Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: stalling at lights  (Read 1948 times)

stodz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO
stalling at lights
« on: October 09, 2016, 10:49:27 PM »

2014 CVO when it gets hot in traffic at lights the bike will stall for no reason at will sometimes puff out the breather. Not a good thing in heavy traffic anyone else having this stalling problem

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
Re: stalling at lights
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2016, 10:52:28 PM »

2014 CVO when it gets hot in traffic at lights the bike will stall for no reason at will sometimes puff out the breather. Not a good thing in heavy traffic anyone else having this stalling problem

Trying turning off the eitms on the bike.

RAINEY

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • MI

• Apex Oil lab
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 11:00:51 AM »

Mine does that on occasion even with the EIMTS turned off.  I thought it was from having a bad canned map with my Rinehart True Duals and slip ons.  In the spring I'm changing to different heads and slip ons and going to have it properly dyno tuned.  I'm hoping that solves some of my challanges.
2015 CVO Limited

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 11:12:06 AM »

Is the bike stock?  If so, insist Harley fix it since stalling is considered a safety defect.

Many people have had similar issues, and with more than one root cause reported, so there isn't necessarily going to be a simple answer to your question.  Perhaps it's a problem with the throttle body as reported by some folks, perhaps it's something as simple as an air leak causing the bike to run even leaner than usual, hard to say.  But it is not normal or acceptable.  Find a competent tech (not necessarily an easy task I know) and have them do some diagnostics.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

stodz

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • ON

• CVO1: 2014 Ultra Limited CVO
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 11:02:23 PM »

Thanks everyone for your thoughts ,have all winter to figure it out will start with the easy one turning of the cylinder de activation

Heatwave

• 1K CVO Member
  • ‘10 CVO Ultra 120/127 & ‘17 CVO LTD 140/151

• CVO1: 2017 CVO Limited (Garnet/Red) 128ci
    • CVO2: 2010 SE Ultra (Red/Slate)
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 07:52:28 AM »

Another consideration is a bad lifter or possibly the cam tensioners are worn through. Either problem throws off the combustion cycle enough to make idling difficult if not impossible. Both would require opening cam chest to diagnose. Good luck.

Page created in 1.008 seconds with 21 queries.