Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: I'll take a Ford any day  (Read 3291 times)

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
I'll take a Ford any day
« on: January 25, 2006, 08:40:47 AM »

Picked up this new Lariat Supercab yesterday for $27490.00 the sticker was $35570.00, its loaded, even has factory Sirius radio free for six months.

20" wheels

JCZ

• Global Moderator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • AZ

• CVO1: 04 SEEG...sold
    • CVO2: 10 SESG...sold
    • CVO3: 13 FLHTCSE 8
Re: I'll take a Ford any day
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 09:45:26 AM »

Nice truck. [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  I have the same truck in the F-350 FX4 Dually version running with a diesel.

I've added the walnut burl dash, stainless steel fender trim and billet grill, too.
Never trade the thrills of living for the security of existence.  Remember...it's the journey, not the destination!

West Coast GTG   
Reno, NV (04), Reno, NV (05),  Cripple Creek, CO (06)  Hood River, OR (09), Lake Tahoe, CA (11) Carmel, CA (14), Ouray CO (15) Fortuna, Ca. (16)

BLM777

• 1K CVO Member
  • Who says 110's won't run? SofA 777

• CVO1: FXSTSSE3 Black Diamond/Emerald Ice
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 09:50:10 AM »

Nice truck Jim.  Seems like all the FL dealers are dealing like crazy right now.  I haven't been paying attention...is the car biz super slow?

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 10:18:34 AM »

Nice truck Jim.
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

VANAMAL

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SESG
    • CVO2: 2005 seeg banana
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 10:22:14 AM »

ford makes a great truck line. i have three   2-f250 and 1- f550 all diesels. all 4x4 . love that diesel torque. the truck i drive has the ats flip chip and stainless exaust. 750 lbs torque. the thing will burn both tires all the down the block!

ak

• 1K CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 10:31:23 AM »

Jimp;Hotrodsticher  is a friend who has same truck and is doing some cool stuff to it .Lowered,changing exterior trim etc. You got a great buy, i,m thinking of getting one also-AK
,04seeg,s 09 roadglide,09 ultra

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 05:00:38 PM »

I had a Ford one time.  Traded it to a Buddy of mine for dog, even up, so I wouldn't have to walk alone, anymore!!! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 05:04:46 PM »

Hubbard   Saw your name out on the home page for this thread and I just knew your contribution would not be pro-Ford  What is it about you Chevy guys that makes you so easy to spot ?

Big Brian

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2006, 05:53:02 PM »

We're always in the Front! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]Later--HUBBARD
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

jimp

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2006, 06:26:46 PM »

I had a Chevy one time and the brakes went out, I jumped out and never saw it again.

Fatboy

• 1K CVO Member
  • "Orange Crush" 94Hp / 119Tq
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2006, 06:27:29 PM »

We're always in the Front! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]Later--HUBBARD
---------------------------------------------
Noooo..........

It's the silly Bow Tie.  ;D

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2006, 06:39:13 PM »

[highlight]It's the silly Bow Tie. [/highlight]    Good one Fatboy   I've seen a couple of pics of Hubbard in posts on the site and thinkin of him in a bow tie with a sleeve less t-shirt is  mucho [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2006, 07:26:32 PM »

Here's a good read.  My brother inlaw works for Ford Engine Design.

I received a plant tour request from a security detail in Iraq. With the
request came a couple of interesting stories on Super Duty performance in
Iraq. I'd like to share these letters with you.

"We were returning to a Camp down in Baghdad last March and as we went under an overpass we came under heavy machine gun fire.  I had 6 F350's under my control at the time. Anyway, to put it bluntly, I had my ass handed to me. Out of the 6 trucks I had,  one was undamaged, one had to be destroyed because we couldn't turn it right side up, 3 had all four tires blown out and the radiators were shot up, including one with holes in the engine block and losing oil and transmission fluid, and the 6th vehicle (Mine) had the windshield blasted out, holes in the side, and had a luck shot hit the wiring harness

Jock

• Keep the Faith!
  • Photographer/Historian
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Are You Valley Experienced?
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2006, 09:23:09 PM »

My issue with Ford is not of a usual nature...

To make a long story short, there was a service representative at a Ford Dealership that made the statement to my wife, after expressing her concern regarding service, "You make it sound as though "I RAPED YOU!!!"

He then proceeded to express additional comments regarding that statement of concern...

My wife walked out, called me, I called the dealership and contacted the Ford Motor Company.  The dealership stated "we will look into the matter and call you back", however we never heard from them...Believe me, I called...

The Ford Motor Company Representative stated "I'll pass it along to my supervisor."  After several attempts to contact them and no return phone calls, I dismissed that attempt.

Finally, I went to the dealership and confronted the person who made the statement...My exact words, which are still on a portable recorder were, "If you ever make a statement like that again to my wife, I will ensure it is the last time you think of rape."

Some may say, it was a poor choice of words on both parts, however were there is smoke there is fire in my opinion.

Apologies for the rant, however this one struck a nerve.

I can not state that I am totally without a Ford Product since I have a Ford Company owned vehicle which I have not control.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2006, 09:55:17 PM »

Two very interesting stories.  I'm glad Mr. Powell, and all but one of his crew got back alive, and I'm sorry Jock's "better-half", was insulted by an employee of an employer, who obviously doesn't care who, or what, works for him.  Trust me, the NBLR, and N.O.W., will teach you proper communication skills, in short order, too!  My gripe with FORD lies with the "Ford Foundation", which contributed $300,000.00 to Ken Hechler, an "environmentalist whacko", here in WV, to try and put a stop to "Mountain Top Removal", Surface Mining.  I bet Ol' Henry flipped and flopped in his grave, over that one!  Most of the Coal Company Officials in the Mountain State, ride GM Products now.  Ford Trucks just won't hold up like GMC's and Chevy's do, in the Business of running parts to the Surface Mines, in WV, and Ky, where the roads are extremely rough.  At least, not for my Business.  Like I said, I bought one Ford, but no more.  That's not to say they are an inferior product, overall.  Just won't stand the abuse, as opposed to GM, in my little segment of the Business.  Later--HUBBARD    
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.157 seconds with 21 queries.