Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Billett Reuseable Oil filter  (Read 3077 times)

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
Billett Reuseable Oil filter
« on: August 06, 2010, 11:12:22 AM »

I have a 95 Heritage with an S&S 107. I am thinking about getting a billet reuseable oil filter like the one I saw in the J&P catalogue. It is part no 741-481. The list price is $107.99 and it is on page 877 of the J&P latest catalogue. Has anyone had any experience with one of these units? I am interested in this particular one because the end is tapered ( I have a crank position sensor that I have to pull everytime I change my filter ) and it has a place in the end of the taper to insert a drive for easy removal. Also it is finned and would help to cool my engine oil. Any comments/ user opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance CAHDBIKER

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

tship65

• 06 Streetglide, 110 SE CVO
Re: Billett Reuseable Oil filter
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 02:27:12 PM »

Be Careful!  S&S is adamant about having to use a stock EVO filter,  I just installed a 124 with the type of filter you are talking about, it puked oil out of the lower case vent terrible!!  I talked to tech and they said those filters do not let oil evac thru enough, thus oil builds in the cases.  Your call but I would save the money.
Shawn

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »

There are lots of different oil filter tools made to work around the crank sensor.  This is the one I personally prefer and use:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140437148086

cahdbiker

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE4
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 09:16:48 PM »

TShip65, Thanks for the info. After hearing what you said there is no way I will put one of those on my S&S 107. It finally runs great after a lot of initial problems ( see my other posts), and I don't want to mess that up.Once again here is another reason why this site is so great. Thanks Again.. CAHDBIKER

Be Careful!  S&S is adamant about having to use a stock EVO filter,  I just installed a 124 with the type of filter you are talking about, it puked oil out of the lower case vent terrible!!  I talked to tech and they said those filters do not let oil evac thru enough, thus oil builds in the cases.  Your call but I would save the money.
Shawn

2009 SEUC just south of Point Mugu Ventura County, Ca.

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 24 queries.