Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Author Topic: is it worth it or not, that is the question  (Read 18456 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: is it worth it or not, that is the question
« Reply #45 on: November 11, 2013, 10:36:08 PM »

traded my 09 CVO Ultra for a 2014 Burgandy blaze CVO Limited.  Got top trade in dollar for the 09 which I kept super clean.  In Ohio you only pay sales tax on the difference between trade and new bike cost. It was a no brainer, good by 09 and hello 2014. It rides far superior to the 09 CVO
Same here in Iowa. Makes trading a bit more appealing.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

RickDeVon

• Junior CVO Member
  • 15 Mysterious Red Tri Glide
    • GA

« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2013, 09:51:41 PM »

I would for the 2015 liquid cooled 1800cc X motor and the all new touring frame............
Fulsac headpipe w/11 CVO 2" cores...Slipstream collection...CVO seat...CW 2+2 bars w/chrome backlit controls and cables...Chrome front w/B&S cowbells...
Building a CVO Tri Glide...

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2013, 08:07:51 AM »

I just traded my 06 CUSE in for a 14 Ultra Limited, non CVO. Maybe I'm getting old, but most of the extras that come on the SE bikes just don't appeal to me as much as they used to. I still don't care for the regular Ultra, but the limited has that just right package for me. I don't think or feel that the CVO's hold thier value any better than the non CVO's. They just start at a higher cost. I had my 06 for almost 8 years and was able to get 50% of the original MSRP back in trade. Would have been about the same percentage if it had been a regular Ultra.
 I'm sure glad I traded it when I did as I got a call from my dealer that when they took my trade out for the pre-owned inspection the inner cam bearing exploded and trashed the motor. It had 38K miles and had given me no indications that anything was wrong. The wife and I had just returned from a 900 mile hill country ride the week before.  Maybe for once the Harley gods were in my favor.
2006 SEUltra ordered, born on Feb 10, recieved Feb, 28, 2006

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2013, 01:49:31 PM »

I just traded my 06 CUSE in for a 14 Ultra Limited, non CVO. Maybe I'm getting old, but most of the extras that come on the SE bikes just don't appeal to me as much as they used to. I still don't care for the regular Ultra, but the limited has that just right package for me. I don't think or feel that the CVO's hold thier value any better than the non CVO's. They just start at a higher cost. I had my 06 for almost 8 years and was able to get 50% of the original MSRP back in trade. Would have been about the same percentage if it had been a regular Ultra.
 I'm sure glad I traded it when I did as I got a call from my dealer that when they took my trade out for the pre-owned inspection the inner cam bearing exploded and trashed the motor. It had 38K miles and had given me no indications that anything was wrong. The wife and I had just returned from a 900 mile hill country ride the week before.  Maybe for once the Harley gods were in my favor.

I did the same thing, traded my 07 CUSE in for a 14 Ultra Limited. I really like the CVO Limited, the extra 12 grand put it out of the budget. My dealer gave me what I considered a fair trade-in value, I was mainly interested in the price difference. I have installed approx. $3,000 in accessories to make it my own. Its habit forming.

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2013, 03:11:17 PM »

:worthless:

skratch

• 1K CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2013 FLTRXSE2 Roman Gold/Burnt Emerald
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2013, 03:22:57 PM »

you have sold me, its CVO it is

we want details, and pics :D

:worthless:
I understand the concept of reality, but find it too confining as a way of life

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:59:21 PM by GC_Super »

BUCKNUT GREG

• BUCKNUT
  • 1K CVO Member
    • OH

« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2013, 07:27:33 PM »

Now thats a stand/up Bike... ;D

GC_Super

• Elite CVO Member
  • Great Ride!
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »

Now thats a stand/up Bike... ;D

LOL  Not sure why it did that or how to fix it. I thought it was a cool pic though as my trade in is the bike in the background.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 21 queries.