with it.  But that is too easy.

I am kind of intrigued with the Fulsac conversion the GCSuper did.  But I believe that he had stated they were too loud.  I had done the Kerker conversion on the 05, both different baffle set ups that were mentioned on this site two years ago.  Did not like either one of them.  The 12 inch was way too loud and the 18 inch had popping sound to it that I could not get by.

john

Yea, I was a little dissapointed. The sound is great, and the looks great also, but I guess I'm just getting old. Plus the full face helmet that I now wear changes the sound of mufflers drastically. I'm very happy with the Supertrapps sound wise, just wish they looked like the FC conversion.

Robert

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2007, 11:18:21 AM »

Okay I give up! apparently stock mufflers just don't handle mods very well.

Why not just leave the stock mufflers on? I dont understand you want quieter? There aint quieter than stock!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

UglyJohn

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2007, 11:31:11 AM »

I left the stock SE muffs on for I like the quietness of them. Most of the brothers that I ride with have the more quieter muffs now since our goal is to run the tires off the bikes and stealth through any town.  8) We don't like to be noticed if you know what I mean. Also, most of us are part deaf anyway from the years of having loud pipes, such as me. However, just to let you know, you can still have some performance with the stock pipes, not on top, but respectful. Mine just got dynoed with SE muffs, SE A/C and SERT and I'm told that the bike has 94hp with 104 pounds of torque. I haven't had the chance to actually pick up the dyno sheet yet, but that's from the tech yesterday and they have always been straight up with me.
Ugly John
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

woody

• Senior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #73 on: February 25, 2007, 10:22:33 AM »

Tony,
Red

I agree, the stock 110 CVO mufflers have a strange sound to them. Just don't like. :nixweiss:
WOODY

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #74 on: February 25, 2007, 06:41:17 PM »

Why not just leave the stock mufflers on? I dont understand you want quieter? There aint quieter than stock!
CVOwner,
What I'm looking for is improved performance, less heat, but without obnoxious exhaust bark.  I'm concerned the stock SE Touring mufflers won't give me all three.  They certainly are quiet, but less heat and performance - I'm not so sure.
I appreciate everyone's input.
Tony

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #75 on: February 26, 2007, 10:46:41 AM »

Okay.  One last question  ;).  Anyone have any experience with the D&D Police Interceptor slip-ons?  Their pitch is they have a "special" noise reducing baffle that doesn't rob power...
I'm still looking for that "perfect" exhaust.
TIA,
Tony

CVOwner

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #76 on: February 26, 2007, 11:02:24 AM »

CVOwner,
What I'm looking for is improved performance, less heat, but without obnoxious exhaust bark.  I'm concerned the stock SE Touring mufflers won't give me all three.  They certainly are quiet, but less heat and performance - I'm not so sure.
I appreciate everyone's input.
Tony

Well, I have the freedoms. Now, when you stomp on it, it barks! Performance is really good with these pipes, or, it has been for me. But normal riding, I cant even hear'em. Many people have told me how much they like the sound, not loud, I dont like loud for no reason. Like the guys at the light crackin the throttle to try and get people to look at them. But, then again, I am a little deaf too!
2004 SEEG Orange/Black

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #77 on: February 26, 2007, 12:36:42 PM »

Okay.  One last question  ;).  Anyone have any experience with the D&D Police Interceptor slip-ons?  Their pitch is they have a "special" noise reducing baffle that doesn't rob power...
TIA,
Tony

The only things I can tell you is:

Like the SPO's, they are stainless.  Not too flashy, but they were actually made for police bikes, so sound/performance were more important than looks.

Heard a police bike the other day with them on it. It was OK, pretty similar to the HD touring muffs, but knowing D&D, I'm certain the performance is better than anything HD.

Take a look at the Supertrapp stuff.  Either the megaphone or internal disc set-up. Supertrapps have always been know for quiet power.

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #78 on: February 26, 2007, 12:56:02 PM »

TIA,
Tony
Tony,
Those look more like the SE Slash-down mufflers and may be more what you're looking for.  Wonder if you can get a sound clip from them?  :nixweiss:
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #79 on: February 26, 2007, 02:13:03 PM »

Tony,
Those look more like the SE Slash-down mufflers and may be more what you're looking for.  Wonder if you can get a sound clip from them?  :nixweiss:
Red
Thanks, Red.  I emailed them requesting exactly that.  I know the motor cops up here in Prince William use Kerkers.  A bit too "tin can" sounding to me.  Guess I'll keep fishing for awhile.  I'll be seeing Howie hopefully in York and will get a chance to hear/see his SPOs.  I've pretty much decided at this point to break it in stock with the exception of the A/C and a SERT and go from there.
Tony

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #80 on: February 26, 2007, 02:52:54 PM »

Thanks, Red.  I emailed them requesting exactly that.  I know the motor cops up here in Prince William use Kerkers.  A bit too "tin can" sounding to me.  Guess I'll keep fishing for awhile.  I'll be seeing Howie hopefully in York and will get a chance to hear/see his SPOs.  I've pretty much decided at this point to break it in stock with the exception of the A/C and a SERT and go from there.
Tony
I hear ya Tony.  It's a tough choice.  There aren't very many real quite aftermarket pipes out there.  I believe some of the DC cops use the D&D's (or something very similar) and they are definitely quieter than their fat cats, but I wouldn't exactly call them quiet, especially when they get on them.  Like I said in another thread, I got a chance to hear the S&S's and they are quieter than my V&H Ovals, but louder than stock.  I personally didn't care for the sound or the looks, but that's just me.  Obviously, I like oval mufflers though.  ;)  I'm very happy with the sound of the V&H Ovals, they're, at least in my book, not too loud I can keep them relatively quiet when going through the neighborhood at 5:15 in the morning, but will bark if I get on them.  I know you had/have the ovals, so you are looking for something even quieter...that will be tough.  :-\
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #81 on: February 26, 2007, 03:00:24 PM »

Has anyone had an opportunity to listen to the Rineharts with the 2" baffle instead of the standard 2 1/4"?  I haven't, and was just wondering how much quieter they are.  That be worth checking into.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #82 on: February 26, 2007, 03:06:55 PM »

I hear ya Tony.  It's a tough choice.  There aren't very many real quite aftermarket pipes out there.  I believe some of the DC cops use the D&D's (or something very similar) and they are definitely quieter than their fat cats, but I wouldn't exactly call them quiet, especially when they get on them.  Like I said in another thread, I got a chance to hear the S&S's and they are quieter than my V&H Ovals, but louder than stock.  I personally didn't care for the sound or the looks, but that's just me.  Obviously, I like oval mufflers though.  ;)  I'm very happy with the sound of the V&H Ovals, they're, at least in my book, not too loud I can keep them relatively quiet when going through the neighborhood at 5:15 in the morning, but will bark if I get on them.  I know you had/have the ovals, so you are looking for something even quieter...that will be tough.  :-\
Red

Tony, this is a correct statement except, I happen to like the sound. They are definitely the loudest I wanted, but not too loud for me. Basically, I'm saying the volume is perfect. I like the tone also. Some might not. They are definitely big and heavy. They also seem like they'll last forever. I don't know how to describe them any better. But you'll get to see and hear them in York! ;) Hoist! 8)

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2007, 03:21:21 PM »

Tony, this is a correct statement except, I happen to like the sound. They are definitely the loudest I wanted, but not too loud for me. Basically, I'm saying the volume is perfect. I like the tone also. Some might not. They are definitely big and heavy. They also seem like they'll last forever. I don't know how to describe them any better. But you'll get to see and hear them in York! ;) Hoist! 8)
Thanks, guys.  Maybe I should just start a home for wayward, cast-off Harley exhaust systems - send me your tired, your troubled Fat Cats, SPOs and I will wash them, care for them, and "try them out"...
The next time you guys are out and see some idiot running around with a recording device behind Harleys, it'll probably be me ;).
Thanks again,
Tony

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2007, 03:24:29 PM »

Thanks, guys.  Maybe I should just start a home for wayward, cast-off Harley exhaust systems - send me your tired, your troubled Fat Cats, SPOs and I will wash them, care for them, and "try them out"...
The next time you guys are out and see some idiot running around with a recording device behind Harleys, it'll probably be me ;).
Thanks again,
Tony
Hmmmmm, maybe you can put an S&S on one side and a V&H on the other and you'll get the perfect "tweener" sound.... :D   Might look a little bizare though.... ;)
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #85 on: February 26, 2007, 03:30:13 PM »

Hmmmmm, maybe you can put an S&S on one side and a V&H on the other and you'll get the perfect "tweener" sound.... :D   Might look a little bizare though.... ;)
Red
Just imagine the tuning headache that would be. :nervous:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

RedDevil

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2007, 03:37:11 PM »

Just imagine the tuning headache that would be. :nervous:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
d00d, you got that right...forget AFR, just trying to get the jugs to balance out.... ;D
Red

2012 FLHXSE3

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2007, 06:46:39 PM »

Has anyone had an opportunity to listen to the Rineharts with the 2" baffle instead of the standard 2 1/4"?  I haven't, and was just wondering how much quieter they are.  That be worth checking into.

Been there, done that. It was on a different bike, but it's really a joke to call the 2" baffle quiet. I really couldn't tell any difference. Even tried packing. Not much change in sound.  If mufflers/exhaust systems were like women, I'd be in Wilt Chamberlin's company.  ;D  Lots of notches on my muffler bedpost.   :P  Got three sets on the shelf now I need to sell, trade, or trash.

hwyfever

• Full CVO Member
  • Stopped Living Vicariously

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2007, 02:13:30 PM »

My results are the same as yours Super...  I got sucked into buying the quieter 2" baffle...  Not even a little change in sound...  Now I am considering the SPO mufflers and am resisiting because I am running out of storage space to put all the exhaust systems I've "tested"...   By the way, did we ever decide which was better to install SPO onto stock HD headers or TDs???  Also, I wonder if the exhaust mfg ever visit these sites to see how much interest there is for a quieter perfomance exhaust system?
HD Hyd Cam Plate Conversion, Zippers Red Shift 575, SE Adjustable Push Rods
SE Race Tuner, Zippers Highflow Air Cleaner, S&S True Duals, Bub Stealth 7,
Progressive Monotube Cartridge Forks, Progressive 940 shocks

What I fear most when I die is my wife selling my stuff for what I told her I paid for it.

VaEagle

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • VA

• CVO1: 06 FLHTCUSE Autumn Haze -SOLD
    • CVO2: 09 FLTRSE3 Orange- sold
    • CVO3: Who knows what?
« Reply #89 on: February 28, 2007, 02:27:58 PM »

hi hwyfever,
I did lot's of research before I decided on my SPOs. I contacted both S&S and Vance&Hines and got email from their techs about which way to go.(Take a look at my thread about headpipe survey)
Both companies told me that if I wanted to have the best low and mid range torque that I should keep the stock headpipes. Vance& Hines did say the true duals would help prevent popping on deceleration but so far I have about 450 miles on my SPOs with stock headers and have not heard any popping and the bike runs cooler and has more pep over stock setup. I have not had it  run on a dyno but seat of the pants dyno tells me it was an improvement. I have not had the bottoming out that another member has had with the SPOs but I am on flat ground and am not very aggressive in the corners when I ride.

UK Dave

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #90 on: February 28, 2007, 05:23:38 PM »

I'm with Hoist! on this one

The SPO's are just right for me (and my neighbours)

You can hear them OK - they are deep and mellow - but they still perform on the highway

Also I can hear the CD at 80+ with no fancy Hawg Wired kit or aftermarket speakers (this IS with a Clearview 9.5" flip screen though)

Cheers

Dave

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #91 on: February 28, 2007, 06:41:38 PM »

I'm with Hoist! on this one

The SPO's are just right for me (and my neighbours)

You can hear them OK - they are deep and mellow - but they still perform on the highway

Also I can hear the CD at 80+ with no fancy Hawg Wired kit or aftermarket speakers (this IS with a Clearview 9.5" flip screen though)

Cheers

Dave
Okay guys.  I give.  Where'd you purchase your SPOs? 
Thanks,
Tony 

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #92 on: February 28, 2007, 06:45:35 PM »

Thanks,
Tony 

You can get the SPO's, as well as the new Freedom pipes, at http://www.uglymufflers.com

Chief

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
    • VA

« Reply #93 on: February 28, 2007, 06:49:06 PM »

You can get the SPO's, as well as the new Freedom pipes, at http://www.uglymufflers.com

Chief
Chit!!!! I almost clicked on that link. :huepfenlol2:

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2007, 07:41:12 PM »

Chief
Chief,
Now that wasn't very nice  ;)
TC

Chief

• 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM #4-3/8
« Reply #95 on: February 28, 2007, 07:47:19 PM »

Chief,
Now that wasn't very nice  ;)
TC

I know. The devil made me do it.

Chief

TCinVA

• Elite CVO Member
  • FINALLY!

« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2007, 07:52:08 PM »

I know. The devil made me do it.

Chief
Would that be the same one that made you buy all those sparkly bolts??? ;)
Tony

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #97 on: February 28, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »

Thanks,
Tony 

Tony,

I got mine at M&M Cycle. That was around the time that the prices went up. I did a posting on that here too. I have no idea what a new set sells for now days. I do have a set of SPOs with less than 300 miles on them for sale. They have a scuff on the lower left hand corner edge of the left muffler. You can't see it unless you lay down and look for it. There are some pics on this thread.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php/topic,11037.0.html

I'm asking $380 for them and right now TwoLaneRider is at the front of the line thinking about it.

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member
  • First miles the 6th February 2008

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2007, 02:54:29 PM »

I had the opportunity to listen to a bike with the Rinehart true duals, and one with the V&H duals and oval slippons, at my dealer before I made the decision on what to put on my 07 SEUC.   I really liked the sounds of both mufflers, but the V&H ovals just sounded a little more "Harley" to me then the Rineharts.  The Rineharts were just a tad louder than the ovals too.   I have the standard baffles in my ovals and I can hear the radio fine at 75 mph.  V&H also makes a "quiet baffle" as an option for the ovals, so that might be something you want to considers.   Supposedly, the ovals with the standard baffles measure 98 db at three feet distance/half throttle, where the Rineharts are 103 db measure three feet directly behind the bike at half throttle.  Like I said they are a tad louder.  The V&H quiet baffles are supposed to drop the noise down to 93-94 db using the same measuring technique.  My understanding is the "stock" CVO mufflers are 88 db.    Quite a few muffler manufacturers are starting to come out with "quiet" baffle options now.

Red

Good afternoon All,

Red wrote about V&H quiet baffles concerning Oval slip-ons.
Do you have other information : reference for example.
I've not read something like that on the V&H website.

Thanks
Jacques
« Last Edit: September 04, 2007, 03:56:01 PM by bisounours »
********2007 FLHTCUSE2 Red/Black**********
  SE RYO A/C and KN filter, V&H dressers duals and
          oval, TM/AT map#364, SE 251 cams.
     2008 FLHTCUSE3, White Frost and Silver Mist
              (Casper) -> 6th February 2008
             SE 251 cams/Torrington bearings,
      SE pushrods, SE High compression pistons,
             A/C Big sucker, V&H dresser duals ,
             Fullsac baffles, SE Pro Super Tuner.
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Talon

• Life is like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today may get you in the a$$ tomorrow!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #99 on: September 04, 2007, 03:49:50 PM »

Might check the SELL topic on this site I know GC_Super had four sets of mufflers for sale there, link below.

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=15044.0

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #100 on: September 04, 2007, 03:58:31 PM »

thanks for the reply but I like my Oval.
Only, I wish less noise, a little bit .

Jacques
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

• CVO1: 2006 FLHTUSE Watermelon (traded)
    • CVO2: 2008 FLHTUSE3 Anniversary (traded)
    • CVO3: 2022 FLHTKSE Hightail Yellow
« Reply #101 on: September 04, 2007, 05:42:11 PM »

I know beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, but has anyone actually tried the LSR Blackhole 2-1 pipes?  From what I have read on their site, and other V-twin forum sites, people seem to really like 'em.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies!

DakotaZeb

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2007, 09:08:11 PM »

I'd like to know where Red got the "quiet baffles" for his Ovals.  I emailed V&H and they said there is no such thing.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:45:30 PM by DakotaZeb »

miker

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2007, 09:51:41 PM »

I dunno but the rinehart 2-1 is civil unitl you romp on it, then , well. 
I can hear the stereo (sorry Howie) up to 90ish then it is more wind than exhaust.  JMHO  :nixweiss:

Miker

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #104 on: September 06, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »

I'd like to know where Red got the "quiet baffles" for his Ovals.  I emailed V&H and they said there is no such thing.

I received an answer from V&H :

Unfortunately there are no recommendations to quiet down the oval slip-ons.

Ryan Lewis

Sales/ Tech. Support
Vance & Hines Racing
13861 Rosecrans Ave.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
(800) 592-2529 ext. 136
Fax: 562-802-0110

No solution  :oops:

Jacques
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

Serkcus

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 07 Candy Cobalt SERK
« Reply #105 on: September 06, 2007, 10:39:12 PM »

You gotta watch those DB numbers. Each 3DB is exactly double the referenced output sound level. For example, 88DB stock  and only 3DB above is double the noise level, another 3  DB is double the last 3 DB again.

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #106 on: September 07, 2007, 01:53:41 PM »

I had Harley's slip on Touring Mufflers on my 2000 Ultra.  I really liked them.  They worked well with my Stage 1 big bore 95" motor.  Does anybody know if these are still available? 
They had a nice sound, were quiet, provided an increase in performance vs. stock- just about what most people on this site seem to be looking for.
I'm sure Harley doesn't sell 'em, but they were probably made by Kerker or Supertrapp. 

rmarion

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #107 on: September 18, 2007, 12:31:46 AM »

I know beauty is in the eye of the beer holder, but has anyone actually tried the LSR Blackhole 2-1 pipes?  From what I have read on their site, and other V-twin forum sites, people seem to really like 'em.

yep

I have them on my ride..........
2006 FLHTCUSE - Candy/Black
SERT
SEAC
Branch Head Work
BP 595 cam gear drive
2:1 RB Racing Black Hole
Hawgwired Speakers & Amps
Rock & Roll Paint
Danny Grey Seat

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #108 on: September 21, 2007, 01:33:04 PM »

yep

I have them on my ride..........

How do you like them?  How's the noise level?  Fit and finish?  I am thinking of getting a set of these.  -Steve

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2007, 01:52:52 PM »

I orignally put the LSR Blackhole on my bike with the Jims 120 Engine great looking and well built pipe, however, I had Matt Gross (Phoenix) attempt to tune the bike with them on, and for the life us we could not get the engine to run like we thought it should.

What we found was that torque and horsepower dropped like a brick. He covered half of the rear of the pipe with a piece of plywood the HP and TQ shot up were we expected it should be. Removed the piece of plywood and it dropped rapidly again. Put it back on and it was great, removed and dropped back down.

This engine was the Jims 120, it had the SBC Vortec Heads, S&S 675 Gear Drive Cams, Kuraykyn 57mm Throttle Body c/w 6.63 injectors, rest engine stock. 

Put the V&H Pro Pipe on and has HP of 131 and TQ of 134 lb. ft., so needless to say, ran with the V&H Pro Pipe, now back back the Freedom Cycles True Duals as I was blowing the packing out of the V&H Pro Pipe and after 600 - 700 mile days the noise was apain in the ears.

I am going to try the new BUB Seven True Duals when I get the new JIMS 120 engine in the bike.

geezerglide

geezerglide

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2007, 02:29:21 PM »

Thanks, Geezerglide.  I won't waste my time on the LSR Blackholes.  -Still trying to figure out something quiet but with a nice increase in performance.  I used a rented '07 Ultra (non CVO)for a recent trip and enjoyed the stock pipes.  However, as much as I like slightly salted roasted nuts, when they're my own, I really don't care to partake!
The bike averaged over 52 mpg on the trip, but was hotter than the hubs of hell.  -I know that's mostly do to the lean AFR. 

I have a good friend who recently insalled a set of Supertrapp SE slip-ons on his '07 Ultra and he thinks they are a little too loud.  From what I've read, they are probably the quietest alternative to stock pipes.  I know they are 3 db louder than stock- which is double, but that doesn't seem like it would be too bad.  (My buddy lives 400 mi. away, so I haven't heard them myself.)

The search continues!  I play guitar and have see the same problem in reading reviews about amps and guitars as I do  when researching exhaust systems.  No matter how much you try to explain what something sounds like, until you have heard it and tried it for yourself, you're really not sure what you're getting.

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2007, 02:44:13 PM »

Try this site...they now have a slip on that fits the Rinehart stepped header pipes, so you can have the best of all worlds.  They offer baffles from 1.5" to 2.5", and a miriad of end caps, some of which I have never seen before.  I think these folks used to build the 98B Screaming Eagle Slip ons, which were excellent mufflers.  This application (the 2" headpipe version) is not listed on their website yet, but it is available.

From what I understand, this will give the low end TQ that the RH true duals lose, and have less reversion for easier, more accurate tuning.  The guy recommended the 1.75" baffle for good sound, but not too loud to overpower the radio.

Just another option.  They have sound bites you can listen to.

www.epiflex.com

Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2007, 03:03:58 PM »

Thanks, Geezerglide.  I won't waste my time on the LSR Blackholes.  -Still trying to figure out something quiet but with a nice increase in performance.  I used a rented '07 Ultra (non CVO)for a recent trip and enjoyed the stock pipes.  However, as much as I like slightly salted roasted nuts, when they're my own, I really don't care to partake!
The bike averaged over 52 mpg on the trip, but was hotter than the hubs of hell.  -I know that's mostly do to the lean AFR. 

I have a good friend who recently insalled a set of Supertrapp SE slip-ons on his '07 Ultra and he thinks they are a little too loud.  From what I've read, they are probably the quietest alternative to stock pipes.  I know they are 3 db louder than stock- which is double, but that doesn't seem like it would be too bad.  (My buddy lives 400 mi. away, so I haven't heard them myself.)

The search continues!  I play guitar and have see the same problem in reading reviews about amps and guitars as I do  when researching exhaust systems.  No matter how much you try to explain what something sounds like, until you have heard it and tried it for yourself, you're really not sure what you're getting.

If you're doing it on a relatively stock setup (mild or stock cams and freeflow A/C), I've said it a million times. NOTHING BEATS THE S&S SPO's (Stainless Performance Ovals) for quiet performance!!! Use any 1-3/4" TD's or stock headpipes, and these slipons rule!!! The looks take some getting used to. If you can't get past that, oh well. But I loved them until they couldn't keep up with my new build. No quiet exhaust outperforms the S&S SPO's! Period!!! ;)

Hoist! 8)

Steve_G

• Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • SD

« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2007, 08:25:19 PM »

Try this site...they now have a slip on that fits the Rinehart stepped header pipes, so you can have the best of all worlds.  They offer baffles from 1.5" to 2.5", and a miriad of end caps, some of which I have never seen before.  I think these folks used to build the 98B Screaming Eagle Slip ons, which were excellent mufflers.  This application (the 2" headpipe version) is not listed on their website yet, but it is available.

From what I understand, this will give the low end TQ that the RH true duals lose, and have less reversion for easier, more accurate tuning.  The guy recommended the 1.75" baffle for good sound, but not too loud to overpower the radio.

www.epiflex.com

I actually had the 2" Rush mufflers on my '06 CVO Ultra.  They were really pretty nice.  Most of the time they weren't too loud, but sometimes they were.  I asked about smaller baffles.  Actually talked to one of the owners.  I was told that I would lose performance and that they recommended sticking with the 2" baffles.  One thing I noticed was that the right side exhaust turned blue and gold in the middle.  If I didn't have a radio, or had a Road King or something, I wouldn't hesitate getting another set.  They are really well made and have a nice deep rumble.  -Steve

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2007, 05:15:37 AM »

I orignally put the LSR Blackhole on my bike with the Jims 120 Engine great looking and well built pipe, however, I had Matt Gross (Phoenix) attempt to tune the bike with them on, and for the life us we could not get the engine to run like we thought it should.

What we found was that torque and horsepower dropped like a brick. He covered half of the rear of the pipe with a piece of plywood the HP and TQ shot up were we expected it should be. Removed the piece of plywood and it dropped rapidly again. Put it back on and it was great, removed and dropped back down.

This engine was the Jims 120, it had the SBC Vortec Heads, S&S 675 Gear Drive Cams, Kuraykyn 57mm Throttle Body c/w 6.63 injectors, rest engine stock. 

Put the V&H Pro Pipe on and has HP of 131 and TQ of 134 lb. ft., so needless to say, ran with the V&H Pro Pipe, now back back the Freedom Cycles True Duals as I was blowing the packing out of the V&H Pro Pipe and after 600 - 700 mile days the noise was apain in the ears.

I am going to try the new BUB Seven True Duals when I get the new JIMS 120 engine in the bike.

geezerglide

geezerglide

so, do you think the black hole would work well for high output applications if you welded a bar or strap inside the end of the pipe? kinda like bending the tabs on thunderheader for final tuning? or should we just avoid the pipe for large motors?

geezerglide

• 1K CVO Member
  • New Geezerglide
    • AB

« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2007, 06:42:07 PM »

so, do you think the black hole would work well for high output applications if you welded a bar or strap inside the end of the pipe? kinda like bending the tabs on thunderheader for final tuning? or should we just avoid the pipe for large motors?

It might work, however it would be a very expensive experiment, if I remember correctly the LSR Blackhole 2:1 is approximately $1200.00.

geezerglide

Texas 103

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • TX

• CVO1: 2016 "RGU"
« Reply #116 on: September 24, 2007, 07:39:12 PM »

www.epiflex.com

Thinking about going to Basanni Power Curve  and Supertrapp Super Meg slip-on's. Any feed back on this combo??? I think the Basanni is kinda Fugley but I 'm told it makes some damn good numbers and the Supertrapps would let me tune it with discs>>> Thanks Greg     

Too Much of a good thing is just right !! Then more is always better

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #117 on: September 24, 2007, 08:00:37 PM »

Greg, one thing I'll tell you is the Power curve thingy is hot in our part of the USA. Even if you might be able to tune another hp or 2, it wasn't worth it to me. Plus, with the supermegs, you could maybe run different #'s if discs like they do with stock headers. I've not dynoed mine since going to the ST's cause it just runs too good like it is to take a chance of F'ing it up. If these are the ones you got on e-bay, how many discs did you get?

Later, Robert
« Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 08:02:53 PM by GC_Super »

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #118 on: January 06, 2008, 10:38:53 PM »

Red

Are you sure about the quiet baffles for the oval? I have been looking around and have not found them.

nixobilly

• Elite CVO Member
  • 07 'CUSE2 B & O ------ 09 BMW R1200GSA
    • TX
« Reply #119 on: January 06, 2008, 10:46:30 PM »

Sure wish there were quiet baffles for the V&H Ovals.

I just removed them and replaced with Harley SE slipons (82db vs. 98dB). The ovals will be on sale online here in a coupla weeks.

They seem to pull just as good as the Ovals without deafening the ears but I'll have it dynoed after they replace my top end in the next few weeks (oil leak number 3).

Mark

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #120 on: January 07, 2008, 06:03:07 AM »

I just removed them and replaced with Harley SE slipons (82db vs. 98dB). The ovals will be on sale online here in a coupla weeks.

They seem to pull just as good as the Ovals without deafening the ears but I'll have it dynoed after they replace my top end in the next few weeks (oil leak number 3).

Mark

What are the reference of your SE slip-ons ?
Are they louder than the US CVO exhausts ?

Jacques

2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2008, 06:54:45 PM »

Mark

whats the part number

bisounours

• 5k CVO Member

« Reply #122 on: January 15, 2008, 02:45:18 PM »

:oops:
No answer !
2011 FLHXSE2, Stage1
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 9 [All]

Page created in 0.59 seconds with 21 queries.