Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: CVO Limited Temptation  (Read 5457 times)

Jswerve

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3
Re: CVO Limited Temptation
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2014, 09:46:12 PM »

The limited is a great value and bike.

2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
|Color Matched Detachable Tour Pak | Fuelmoto PV | Dragos 580 cams | Dragula 2-1/Ghost Pipe | Cyclesmith 13's | Sachs heads | Yaffe Stealth III License Plate Frame| Long Angled High

East Coast

• Elite CVO Member
    • NY

• CVO1: 2011 FLHXSE2 Black Diamond/Crimson - SOLD
    • CVO2: 2015 FLHXSE Hard Candy / Smokey Quartz - SOLD
    • CVO3: 2024 FLTRXSTSE Golden White Pearl
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 12:04:25 AM »

Indeed they are. I'm contemplating picking up a new bike and two local dealers have one red limited each on the floor and are looking to move them quickly. One dealer has the bike marked down $4000 below msrp. Should I pick up a 15 Street Glide for 36+ or a fully equipped Limited for a grand less and set up the rear to detach and have the best of both worlds? Definitely something to think about.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 12:10:32 AM »

The limited is a great value and bike.
Agree, on another thread here some are complaining about their resale value with one even stating that they are "giving away" their 13 CVO RG for $31,500. As I said there if you bought a 13 car (or just about any other motorcycle) in the mid $30's it would be worth very low $20's now. Ask any BMW GTL or GT owner that just sold their 13 bike what they got for it or go read their forum about resale values...
Alan

Doniwin

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • FL

• CVO1: 2014 FLHTKSE CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2013 XL1200 Custom
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 02:35:15 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. I bought a new chevy silverado 2010, retail for a z71 4x4 off road with tow package was $35,000. I just looked up book value on the 4 year old truck and it books for $22,000. You could do this with any vehicle and come up with similar results. Boats, cars, trucks, RV's and motorcycles all depreciate. I love my toys but understand the investment is in the joy of the ride and they will loose value from the day you leave the dealership. I've had two street glides and was going to wait for the 2015 to come out. I thought they would make a cvo SG and they did. I saw the blue 2014 cvo limited and bought it and I'm glad I did. I do more long term touring now and just enjoy this bike. Best Harley ever, no regrets.

SDCVO

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • 19 CVO RG-12 CVO RG
    • CA

• CVO1: 2019 Mako Shark Roadglide
    • CVO2: 2012 Maple Roadglide
    • CVO3: 2019 BMW K1600 Grand America
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2014, 05:36:16 PM »

I was thinking the same thing. I bought a new chevy silverado 2010, retail for a z71 4x4 off road with tow package was $35,000. I just looked up book value on the 4 year old truck and it books for $22,000. You could do this with any vehicle and come up with similar results. Boats, cars, trucks, RV's and motorcycles all depreciate. I love my toys but understand the investment is in the joy of the ride and they will loose value from the day you leave the dealership. I've had two street glides and was going to wait for the 2015 to come out. I thought they would make a cvo SG and they did. I saw the blue 2014 cvo limited and bought it and I'm glad I did. I do more long term touring now and just enjoy this bike. Best Harley ever, no regrets.
Good for you! Congrats and enjoy.
Alan

Dr.D

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 09 SEDFB Sunrise Yellow and Black Quartz
    • CVO2: 2014 CVO Limited silver/orange
    • CVO3: 2015 Indian Vintage Custom 57 Chevy Blue
« Reply #20 on: September 08, 2014, 04:30:37 PM »

I bought the Sunset/Silver 14 CVO Limited and was worried that they might come out with a CVO Road Glide Ultra and they did. I have not seen the CVO version but the regular Road Glide was a let down for me. The small windscreen was far away and seemed to limit my view while seated on the bike. I am very pleased with the batwing CVO.

There is a lot of complaining on this forum about the new bikes and their pricing, projected reliability and resale potential. Quite a few are riding bikes with some age on them and I expect they like them very much. That is great for them but maybe they should drive one of these new ones. Possibly they are afraid to because they to will get the "CVO Limited Temptation". :banana rock:

What don't cost to much these days? If you want to see real depreciation by a new Aston Martin or Bentley. You could drop the price of two of these things in a couple of years. :D
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.179 seconds with 21 queries.