Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Author Topic: "How To" HK 06 and up Aux Jack to back of radio  (Read 84529 times)

pirateeye

Re: "How To" HK 06 and up Aux Jack to back of radio
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2008, 01:35:18 PM »

heres another pic...this is the best i can do.

thanks again

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2008, 01:51:53 PM »

Looking at the pic its hard to tell if your throught the trace. I marked your pic where you need to cut. When using the razor you should be able to see that your through it when your into the fibrous PC board material. Hope this helps....

pirateeye

« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2008, 02:02:14 PM »

so i need to cut the second "stripe" or trace i believe thats called...right?  Or cut the one I already have deeper?

thanks again!!!

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2008, 03:07:34 PM »

so i need to cut the second "stripe" or trace i believe thats called...right?  Or cut the one I already have deeper?

thanks again!!!

The trace is acyually the lighter green portion of the board, so it appears as thought you are not through it.

pirateeye

« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2008, 05:12:35 PM »

I cut across the second dark stripe part...and all works great!  Thank you very much for your help!!

KB

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2008, 02:40:35 AM »

I cut across the second dark stripe part...and all works great!  Thank you very much for your help!!

KB

Congrats!, Glad it worked out for you. :2vrolijk_21:

jpr

« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2008, 01:04:14 PM »

Just finished mine and it works great.  Few things I learned along the way....I did find the grommets at Radio Shack, (different sales person, an a different day).  I was able to leave the rubber seal around the front of the radio on, just fliped it towards the front.  I used flat toothpicks on the bottom and side face plate clips to hold them open and not lock back on when I tried the top.  I also used a jewelers head band magnifying lenses to see the circit board while cuting the two dark green trace lines legs for the Aux Jack.  I found the stick on zip tie holders at Home Depot.

Thanks to all for your imput, and Jim for all the details.  Anyone in the Lancaster CA. area wanting to try this, Let me know.

wildey

« Reply #52 on: July 06, 2008, 12:27:26 PM »

I have a question??   I was going to do this mod to my radio until I saw the part where the front audio jack will no longer work after you cut the trace.

So is there a way to do this and have both the front and rear audio jacks work??  I would hate to not have the front work at all.

Thank you very much

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #53 on: July 06, 2008, 12:29:47 PM »

The front one will still work fine, you just can't use both at the same time.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #54 on: July 06, 2008, 12:57:13 PM »

I have a question??   I was going to do this mod to my radio until I saw the part where the front audio jack will no longer work after you cut the trace.

So is there a way to do this and have both the front and rear audio jacks work??  I would hate to not have the front work at all.

Thank you very much

Welcome wildey. Wow a member since '07 and only two posts are today. Glad to see you.
AJ

wildey

« Reply #55 on: July 06, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »

Welcome wildey. Wow a member since '07 and only two posts are today. Glad to see you.
AJ

LOL  I am a man of few words LOL   Actually I totally forgot about this forum. I was doing some searchs about this audio jack and they had a link posted from here for some info.

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2008, 07:24:24 PM »

I'm a bit confused by the diagram.  The soldered red, black and yellow wires, are they from the the cable going out the back, or otherwise we would not see this connection?  If so, I assume that the ground is connected and won't have to be secured to the frame. 
Also the trace you mentioned that  has to be cut, if this is cut how does the connection still stop at aux if nothing is plugged in? Does the the new cable make it think there is something plugged in?

I'm going to have a radio tech do that locally so I want to be able to give him the right info.  Do you do the ugrade for others? If so, what would it cost and where are you.

Thanks, Framemaker

Bungy

• Senior CVO Member
  • Keep your stick on the ice
    • AB

• CVO1: '08 SEUC annie
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2008, 12:15:06 AM »

I'm a bit confused by the diagram.  The soldered red, black and yellow wires, are they from the the cable going out the back, or otherwise we would not see this connection?  If so, I assume that the ground is connected and won't have to be secured to the frame. 
Also the trace you mentioned that  has to be cut, if this is cut how does the connection still stop at aux if nothing is plugged in? Does the the new cable make it think there is something plugged in?

I'm going to have a radio tech do that locally so I want to be able to give him the right info.  Do you do the ugrade for others? If so, what would it cost and where are you.

Thanks, Framemaker

1. Yes
2. The unit will stop at aux when you cycle thru the inputs (FM, AM, CD etc). Previously it would only stop @ aux if there was something plugged in.
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Framemaker

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2008, 01:06:58 AM »

Well that then brings me to the same question as "Wildey", the post above yours.
Can both ports be made to be used?
What happens if you don't cut the trace. Sorry, I guess I'm still a bit confused, but becoming more enlightened. :o)

Framemaker

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member

• Metal Dragon
« Reply #59 on: November 01, 2008, 10:42:52 AM »

Framemaker:

The trace gets cut to allow the function switch on the bars to stop at the aux position even though there is nothing plugged into the front jack. It does not prevent the front jack from functioning in any way. You can have a device plugged into the front and rear at the same time but only one can be on or you will overdrive the inputs to the unit.

Yes, The cables going out the back are soldered onto the board, this is what I added for the rear jack. Yes the ground is connected and you DO NOT connect it to the frame.

Yes I can do the upgrade for you, i'll PM my info.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 13

Page created in 0.17 seconds with 25 queries.