Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 CVO Limited turned alum. center tank trim parts question  (Read 2490 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
2014 CVO Limited turned alum. center tank trim parts question
« on: November 07, 2013, 12:31:44 PM »

Is the turned aluminum center tank trim on the 2014 CVO Limited available and if it is, how big of a job is it to install? I have a 14 Ultra Limited and wish to install that wonderful CVO Limited tank center trim on my bike. It might not be practical; Just wondered if anyone could shed light on this question.

Thank you

• My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge, when my information changes, I alter my conclusions
  • 5k CVO Member
  • monter le cheval de fer (French)
    • NC

• CVO1: 2013 SERK-Dressed in BLUE of course.
    • CVO2: 2002 Supercharged HD F150 512 RWHP
    • CVO3: 1956 BelAir Sports Coupe
Re: 2014 CVO Limited turned alum. center tank trim parts question
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2013, 08:12:28 AM »

If its on a CVO and not on all of the same models, you can bet your sweet taters its Vin protected. Many times you must turn in the old/damaged one. I have heard of using the 'it fell off on the road' story. Sorta hard to explain with some parts.
Most Honda Goldwing riders will blink when hit in the head  with a ball-peen hammer (sans helmet)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 10:58:02 AM »

If its on a CVO and not on all of the same models, you can bet your sweet taters its Vin protected. Many times you must turn in the old/damaged one. I have heard of using the 'it fell off on the road' story. Sorta hard to explain with some parts.

The turned alum. dash part that only comes on the CVO is a available and not protected. Not trying to duplicate or create a fake CVO just like some of the parts. Like the Slipstream parts. Parts that say CVO and paint are protected as they should be, maybe more.

Thank you

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2013, 03:52:34 PM »

If you're talking about the insert that attaches to the console (identified with the red arrow in the attached drawing), the parts listing I borrowed that drawing from does not show a part number for that particular piece.  The actual console is the same part number for both the CVO's and the regular Ultra, but the inserts vary by model.  The diagram doesn't show any fasteners, so I'm going to guess that it's an adhesive mounted part.

You may need to consult with the parts guy at the dealership to find out for sure if you can order the CVO insert.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2013, 04:04:02 PM »

Thank you Jerry, looks like its doable, next stop parts

This really helped

Page created in 0.128 seconds with 21 queries.