Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2014 CVO Limited saddle bag liner question  (Read 4919 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
2014 CVO Limited saddle bag liner question
« on: November 29, 2013, 02:22:59 PM »

I own a 2014 Ultra Limited and purchased the hard bag liners, like the ones that come standard on the CVO Limited. unfortunately the new liners don't come with instructions, just some Velcro strips to hold the liners in place.

I would greatly appreciate knowing the factory location for those Velcro strips: if anyone could post a photo of the inside of their bag with the liner removed I would be able to see the Velcro strip location.

I really appreciate the help, want to install correctly

Thank you
Scott

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: 2014 CVO Limited saddle bag liner question
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 12:37:06 PM »

I own a 2014 Ultra Limited and purchased the hard bag liners, like the ones that come standard on the CVO Limited. unfortunately the new liners don't come with instructions, just some Velcro strips to hold the liners in place.

I would greatly appreciate knowing the factory location for those Velcro strips: if anyone could post a photo of the inside of their bag with the liner removed I would be able to see the Velcro strip location.

I really appreciate the help, want to install correctly

Thank you
Scott

I would appreciate just knowing the approx.. location of the Velcro strips holding your bag liners onto the hard bags. Example: Two on each bag, both on the sides, not the front and back. Center, down about 1 inch.

Does that sound about right?

Input appreciated

Scott

Midnight Rider

• AKA: TCnBham
  • 10K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2011 SERGU Rio Red (sold)
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 01:33:15 PM »

I couldn't swear to this, as my memory sucks these days, but I think there were two on each bag, located on the inboard side of each bag, about an inch or two down from the top lip, and about 12" apart, front and rear.  There may have been two more on the outboard side of the bags too, located in the same manner.

The liners are nice when you're not carrying a whole bunch of stuff when traveling, or when just sticking a few things in them around town, but if you're really needing to take advantage of every square inch of space for two up touring, you'd be surprised how much more you can stuff in them without the liners.  The most useful items for the saddlebags when traveling are the luggage bags, IMO.
Sometimes it takes a whole tankful of fuel before you can think straight.
I had the right to remain silent, just not the ability...

Gone, but not forgotten...2011 FLTRUSE with
Fullsac X Pipe w/2" Baffles
Legend Air Ride Rear Shocks
Traxxion Dynamics AK-20 Front Suspension
Clearview GT13 Windshield
TTS Mastertune

Grizzly

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • ON

• CVO1: '05 Jalapeno 1 of 692 sold
    • CVO2: '08 Duracell #601 of 1,800
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »

I couldn't swear to this, as my memory sucks these days, but I think there were two on each bag, located on the inboard side of each bag, about an inch or two down from the top lip, and about 12" apart, front and rear.  There may have been two more on the outboard side of the bags too, located in the same manner.

The liners are nice when you're not carrying a whole bunch of stuff when traveling, or when just sticking a few things in them around town, but if you're really needing to take advantage of every square inch of space for two up touring, you'd be surprised how much more you can stuff in them without the liners.  The most useful items for the saddlebags when traveling are the luggage bags, IMO.

Plus the fact that the travel bags slide into the saddlebags much easier WITHOUT the bag liners in place.  This of course is only an issue for me on longer trips when my travel bags are packed to the limit.  Just sayin'.
ALL 10 Provinces & ALL Lower 48 States ridden on "MY" bike

NW Territories and Alaska, here I come!

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2013, 02:45:51 PM »

Thank you; I have the HD travel bags for my long hauls, just wanted the bag liners for the rest of my riding. They are expensive but IMHO worth it. I am also adding the deluxe tour pak organizer that uses the same lining. Thanks for the input, I never thought of two on the one side. Thanks

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2013, 02:48:20 PM »

These instructions weren't included? - Molded Saddlebag Liner Kit... or is that not the liners you're speaking of?

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 03:45:29 PM »

These instructions weren't included? - Molded Saddlebag Liner Kit... or is that not the liners you're speaking of?

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

The liners for the 2014 bags carry a different part number, but I would imagine the instructions should be very similar.  Looks like three pieces of Velcro on both sides of each liner, none on the front or rear.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 03:49:36 PM »

The liners for the 2014 bags carry a different part number, but I would imagine the instructions should be very similar.  Looks like three pieces of Velcro on both sides of each liner, none on the front or rear.

Jerry
I guess we'll chalk that up to another "Project Rushmore" addition... no instructions for the new products. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2013, 03:55:05 PM »

I guess we'll chalk that up to another "Project Rushmore" addition... no instructions for the new products. :D :D

Ride Safe,
Fired00d

;D  :2vrolijk_21:    Very good point Gary.  It appears Harley rushed a whole lot of stuff and left the detail grunt work for "whenever".  I've noticed the same thing when looking up many other new for 2014 accessories; no instruction sheets on the online product description pages like the ones that exist for the earlier stuff.  Probably fired the guy or gal who used to do that stuff to help fund the CEO's end of year bonus.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2013, 04:55:33 PM »

The 2014 "Premium" molded saddlebag liner kit did not come with the instructions, I checked online and they don't show them their either. Interesting note, the build date on the accessory was April, 2013. The 14 Liners are different cuz the bags are different. They only came with 1 Velcro kit and that kit only had 4 strips of Velcro. I assume the 14's only use two peace's of Velcro on each bag? fortunately, I have some extra Velcro that I had purchased for another project, if needed I can sure use more than two per page.

Looking to hear from a 14 CVO owner to tell me how many Velcro strips were used on their bike

Greatly appreciated

Scott

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 24 queries.