Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Leaking for the 3rd time  (Read 12435 times)

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 Ultra
    • CVO2: 09 Fatbob
Re: Leaking for the 3rd time
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 07:11:47 PM »

Update: Now I have a court date, they are trying to get it dismissed, it is not going to happen and its nice having a lawyer in the family!

RonandJanet

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2014, 01:21:00 PM »

Wow I am so sorry to read about your problems. It is odd that they would replace an engine in one case and fight so hard in the other.  I am going to keep a close eye on mine to make sure all is good.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2014, 01:54:17 PM »

Wow I am so sorry to read about your problems. It is odd that they would replace an engine in one case and fight so hard in the other.  I am going to keep a close eye on mine to make sure all is good.

That would be how any normal rational person would think.  However, I don't remember anyone suggesting H-D and it's "leadership" was normal or rational.  Or maybe the guy who authorized the replacement engine due to an internal coolant leak was on vacation when cowboy's case was discussed, and his replacement was a recent graduate of H-D's training class for customer service employees.  You know, the class where they teach them to disavow knowledge of any such problem in the history of the known universe, followed by advice to go back and talk to their dealership.

Jerry

Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Puma

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2014 FLHRSE Dragula 2, SESTP, C&C Fastback
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2014, 02:02:40 PM »

Contact H-D Customer Service, not just the dealer.  It may not get the bike fixed properly, but I'm pretty sure most lemon laws require giving the actual manufacturer the opportunity to intervene.

Jerry
That is true in NJ where the original poster is from. I initiated lemon law on a Vulcan 1600 five or six years ago. I had to notify Kawasaki and THATS when stuff got fixed. Traded that bike on a Heritage that never gave me a problem.
2014 CVO Road King: Titianium/Black, Dragula 2 (2-1), SESTP, C&C Fastback

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #34 on: December 14, 2014, 07:01:28 AM »

For the state of NJ, you have to send the manufacture a last chance to fix the bike letter. That was done over the summer. If the problem continues which it is, you then can file for the lemon law,  consumer affairs has to approve it first. Once they approve it, you have to pay a $50 fee. They then process the paperwork and set up hearing date.

In my situation for the lemon law, my bike falls under the amount of days in the shop and 4 times in the shop for coolant issues. I started the lemon law on the 5th time I had troubles with it.

They have been talking to me but I can not go into that part right now.

cowboy7123

• Senior CVO Member

« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2014, 06:43:38 PM »

WE HAVE COME TO AN AGREEMENT, MORE TO COME ONCE THE PAPERWORK IS DONE.

Camojeeper

• Steve
  • Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2014, 07:26:02 PM »

I had to do a lemon law a few years back with chevy. It's a long road but they will get you fixed up. Post some pics of your new bike. The one I assume you are getting.

Steve
2007 FLHTCUSE2 110"  Rinehart Tru Duals,Hypercharger Air Intake,Dynojet PC III Tuning,Performance Wheel Billet 21"/18",Painted the same color as the General Lee 1970 Hemi Orange
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 21 queries.