Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Author Topic: Best and brightest polish?  (Read 13298 times)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
Re: Best and brightest polish?
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2010, 07:37:47 PM »

I used the Glare Polish on my 2011 CVO Street Glide today and have to agree with many that this stuff is the best..  I have tried many products over the years to achieve a mirror like finish and this product beats them all easily.  Awesome product.  Thanks everyone for recommending this product.
Yep...if ya follow the instructions, it'll absolutely amaze you with the deep shine, esp. on dark colors of paint.  And it lasts for a long time requiring little work to keep it looking good.  Glad you found it.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Camoup

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2010, 01:36:06 PM »

I just received my glare.  How do most of you apply it, with a buffer or just by hand??  Which way would be best??  Mark
Save A Biker, Shoot A Doe

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2010, 01:48:00 PM »

By 'hand' here........others report good results with a buffer.  Just be sure and follow their directions either way and you'll be pleased.  Hard for the 1st application and then easier to maintain has been my experience.  :drink: spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2010, 02:37:53 PM »

Has anyone used Captain Richards Best ?? I'm very happy with their products..   
         www.captainrichardsbest.com      Can get a free sample
Ordered the sample kit, I'll let you know how it works.  Thanks
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

roadking71865

• "The Dark Knight"
  • Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: The Dark Knight
    • CVO2: '03 FLHRSEI2 (sold)
    • CVO3: '08 F-250 Diesel
« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2010, 05:03:44 PM »

As mentioned earlier, be sure to follow the instuctions and application process they recommend.  Knockout, Micro, Spyder & Pro Polish.  Use a left to right motion with long strokes if possible.  Do NOT use a circular motion!!  Doing it by hand will make it easier to get into the smaller areas.  It worked wonders on my bike.  Let us know how it goes.
Fullsac B X-pipe
1.75 pwr. cores
Big Sucker A/C
TTS MasterTuner
BAL Tail Light, Motolights
Custom Dynamics LED Turning Lamps
HD LED Headlamp & Passing Lamps
J & M FlexPower AM/FM/WB Antenna
J & M FlexPower CB Antenna
Mini Beast Air Horn, Wheeldock EZ-UP Center Stnd
Kennedy Technology CellSet
External XM SRS Satellite Antenna
HarleyGoodies Floor board extenders
Progressive Monotubes
Progressive 440's
Clearview 9.5" windshield
Corbin Dual Tour Heated Seat

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2010, 05:42:39 PM »

Just got my Glare by mail. WOW, best stuff I've used in 30 yrs. Couldn't lay the rag on the tank.....it would slide off. I thought Capt Richards Bomb was best, its now a distant 2nd.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2010, 05:47:22 PM »

Just got my Glare by mail. WOW, best stuff I've used in 30 yrs. Couldn't lay the rag on the tank.....it would slide off. I thought Capt Richards Bomb was best, its now a distant 2nd.
Yowsah !!!!  spyder

DavidG

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2
    • CVO2: 2007 FLHRSE3 **Sold**
    • CVO3: 2007 FXSTSSE **sold**
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 11:07:48 PM »

I have been using Zaino for many years and really like the results but not all the steps - can anyone compare Glare and Zaino?

I've been using Zaino for years on my cars and it is awesome. My last three cars were white or light colored and I never had am issue with Zaino. I really liked the results.

Last week I picked up a new black/inferno orange FLHXSE2 and today applied the first coat of Zaino. While it worked as I expected on the orange, it did not do so well on the black. It kept streaking and I was even using the ZFX Accelerator. I just could not get a deep shine on the black with Zaino.

So I pulled out the Glare polish and I tried that. Wow. It is awesome on black. From now on I will be using the Glare on the bike and leave the Zaino for the Lexus. I think that for dark colors, Glare is best.
2011 FLHXSE2

2wheelZEN

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG Black Diamond
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2010, 09:31:08 PM »

Got my Glare the other day. Did a test run on my 9 year old red n black Honda f4i very happy with the results. The Crimson eagle is next along with my black chevy silverado(this will make for a long day).

Chains

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2006 FLHTCUSE
    • FL

« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2010, 12:30:21 PM »

Has anyone used Captain Richards Best ?? I'm very happy with their products..   
         www.captainrichardsbest.com      Can get a free sample
Ordered sample kit September 16th.  Still no product, not sure if they lost the order or are not around anymore.  Sent them an e mail, will let you know the response.
2009 FLHTCUSE
12 inch Monkey bars
Stage one kit
Fullsac SS titanium coated DX dual pipe
Kuryakyn 4 inch Mellow Crushers
Color Matched Bushtec Turbo 2
1st Active member of the CVO Critter Gawkers Society

Air-Cooled

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2010, 11:13:04 PM »

I've been using Zaino for years on my cars and it is awesome. My last three cars were white or light colored and I never had am issue with Zaino. I really liked the results.

Last week I picked up a new black/inferno orange FLHXSE2 and today applied the first coat of Zaino. While it worked as I expected on the orange, it did not do so well on the black. It kept streaking and I was even using the ZFX Accelerator. I just could not get a deep shine on the black with Zaino.

So I pulled out the Glare polish and I tried that. Wow. It is awesome on black. From now on I will be using the Glare on the bike and leave the Zaino for the Lexus. I think that for dark colors, Glare is best.

I found that the ZFX accelerator is not the best way to use Zaino. The older two step method in which you use the tan-colored pretreatment, let it dry, then cover it with the pink Zaino works best. Zaino and Glare are really two different methods. The Zaino is a filler and synthetic wax, whereas Glare is a true polish. Would be interesting to see what would happen with Glare followed by Zaino...much work for sure.

North Star

• CANADA- Love it or Leave it
  • 1K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: 2009 CVO Road Glide- Orange/Black
    • CVO2: 2015 Ducati Monter 821- Star White
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2010, 05:27:25 PM »

I've been reading about Glare, a polishing "wax" type of product .Product is pretty pricey at around $25.00 locally. Less on the internet but you have to add lots of postage and shipping....

Sorry, off topic but I gotta ask- why in the world do you post your address under your avatar?
2009 Screamin' Eagle Road Glide- Electric Orange/Vivid Black
GMR 113", GMR 600 cams, Fullac DX & Kuryakyn Crushers, SE Heavy Breather, tuned by "Dyno Dave" Stoddart
Jagg 10 row fan assisted oil cooler
Axeo Legends/Ohlins 3-3/True Track front and rear
C&C Fastback seat w/orange flame stitching & a Le Pera Maverick
PYO Monkey Bars- 10"
Freedom Shields 12" light grey
Hawg Wired "six pack"amp/speakers, Iron Cross ipod interface
HD Daymaker headlights
Detachable King Tour Pak in Electric Orange

dcigar

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 FLSTSE2
    • CVO2: 1996 FXSTC
« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2010, 07:13:33 PM »

does anyone use the harley cleaning products, just bought the harley glaze to use between washes, and it is good on the paint , windscreen and chrome

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2010, 11:47:06 PM »

My local HD dealer put me onto a product called "Original Bike Spirits" which he claimed to be the exact same product that has been sold under the Honda label.  I agree, it is the wetest and slickest shine I've seen on my bikes - amazing for a cleaner / wax.  Manufactured by Amrep Automotive Products: www.originalbikespirits.com.  I think you'll like it.

I usually keep several cans of Original Bike Spirits around only because it's so inexpensive and Plexus has gone up in price by so much.  I don't think OBS can hold a candle to Plexus, but then it about 3 times the price now.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2010, 12:05:09 AM »

Pledge - tried it and it shined the bike real nice, but it was in incredible dust magnet. 

Maguire's - I've been using that for a while and happy with the results.  I've now put that aside due to the results with ICE listed below.

ICE - I tried it on my SUV a few times and never hated a wax so much.  I noticed how nice the shine was on a friend's bike and asked him what he used.  He uses ICE and he told me that it was imperative to let it dry fully before removing it.  I tried it on the bike, which I had never tried before, and wow, what a great shine and easy to work with.  I found that I can put a good coat on a lot of the bike to give it time to dry, and then go back to the beginning to start removal, and it really does leave a very wet looking shine.

GLARE - I've never tried it yet, but as many times as I've seen nothing but praise about it on this site over the past few years, I see no choice but to give it a whirl.  I know my local Honda dealers keep it in stock and one dealer's prices are much better than the others...luckily the closest dealer to my house.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All

Page created in 0.174 seconds with 21 queries.