Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: CVO's hard to sell  (Read 50253 times)

ChopperPilot

• 1K CVO Member
    • MO

• CVO1: 2023 FLHXSE
    • CVO2: 2020 FLHXSE (Sold)
    • CVO3: 2014 FXSBSE (Sold)
Re: CVO's hard to sell
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2014, 07:52:53 PM »

That makes sense but I also know there are certain years/models/colors that ppl have always wanted it's just a matter of finding that guy and making the deal.
Agreed
2023 CVO Street Glide
Whiskey Neat
Khrome Werks Duals

2019 Heritage Classic 114 Special
Silver Flux and Black Fuse
Rinehart 2 into 1 Pipe
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

2014 CVO Breakout
Hard Candy Sedona Sand and Blaze Orange
Vance & Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 Pipes
Screamin' Eagle Super Tuner

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2014, 08:21:10 PM »

Haven't seen any late model (2011-14) cvo bikes at any dealer for months. Did see a 2014 new cvo roadking on the showroom floor for $4k off msrp just yesterday.
I've always gotten better trade in on a cvo than a regular Harley compared to the original msrp. Never have gotten anything for any mods I've done on any bike.

That is what I have found two, I take less of a hit % wise when I trade a 2~3 year old CVO vs a regular bike.  Some also tend to do better, if it was a very popular CVO and people are still wanting that color.  I think my skunk will do well, as I have yet to see one used on a dealer floor in my area, and I have been asked if mine is for sale many times. 

I guess I will see for sure next week.  Did well on the 09 SERG I traded on the 12.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

CVO10

• WV

• CVO1: 2015 flhtkse traded in
    • CVO2: flhtcuse5 sold
    • CVO3: flhtcuse2 sold
    • CVO.COM
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2014, 08:42:33 PM »

Sold 2010 in 9 days cvo ultra. Hope to get 2015 ultra soon. My first post you will have to baer with me.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #33 on: August 31, 2014, 08:45:31 PM »

Sold 2010 in 9 days cvo ultra. Hope to get 2015 ultra soon. My first post you will have to baer with me.

Member for over four and a half years...   ???

Congratulations on making your first post and hope you share your thoughts when you get your new ride!   :2vrolijk_21:
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

justposts

« Reply #34 on: August 31, 2014, 08:48:13 PM »

I'm one of those " deadbeat canadians" that have bought 2 US bikes since 09 when our dollar hit par.Problem I ran into when I tried to buy a bike out of the US, is most of them are financed, and the paperwork and wait time is 3 weeks minimum. Not sure about the rest of the " deadbeats" , but when I go looking for a bike, I have cash in hand, and when I see something I like, I want to pay for it, and be on my way. Not wait around for a few weeks, for red tape, and paperwork for the lien to clear. Just sayin!

krypto2011

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #35 on: August 31, 2014, 08:57:53 PM »

I was gonna trade my krypto last month in NH and dealer offered me 28k, but couldn't do it, love the bike too much!!! I thought that was a great trade value!!!  Saw a krypto at black wolf harley last week in bristol VA with 22k miles on it for $30,950, with not even half the extras mine has and 7k miles more.  Thats about $1800 less than MSRP 4 years ago!!! They will probably never get it but that doesn't stop em from asking it!!!
2011 SESG Krypto/Black Diamond, SE 259e cams, SE 5.3 injectors, HPI 58mm throttle body, heads ported and polished, V&H power duals, CFR mufflers, SE race tuner, SE high flow air filter

halfcirclej

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: FLTRUSE 2011 Black Quartz
    • CVO2: FLHTCU 2008 WHITE GOLD PEARL
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2014, 11:43:07 PM »

I stopped by dealer Friday. Ask what I could trade my 2011 CVO ROAD GLIDE ULTRA for a 2015 CVO ROAD GLIDE ULTRA. He said I can't sell CVO,s. He said he takes them all to auction for wholesale. Offered to trade for $20,000.00. Mine only has 3000 miles due to rotator cuff surgery. Well that's too much loss. I bought it late 2011 when I found out they were not making in 2012. Well I got fooled. So after I got the heat out it, ride as cool as my 2008 ultra classic. I'll just keep em an forget about buying anything.
Maybe go for another Gold Wing after I tire of the ones I have.
Mitch

yanks178

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MN

• CVO1: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Burnt Amber/Citrus
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2014, 12:36:09 AM »

Man i wish i could like that bmw!

Hey Jswerve.. what part of Iowa are you from?  I'm in the far SW corner of MN, 1 mile from IA

senorjeem

• Starting Out
  • Full CVO Member
  • I SURVIVED THE MAYAN END OF DAYS!!!
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2014, 12:47:19 AM »

I cant believe how hard it is to sell my CVO.  I bought it with the mis conception that the CVO's retain their value better than the standard version and that they usually go pretty quick on the used market.  Not so I guess.  Had mine for sale several times in the last few months and only some Canadian deadbeats had any interest.  Basically stock bike + exhaust and I was asking less than KBB or NADA

44 whole posts!  I imagine that your charm came shining through to help seal the deal with the deadbeats.   

NEWSFLASH.  The internet does not stop at the US border

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2014, 05:40:33 AM »

Hey Jswerve.. what part of Iowa are you from?  I'm in the far SW corner of MN, 1 mile from IA
You must be near Okoboji? I'm in Fort Dodge.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

cmashark

• Senior CVO Member
    • TN

• CVO1: 2021 FLHXSE
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2014, 07:22:09 AM »

It's a tough market for most items that are considered toys...  I have been trying to sell my 89 Corvette for over a month getting very little interest.  The car is immaculate with only 34K on it with very unique options.  I listed it at 10.5 and have seen nothing but sight unseen low ball offers.

Chris
Chris

2021 FLHXSE

justposts

« Reply #41 on: September 01, 2014, 07:50:27 AM »

44 whole posts!  I imagine that your charm came shining through to help seal the deal with the deadbeats.   

NEWSFLASH.  The internet does not stop at the US border

:2vrolijk_21: 

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2014, 08:27:40 AM »

I stopped by dealer Friday. Ask what I could trade my 2011 CVO ROAD GLIDE ULTRA for a 2015 CVO ROAD GLIDE ULTRA. He said I can't sell CVO,s. He said he takes them all to auction for wholesale. Offered to trade for $20,000.00. Mine only has 3000 miles due to rotator cuff surgery. Well that's too much loss. I bought it late 2011 when I found out they were not making in 2012. Well I got fooled. So after I got the heat out it, ride as cool as my 2008 ultra classic. I'll just keep em an forget about buying anything.
Maybe go for another Gold Wing after I tire of the ones I have.

He can't be much of a salesman or dealer.  Either that, or he's trying to sell them for new bike prices like some others I've seen.  As we've been kicking around on this site lately, the bloom is off the Harley rose when it comes to resale values, but some dealers still think they can charge as much these days for used bikes as they did a decade ago.  As someone else posted recently, the kind of people who tend to buy CVO's usually prefer to spend a few grand more for the latest model, so the used bike price is going to have to reflect a significant savings over a new bike.  Thanks to Harley's increase in CVO production volumes, there are plenty of new ones available for the folks with deep pockets so they don't need to "settle" for used.  This means the prices have to drop to the levels the next tier of buyers feel comfortable with.  These days that next tier of buyers is much thinner than before the Great Recession.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

guppytrash

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2014, 09:28:55 AM »

Project Rushmore killed resale on everything 13 and older IMO.

How many of us are willing to take that hit on resale.

I don't know if it is as bad as the salesman paints the picture for resale of a CVO but, IF SO then it is important
to remind the salesman you are wanting full price +++ on your new CVO's that "in your words" is going to be the 'hardest to sell bike" once I drive it off the lot.

Geez! let me break out my wallet and fork out $39k +++ for that!

Nobody buys these as an investment, but I for one will probably not buy THIS option since there are many alternatives.  And this one is being labled as "the hardest to sell used version". 

Competition has forced HD to get caught up. 
They did by coping: Victorys mail slot airflow design, BMW liquid cooled heads design, and finally giving a real built in gps stereo.

Again JMO but the HD CVO limited carries the premium price in the industry for a touring motorcycle, and they have almost caught up to the rest of the industry "technology wise" but are still lacking. 
The fact that HD's $40k touring, "premium priced" flag ship model, still has no ESA (electronic suspension adjustment) of any kind or just an electric air pump.  C'mon man!  Well at least every other manufacturer can get a good laugh out of it.  That and 1800cc with 75-80hp.  C'MON MAN!

I do think this is going to be an interesting couple years for HD dealers.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2014, 02:28:46 PM by guppytrash »

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2014, 09:34:24 AM »

Project Rushmore killed resale on everything 13 and older IMO.

How many of us are willing to take that hit on resale.

I don't know if it is as bad as the salesman paints the picture for resale of a CVO but, IF SO then it is important
to remind the salesman you are wanting full price +++ on your new CVO's that "in your words" is going to be the 'hardest to sell bike" once I drive it off the lot.

Geez! let me break out my wallet and fork out $39k +++ for that!

Nobody buys these as an investment, but I for one will probably not buy THIS option since there are many alternatives.  And this one is being labled as "the hardest to sell used version". 

Competition has forced HD to get caught up. 
They did by coping: Victorys mail slot airflow design, BMW liquid cooled heads design, and finally giving a real built in gps stereo.

Again JMO but the HD CVO limited carries the premium price in the industry for a touring motorcycle, and they have almost caught up to the rest of the industry "technology wise" but are still lacking. 
The fact that HD's $40k touring, "premium priced" flag ship model, still has no ESA (electronic suspension adjustment) of any kind or just an electric air pump.  C'mon man!  Well at least every other manufacturer can get a good laugh out it.  That and 1800cc with 75-80hp.  C'MON MAN!

I do think this is going to be an interesting couple years for HD dealers.
You made some excellent points.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Page created in 0.201 seconds with 21 queries.