Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: anyone know of a solo seat available for a '09 springer????  (Read 1890 times)

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
anyone know of a solo seat available for a '09 springer????
« on: April 16, 2010, 02:54:44 PM »

Hey everyone,

I just got off the phone with C & C seats and they said that they do not have a seat that will fit the '09 CVO springer yet. I was wondering if anyone is aware of anyone else that makes one? I would really prefer to get one if possible. Thanks.

Gonz

• CVO1: '08 Springer 105th
Re: anyone know of a solo seat available for a '09 springer????
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »

Check out my futile thread about finding a solo spring seat for my '08 Springer  (at this very moment it's directly below this thread).  It sounds like there's a solo seat (not a spring seat though) from Danny Gray that might work.
Funny thing about weekends when you're unemployed, they don't mean quite so much.  Except you get to hang out with your working friends...

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2010, 10:33:40 PM »

yeah I read it but didn't want to hijack yours because mine is a '09. It sounds like in '09 they went to a wider rear tire than previous years so for some reason the seat is different.....at least that is what C and C told me.

themuse6

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 04:01:45 PM »

I've been through it. Not much out there except Heartland. Only in 09, were sharing the same frame as the rocker, so anything made for the rocker will fit! As for a solo, springer, your going to have to do some mods, because as well as the 240 R/W, there is also an offset, in order to align the seat with the rear fender. So RSD's kit wont work, but Hartland has a pricy but nice kit, if you want off the shelf, thats pretty much your choices.
Post your findings
Layne

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 04:40:41 PM »

I've been through it. Not much out there except Heartland. Only in 09, were sharing the same frame as the rocker, so anything made for the rocker will fit!

Have a look here http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=40474.15 and you will see that your statement is far from being right regarding the seat ;)

Greetings   Lolo

crowen

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 11:39:56 AM »

I've been through it. Not much out there except Heartland. Only in 09, were sharing the same frame as the rocker, so anything made for the rocker will fit! As for a solo, springer, your going to have to do some mods, because as well as the 240 R/W, there is also an offset, in order to align the seat with the rear fender. So RSD's kit wont work, but Hartland has a pricy but nice kit, if you want off the shelf, thats pretty much your choices.
Post your findings
Layne

Do you know specifically which Heartland seat will fit the '09 Springer?

Lolo

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '15 FLHXSE Carbon Crystal with Phantom Flames
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 06:18:29 PM »

Unfortunately none, according to my knowledge  :-\

leeinmemphis

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 07:28:46 PM »

well I've done some more digging around and still cannot locate a company that makes an off the shelf solo seat. I think I'll just keep the OEM seat and send it off to mean city cycles for a foam replacement to make it more comfortable.

harlee79

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2009 FXSTSSE3
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 10:20:42 PM »

so far the stock one has been ok on me.  I'd like a solo but havn't seen one off the shelf like you said, hopefully someone finds one.

2009 FXSTSSE3 -Screaming Eagle Springer
2003 FLSTSI - Heritage Springer

Creepy24

• Just got the apes on \m/
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2010, 02:00:19 AM »

Newbie here.

I was just at my Harley dealer here in Vegas today and my service guy called the lady at C&C.  She still says they have no solo seat, however they have a local customer who is going to let them cannibalize his seat in order to fab a pan to make a solo.  She told him to call back in a couple of weeks to check on the progress.  I would like to be a guinea pig as well.  It seems like many things will fit alot of bikes, except it usually says "not yours!!!" ugh. ahhh, the price we pay for exclusivity.   If anyone knows the lady at C&C, maybe they can back up this story.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 02:08:00 AM by Creepy24 »
09 CVO Springer - black n emerald
14" Carlini apes

Page created in 0.143 seconds with 25 queries.