Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: CVO Limited Temptation  (Read 5456 times)

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
CVO Limited Temptation
« on: July 09, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »

Been waiting to see whats in store for the CVO Limited in 2015.  Been gradually taking my Ultra Limited back to stock and watching trade-in value drop all summer.  Well local Cool Springs dealer just got in two Red CVO Limited's that are beautiful.  Want to go look but probably best that I don't.  Tell me its too late in the model year to change and it'll take a huge value drop after new models come out and its last years model.  :)
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

gadgetz

• 1K CVO Member
    • MS

• CVO1: FLTRSE3 - Electric Orange & Vivid Black w/ Ghost Feather Graphics - Road Pig
Re: CVO Limited Temptation
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 11:32:50 AM »

Been waiting to see whats in store for the CVO Limited in 2015.  Been gradually taking my Ultra Limited back to stock and watching trade-in value drop all summer.  Well local Cool Springs dealer just got in two Red CVO Limited's that are beautiful.  Want to go look but probably best that I don't.  Tell me its too late in the model year to change and it'll take a huge value drop after new models come out and its last years model.  :)

Its too late in the model year to change and the 2014's will take a huge value drop after new 2015 models come out.   

:P
Charter Member Critter Gawking Society - Got Goat?

King Glide

• 1K CVO Member
  • It's still Good To Be King !
    • LA

• CVO1: 2016 Roadglide Ultra
    • CVO2: 2014 Ultra Limited
    • CVO3: 2011 Roadglide Ultra
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2014, 12:16:37 PM »

Now that he wrote it out above, see how dumb that sounds?

Most likely there will be little change in what we have today in 2015, go get one and use the words "2015 is coming and you won't sell these quickly after they come, so give me a discount deal today" and take one home.
Got another shark and there's blood in the wind.
Back to the dark side !
  Personalized Plate
         GD2BKG

jaysails

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 12:35:27 PM »

Agree with King.  I've heard the only real change is going to be colors, and maybe a price increase.  Of course your could always wait for 2016 or 17, as that's when you might see bigger a change.

TNCarters

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 CVO RGU
    • CVO2: 2011 Ultra Limited (Traded)
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 02:03:22 PM »

Guys, I was somewhat joking and partly wanted to let people know the local dealer had just gotten two Limited's in if anybody was looking.  I do like the red Limited and hope HD has something similar when I get ready to trade.  Thinking about changing houses right now so do not want to do both at the same time.
Ron
2015 CVO RGU
Burgundy Blaze

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2014, 10:30:29 PM »

I was going to wait and made the mistake of renting a 103 limited. While I was there I saw the blue 110 limited cvo and bought it that day. No buyers remorse. Best to stay away from looking until the new models come out or you may be riding with a smile on a 2014.

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2014, 12:26:56 PM »

Guys, I was somewhat joking and partly wanted to let people know the local dealer had just gotten two Limited's in if anybody was looking.  I do like the red Limited and hope HD has something similar when I get ready to trade.  Thinking about changing houses right now so do not want to do both at the same time.

We went through there a couple weeks ago on a three day tour and my buddy was talking trade with them but came home and lost the urge. They never called him back to press the deal and I was a little surprised. The car dealers will always call and work the deal.

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »

We went through there a couple weeks ago on a three day tour and my buddy was talking trade with them but came home and lost the urge. They never called him back to press the deal and I was a little surprised. The car dealers will always call and work the deal.

There are some dealers that are still stuck in the '90's thinking you will drag yourself back to them begging to buy at list or a premium.  Thank the good Lord our dealers (mostly) quit drinking that cool-aid.  SMHD and K'ville HD will give you a decent deal....and they will call you to check if you are still interested OR if you did purchase, will call to see how you like it....I like the dealers much better these days..... ;D

ultrarider123

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2014, 12:57:09 PM »

With the housing prices, you may do better to keep the one you have and buy that CVO.....you can use that argument anyway..... :huepfenlol2: :2vrolijk_21:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 07:36:21 AM by Haird »

RichardGee

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 06:10:58 PM »

I've been drooling over a 2014 CVO ever since I spent a week and 1800 miles aboard a rented 2014 Ultra (well, actually much longer, but this is really serious drool now)
My better half (who DOES love to ride as passenger) is NOT smitten by the ultra high CVO price tag and "gaudy" paint jobs...
Has anyone priced all the CVO extras to see what it would cost to build a CVO from the factory parts bin, just to get a better idea of the CVO 'value?'
Has anyone from the HD CVO team ever considered the possibility of allowing premium motorcycle buyers to pick their own premium paint job?
And this is more of a generic Harley question, as it seems almost every Harley color now incorporates some level of 'sparkles'  -  WHY do they do this? I'm not a painter; and it may well be that a premium paint job with sparkles is a true art... BUT, why not offer some classic solid colors?
Just askin...

waynel

• Hippie
  • Full CVO Member
    • LA

• CVO1: 2011 Electra Glide Ultra Classic
    • CVO2: 2014 Electra Glide Limited
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2014, 06:01:47 PM »

Richard I did a 2008 Electra Glide ultra from base model to as close as you can come to a C.V.O. including building a 96 cubic inch engine to a really hot 103 that would smoke any 110 stock. I spent 23,000 for the bike new, put 11,000 into it. I just paid 37,00 for my 2014. 3,000 dollars difference and over two years of my time. Pay for the C.V.O.. It,s much easier and not that much more expensive.

hawkeye4jw

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2014, 06:22:57 PM »

And a CVO will usually hold its value a little better then the other models. My 2013 CVO Roadglide still blue books for $33,000. 

Ride Safe
Jack

FLHTCUSE7

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2014, 06:30:35 PM »

You can always repaint it. If I keep mine around I will consider a good paint job. My problem is that I have another bike that is so much more fun to ride than the HD, so it just sits in the garage. By the end of the week I will only have ridden the HD 4,000 miles this summer.

srnoyes

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NE

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2014, 10:51:46 AM »

It's the same way with guns. Do you buy the cheaper base model and throw parts at it until you get what you want or do you pay more and get what you want directly from the factory. Either way you are going to spend a goodly amount of cash!
2014 CVO Limited - Present
2009 Road King Classic 2009-2014
1991 Yamaha Virago 1991-1993
1983 Yamaha Maxim 1983-1989

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2014, 08:56:16 PM »

I did what I call a CVO "Light". Purchased a new 14 Limited in Daytona Blue, I love the paint and really like most of the features from the factory. I then added the factory garage door opener, added the XM modular, the air wing luggage rack, the airwing slip stream floor boards, front and back. similar to the CVO style. Slipstream foot controls, premium billet shift rod, slipstream mirrors, Premium bag liners, CVO inner fairing turned alum. trim with matching CVO matching tank trim, color matched saddle bag filler strips, LED HD tail light like the CVO, the LED fender tip and quite a few extras that do not even come on the CVO. At this point the things I am missing vs. a CVO are the added power of the 110 over a 103, the premium power boom box amp, heated seat, lighted hand controls and power locks. The CVO does of course have higher end paint and additional chrome. I spent around $3,000 on my upgrades. Could you build a total CVO out of a ultra Limited for the same money as a new CVO Limited?.....Not even close. If you are happy as I am with what I consider a reasonably close in function bike to the CVO; you now can have a extremely well equipped and great looking ( IMHO ) bike without spending CVO money. This is not in any way meant to put down the CVO value, they truly are a great buy. Just illustrating how you can build a functionally light version of the factory bike for a whole lot less.
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 21 queries.