Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Author Topic: Going to get flamed for this one!  (Read 5266 times)

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
  • There is no mistaking the Dominant Gene
Going to get flamed for this one!
« on: January 25, 2006, 10:19:03 PM »

Now is a great time to make big ticket purchases, especially vehicles and certain bikes. I am in the auto business and I can tell you that the automakers really are giving cars away, how much you save depends on how much it is marked up. Basically everyone is paying dealer invoice plus whatever the dealer documentation fee for vehicles. Definitely a buyers market.

Here is where the flaming will begin. I found while out looking at bikes the following...... A demo 05 30th Ann. Honda GL1800 w/comfort and ABS package...( in other words loaded, just doesn't have GPS ). New with 1200 miles ( never titled, used as a demo at the Honda Hoot ). It has a ton of add ons, to show what people can do to their stock Wings. It has the rear deck spoiler, fog/driving lights, a 6 disk cd-changer, cb, heated grips and some appearance items. The bike stock has an MSRP of around 22 grand. It is a nice bike. After looking at the Honda and then going to my local H-D stealer I looked at some Ultra's and considered the Screamin Eagle Ultra  and began to compare the bike in my mind to the GL1800. Even if they had the same MSRP, the Honda has more hp, is plenty reliable, handles better, gets better gas mileage and has things I will still need to buy for my SE Ultra to make it have the same goodies the Honda has on it already. With extensive mods I still would not get alot of the things, for instance electronically adjustable spring load in the rear. The list of things I could not do to my ultra without spending a ton of money are too many to mention and noone wants to hear about the Honda anyhowe.

What is worth mentioning is it seems like my local dealer figures I must not want the overpriced Ultra anyhowe, since whenever I am looking at them in the dealership noone seems like they want to sell it. If I have any questions I would have to go find a salesman??? If Harley wants to grow or even compete they really need to step up the Customer service end to make it worth the extra cash for less of a machine. I love my Harleys, but you know what? I am looking for a touring bike to add to the collection. The bottom line is I just made a deal on that GL for 18,900 and I got them to add a heated Corbin seat and the first service free on a bike optioned out would have an MSRP of around 25,000.........118 hp out of the crate!

For that same cash , Harley has to offer me a stock Road King for a touring bike ( about 65hp and no goodies) ...........Flame on my friends, ride a GL1800 a few miles before you do though, but be careful cuz you will buy it!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Screamin Eagle Race tuner
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned
Max Power 97.2 Max Torque 107.3

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
Re: Going to get flamed for this one!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:29:45 PM »

No flaming here Scott.  The modern wings aren't my idea of beautiful to look at.  But they are miles of ahead of what the MoCo has chosen to offer us in the way of options, accessories, convenience and even power and ride-ability.  Lots more actually usable bells and whistles.  Safety things like ABS and turning headlights.  And really too many other things to list.  I've ridden a few.  They're a bit high in the saddle to my taste; but that's likely just because they're not what I'm used to.  But everytime I've been on one I've had the same thought; there's nothing to complain about regarding the machine itself.  If something happened to cause me to choose anything other than an HD my first choice would be a modern Wing.  Bang for the buck they're hard to knock.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2006, 11:00:28 PM »

Scott, Flaming you would serve no purpose since you have obviously made your choice. but you like a lot of other people miss the point. Rather than give you the tired old line about "if I have to explain, you wouldn't understand" I will attempt to explain. First off, ride whatever you chose with pride and respect for the other guy's ride. In my dotage, I hold out the two fingered salute to anyone who passes going the other way irregardless of make or model, since if you're on two wheels you understand more than the folks on four wheels do. As to the passion for Harley-Davidson. To me at least, it is not about high tech it is the opposite. I love seeing the motor exposed, I love the push rod covers and the oil lines. It's like the hot rod hobby in that respect. Seeing the mechanicals is a big part of the enjoyment. As to the performance,yes I like to get the most I can out of what H-D has to offer, but there's something more to it than all that. The sound and feel of a H-D is something almost primal. I often wonder if it reminds us fanatics of being in our mother's womb with the sound of the engine replacing that of the heart. Each of us who owns a Harley finds a way to make it our own. Whether that be through the products that the MoCo offers, or the huge aftermarket, we put our stamp on our rides. Yamaha is cashing in on this idea via their commercials highlighting customized Road Stars etc ( I could be wrong about the model) There is something very American about individuality, it is something we argue and debate and yet even in moments of exasperation nonetheless embrace. While there may be many thousands of Harley's out there, they still speak to that spark of individualism in all of us. And I do not discount the National Pride. Harley-Davidson is a symbol of our country. One of the last remnants of the great American Industrial Machine that once ruled the world's trade in things of substance. And so it is with all of these things; some very near the surface of our thoughts and some more instinct that we spend more than we need for a product pehaps not as good as others, but nonetheless one that speaks to our souls.

Big Brian

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2006, 11:11:06 PM »

i think SPIDERMAN said it pretty well, ride what "moves" you, i'd rather see you happy on a wing than unhappy on HD or worse yet in a cage.  i admit i'm always joking that a wing aint a bike cause its got more gadgets than most cars but flame you, nope aint gonna do it
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 11:13:38 PM »

Spiderman I have the same passion for the Harley as you do. I really LOVE my CVO Fatboy! I understand everything you are saying. I would never own a Honda as my ONLY bike, but for a three bike family with two riders with their own expression already on their own hogs.........the Honda could not be a finer choice for the third slot in the garage for going those longer distances 2up and geared down than I would care to make on my Silver Sled......luggage , comfort things for the long journey etc, the point of a touring bike.If I only could have one bike, the Harley would win over anything out there. Like I said a great 3rd bike in the collection!
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 11:14:22 PM »

VERY Well said SPIDERMAN [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

OTIS

• MEMBER # 806
  • Elite CVO Member
  • Global President Hillbilly Rocket Riders

• CVO1: 05 CVO Banana
    • CVO2: 06 CVO V-Rod
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 11:57:07 PM »

What will be flaming will be your' a$$ when you decide you don't want it any more.

OTIS ;D
Fastest member of Hillbilly Rocket Riders

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2006, 12:01:06 AM »

there you have it folks........a politically correct passionate SPIDERMAN.  What a great retort.  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 12:03:30 AM »

I hope noone thinks that I am dismissing H-D in any way. I am just suggesting that they could do more. I am one of those guys who just happens to think the money in my wallet is important no matter what the amount is. I bet that if I recieved great customer service by the salesmen at my local H-D dealer the salesman may or may not have been able to convince me to buy a touring bike from him that day, but if he had taken just a moment to qualify my desires he would have at least prevented me from buying the Honda that day. I spend alot of time and alot of money at that dealership and I love it there. Six months ago I inquired about ordering a SEUltra, they pretty much just dismissed my question...........is it because I am only 33? I am not sure what the problem is. Honda treated me like a buyer where Harley treated me like a browser. Maybe the Harley is beyond my reach? Yet I have one of the most expensive models they ever made in THEIR service department.............seems bass ackwards to me. I learned a long time ago about what happens when we stereotype individuals. I admit to feeling almost embarrassed just even considering a Honda. My truck pulled into the Honda dealership with a big Harley emblem on the spare tire cover, big Harley decals in the windows.  Almost everything I own says H-D on it somewhere including most of my clothes........and still I baught a Honda. That would wave a huge red flag to me if I were in marketing or R&D over at H-D. If I was searching for a cruiser.......Honda would have no chance at all. If I was searching for anything other than a touring bike that I am not ever going to mod and just throw tons of miles on until she quits they could not earn my business. Stock 88 inch Road King VS GL1800 from here to California for the same money is a tough sales pitch for anyone. Believe me I sell Volkswagons and do ok with it and talk about a tough sell........lol. But at least give me a chance, don't send me out the door with my money still in my pocket to obtain a Honda........that's just bad business that has nothing to do with bikes.
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

RedFXR2

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 08:35:28 AM »

I hold out the two fingered salute to anyone who passes going the other way irregardless of make or model, since if you're on two wheels you understand more than the folks on four wheels do.

Same here.

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 08:35:31 AM »

Two things set Harley owners apart from Honda Gold Wing buyers. Spiderman covered most of the good stuff and said it very well. In my mind, I choose to ride a Harley Davidson because it is an expression of my individualism. That's why H-D owners buy thousands of dollars in aftermarket parts. To make it their own and a statement of who they are. Second, we buy Harley to be a part of the culture. Harley has grown a following of loyalists that now reaches around the world. People with a common bond and a feeling of being a part of something very important. Honda has not gotten to that point and may never. Yeah, there are a few Wing gatherings around the country but not to the magnitude H-D owners unite to share the adventure, share the enthusiasm and share themselves.
Enjoy your new Wing Scott. It's a technology masterpiece that Harley may never match. We'll be here waiting when you get ready to come back to the family. 8-)
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2006, 09:40:10 AM »

[highlight]I am just suggesting that they could do more.[/highlight]

Scott,  like I said in my first post  you just don't get it. As far as the MoCo is concerned they can't do more or they'll lose their identity and their customer base. Let me put it to you on more basic terms. If the significant other in your life said " oooooooh baby I love it when you do that" would you keep on doing it or not ? As to the treatment you recieve by the dealer. They are not all the same. Two pieces of advice. Find one where you do get treated the way you want and stick with them. That means when you have an issue, schedule an appointment with the General Manager and politely and firmly state your issue in non emotional terms. I would imagine people who have read some of my posts cannot picture me doing that, but I do and it works. Why ? Because when I am pleased I say and do nice things. After my crash in June, my dealer was instrumental in settling the claim with my insurer. I gave the GM of the dealership $250 to buy pizza and soda for the entire dealership for lunch. No big deal when you look at what they did for me, but it was appreciated up and down the ranks at the dealership. You wouldn't bitch your old lady and kids out all the time and never praise them ( well if you do you don't deserve either) When you're involved with something as passionate as this thing we do, you have to take care of all facets of the relationship and your dealer is a big part of that.So while I will not diss you or your ride Scott, you are a salesman, in your view of the world, everything has to be able to work on the basis of the bottom line and this just isn't about that.

Ride Far, ride often, ride safe
                                         Big Brian  ;)

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2006, 10:56:51 AM »

Part of what the MoCo has done for us is creating enduring value. The value of the bikes we buy today and their value one, two or three years down the road has historically been strong. They're much stronger than any of the metric competitors. The phenomenon that makes that possible at least partially is H-D's commitment to tradition and avoidance of fads and gimmicks. Because of that, we are willing to invest in the products with confidence we'll be in a position to recover a reasonable portion of it when we trade. I got back 100% of what I paid for my Road Glide when I traded it in on my SEUC after 18 month of ownership.
Honda's technology is undisputable. It's the value that keeps many riders from taking a chance with them. Example: right now on eBay you can buy a brand new '06 GL1800 like Scott bought for $15,999 (Buy It Now). And Scott thought he got a good deal. That's a bike with an MSRP well over $20K. This price cutting destroys customer confidence. It's the same selling strategy that has ruined the American auto market. A two year old GL1800 can be bought anytime for $11 to $12K. That's a 50% loss in 24 months. Several Honda dealers in my area still have new '04's sitting unsold. Same thing happened to my '05 Tahoe. Will I buy another one? No way. Once burnt but not willing to jump into the fire again.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

mr_magoo

• 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 04 SEEG Orange & Black All Attitude
    • CVO2: 08 CUSE Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver the Cruiser
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2006, 01:18:07 PM »

Hey don't feel bad different strokes for different folks.  I keep looking at a BMW GS 1200R and she keeps saying no.  I would agree with Naitram any bike what ever brand it is still better than a cage.
2008FLHTCUSE3 Copper Canyon & Stardust Silver
Freedom Gear drive cams, Elite D Exhaust.

2004 SEEG Pumpkin
freedom exhaust
power commander
W/ American legend trailer<br

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2006, 01:23:09 PM »

I hope noone thinks that I am dismissing H-D in any way. I am just suggesting that they could do more. I am one of those guys who just happens to think the money in my wallet is important no matter what the amount is. [highlight]I bet that if I recieved great customer service by the salesmen at my local H-D dealer the salesman may or may not have been able to convince me to buy a touring bike from him that day, but if he had taken just a moment to qualify my desires he would have at least prevented me from buying the Honda that day. I spend alot of time and alot of money at that dealership and I love it there. Six months ago I inquired about ordering a SEUltra, they pretty much just dismissed my question...........is it because I am only 33? I am not sure what the problem is. Honda treated me like a buyer where Harley treated me like a browser. Maybe the[/highlight] Harley is beyond my reach? Yet I have one of the most expensive models they ever made in THEIR service department.............seems bass ackwards to me. I learned a long time ago about what happens when we stereotype individuals. I admit to feeling almost embarrassed just even considering a Honda. My truck pulled into the Honda dealership with a big Harley emblem on the spare tire cover, big Harley decals in the windows.
2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,
"National President"-"Hillbilly Rocket Riders", MC, Mother Chapter, WV
"National President"-"W.H.O.R.E", TPT, WV Chapter

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2006, 01:53:35 PM »

I think Spider and Hub' pretty much answered from this side of the street. My thoughts are Harley is an American Icon, and it has 'soul', and no doubt the most loyal ownership on two wheels bar none. Sure, they've got problems and they're pointed out here often. But, hey've been around 100+ years. Honda is a quality product, but let's face it they started out as a copy of US cycles, just like the Japanese cars. If you want to blend in, ride the bus. [smiley=nixweiss.gif]

See: http://flhrsei.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?num=1137965646  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 01:56:17 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Screamin

• 5k CVO Member
  • Number 641

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2 Cherry
    • CVO2: 2019 Road Glide Ultra
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 02:47:55 PM »

Hell; I just like the shirts.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 04:07:11 PM »

What will be flaming will be your' a$$ when you decide you don't want it any more.

2012 FLHTCUSE7  (Electric Orange/Black)  Built Motor (124), D&D "Borzilla" Exhaust, Tilley/K&N Air Induction,

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 04:40:45 PM »

Not so fast on the resale value holding up on the Harleys.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 04:43:17 PM by spydglide »
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

RedFXR2

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 05:38:21 PM »

I'm a Salesman, too, they say, that just won't take NO for an answer.

RedFXR2

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 05:44:50 PM »

As far as losing $$$ on the Honda on the resale, are you talking actual dollars or a per cent of what was initially paid?

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 09:26:27 PM »

I agree with alot said. I just felt like this was a good opportunity to open up some good conversation about bikes, what we expect etc in general. I think Hubbard hit it right on the head when he talked about spite. I had to swallow hard and take the plunge to buy the GL. I also agree about it being more of a toy than an investment. I love my SEfatboy, this new ride provides the opportunity to "save" some miles. I want her to look as good as she does now 25 years from now when I pull her out for the short runs or weekend getaway on occassion. What I was seeking when I picked up with the GW is indeed a disposable bike. I will rack up a ton of miles, probably never clean it and basically abuse the thing. It happens to suite my particular needs in the touring department. My Harleys will not be ridden much less than they are now. I daily commute to work everyday and the risk of some Ahole in a cage cutting me off or crashing in to me is evident everyday. I wont be hurt in my heart so much if they smash the wing. I wont mind that its out there in the rain getting water spots on my chrome.If it were a Harley I would. I baby the hell out of my H-Ds because I love them with that passion everyone talked about earlier. That hasn't changed one bit.

One post mentioned the difference between a hotrod and a Lexus. I totally agree with him. I as a consumer already know I am not recieving much value in any product that I purchase although one may be greater than another. One thing I do expect is SERVICE. I am one of those who will tip equally to my bill if the food sucked but the server was terrific.

Maybe there is a generational gap between baby boomers and Gen X. I don't have a whole lot of history in real life experience concerning all things Harley like the introduction of the panhead and the shovelhead. I WISH I DID. I do LOVE H-D bikes, but I have two of em already in my garage. I have road across country on a Heritage Softail Classic and thats what made me want a touring bike. Then trying to keep biased opinion aside and looking at things rationally I shopped for one. I spent alot of time doing some research and trying to make a well informed unbiased decision. The fact the GL is a Honda made me put it off more than I should have. Already owning a couple of great H-Ds the selling me on individuality speel is not very effective. I already know all this, I can hang out and ride with any group I want to and get on my HOG whenever I want. There is a tiny piece of my soul that winces with a small voice telling me that "I can't believe I sold out to a Honda", I bet I will get over it when I get back from Cali on my Wing and fire up my fatboy a rip down to the local watering hole and talk of my adventure coast to coast and back........I just will keep hushed about the fact I did it on a Honda [smiley=ons_1.gif]

As for leaving the family and coming back...I have never left and will always be in it. I have only plans to add to my Fatboy and it shall never see another owner until I pass it on to my next of kin. I still have plenty of ideas on what I would like to mod on her!

I too always sort of felt like if I am gonna ride a GW I might as well drive a car, well it has actually become my daily commuter "car" ...........I was also exploring the option of a new cage...........but nothing floated my boat much .so my GW is also my new car cept it has two wheels still, which is always better than 4 no matter what the brand! [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

They say you meet the nicest people on a Honda..they don't tell ya they are all on a Harley though in the ad [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 09:47:34 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2006, 10:04:22 PM »

I agree with alot of the statements already made. Whatever you decide to ride is your prerogative. Fatboyscott owns more than one bike. And has said that if he could own only one bike, that it'd be H.D.
Yes, the Goldwing has more trinkets and is much more advanced than H.D will ever be. But does it have the WOW factor? No it does not! My best buddy owned an '03 Goldwing and always went on numerous MDA rides, rallys and tours with us. We switched bikes a few times, and their comments were always "wow that's pretty cool", our comments were just that's a nice bike (kinda vanilla though). Lynn said she would rather have a VW Beetle convertable. He owned it for one summer, sold it over winter and bought a '04 Roadglide and just bought a '06 SE Ultra. They say they have alot more fun on the Harley. He says that HD doesn't handle or brake nearly as good as the G-wing, but the ride is much more comfortable and enjoyable. I went to a wingding with him once, all very nice people, but it just didn't have the wow factor of a V-twin gathering.
  How many of us have gone to a car show? How long do you stick around looking at the 80's to present models? I believe we spend most of our time WOWing over the old muscle cars and rods. It's the American heritage that attracts so many people.

I too wave to ALL bikers on the road. I myself have owned sport bikes and muscle cruisers. I'd like a BMW for commuting (wouldn't wake up the neighborhood in a.m.)

I won't flame you sefatboyscott, but I won't WOW you either!

Take care and ride free, [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

Grover

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2006, 10:09:31 PM »

I have road across country on a Heritage Softail Classic and thats what made me want a touring bike. ]
I was riding acoss country on a softtail when I met two guys doing the same thing on a couple of those little HONDA Scooters.  So, people ride all different bikes, but the main thing is, they RIDE !!!   ;D Har!  spyder

sefatboyscott

• Senior CVO Member
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2006, 10:11:48 PM »

Grover I looked at the BMW as well. Your right about the wow factor indeed. (butI got one of those too!)The GW is my new daily commuter and serious long distance hauler. I dont want to abuse my babies like that and I dont quite have enough flexible income to get another baby just to abuse. With my passion for Harleys it would not be long before I was bankrupt from modifying the electra glide had I chosen it for a tourer. The Wing has no future "plans" other than being filled with gas and regular maintenance. I would rather drop my wallet into one of my babies and spoil it rotten while I abuse the bastard stepchild! The BMW just didn't fit me right in the ergonomics there is no other way to explain it, it's a nice bike too though.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 10:14:35 PM by sefatboyscott »
05 FLSTFSE
Caliber Pipes
Custom mapped Dyno Tuned

Grover

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2006, 10:18:57 PM »

Grover I looked at the BMW as well. Your right about the wow factor indeed. (butI got one of those too!)The GW is my new daily commuter and serious long distance hauler. I dont want to abuse my babies like that and I dont quite have enough flexible income to get another baby just to abuse. With my passion for Harleys it would not be long before I was bankrupt from modifying the electra glide had I chosen it for a tourer. The Wing has no future "plans" other than being filled with gas and regular maintenance. I would rather drop my wallet into one of my babies and spoil it rotten [highlight]while I abuse the bastard stepchild![/highlight] The BMW just didn't fit me right in the ergonomics there is no other way to explain it, it's a nice bike too though.

LOL!! [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]  One thing for sure though, you can abuse the hell out of Honda for years to come without any issues [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif]

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

• CVO1: FLSTFSE2 nebula yellow/ cobalt blue
    • CVO2: FLTRSE3 yellow pearl / charcoal slate
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2006, 06:07:18 AM »

The only other bike that i would like to own except a harley would be a triumph rocket III and that would be a second or 3rd bike.My dealer tried to sell me a brand new touring BMW for 22.000 euros when i went to order my fatboyse.It was 3000 euros below the msrp and had all the bells and whistles nice bike too but just not a harley.To me its not only riding but its riding a harley.The sound alone is enough to decide lol.But on the other hand Goldwing is a good bike and may satisfy your needs for daily commute.I only ride for fun and i dont commute everyday my work is at walking distance.There are people that have corvettes for the weekends but they drive something else to the work right?Heres a pic of Rocket III for inquring minds lol.2200 cc chit load of torque and hp nice cruiser not necessarily a tourer tough.
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #27 on: January 27, 2006, 06:08:16 AM »

another pic
Ridin Legend

altugo

• 1K CVO Member
  • Screw it let's ride!

« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2006, 06:09:23 AM »

and a customised one lemme hear what u think
Ridin Legend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2006, 08:12:18 AM »

Don't know why I didn't save myself a whole bunch of time and effort on my first post

[size=18]How many people have Honda tatoos ? [/size]

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2006, 09:47:21 AM »

Don't know why I didn't save myself a whole bunch of time and effort on my first post

[smiley=nixweiss.gif] ;D[smiley=huepfenlol2.gif] [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 09:48:04 AM by hd-dude »

displacing air

• Elite CVO Member
  • I am glad God answers no sometimes!
« Reply #31 on: January 28, 2006, 01:15:29 PM »

I see my Harley kinda like my wife...

Always having to fix it...
Very expensive...
Cold starting but warms up great...

Actually a pain in the a$$!!!...but I love er'
and kept her for 20years...the wife that is.

I love being part of the Harley family... :'(
2006 SEUC ...Watermelon Flavor!

CVOJOE

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • Life's a journey, why not enjoy the ride?
« Reply #32 on: January 28, 2006, 05:12:16 PM »

How about this one ?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2006, 05:14:06 PM by CVOJOE »
2003 FLHRSEI2. (Sold) :(

Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall.Torque is how far you will take the wall with you.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #33 on: January 28, 2006, 06:40:00 PM »

Can't think of a gentle way to put this.  This looks kinda retarded  :o

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #34 on: January 28, 2006, 07:12:38 PM »

Can't think of a gentle way to put this.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2006, 10:37:39 PM »

Yeah, 'er 'uh, SPIDERMAN,
  Well, it would appear CVOJOE has produced at least one!  Personally, I would rather see my Sister's phone number on the Bathroom wall, than have a Brother strutin' that Tat, and that'sa Natural Fact!  [smiley=xyxthumbs.gif] Later--HUBBARD

110tHunDer

• 10K CVO Member
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2006, 08:57:32 AM »

That is so [size=18]WRONG !!![/size]  My guess is that is probably attached to one of those kids driving a fart-can-mufflered tuner car, not a biker, but WRONG, nonetheless.

fatboyse2

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2006, 09:19:39 AM »

I sure hope that was one of those lickem-stickem tats or when they sorber him hp he might wanna cut his leg off [smiley=toilet.gif]
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 09:26:49 AM by fatboyse2 »

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2006, 03:03:27 PM »

Well here it goes my 2 cents. I'm 36 and when I started to ride on the street a crotch rocket was my choice. We as punk kids would laugh at the old men on those big slow cruising bikes and zip by them and whellie next to em and all that stupid young ,dumb and full of ... you know the rest. As the tickets and cop chases piled up I had to stop riding for a while couldn't afford insurance anymore. In my late 20's my buddy bought a springer and it was kinda like a wake up call, I looked at the bike for what it was not "my dads scoot" but a beautiful machine. At that point I had to get one, but I then was married and my ex wife hated motorcycles.Well this is the part of the story where my OCD comes in. When the ex'es father was sick and in hospice I took the oppurtunity to talk her into let me get a bike,being in a confused and sad state she really didn't know what I was doing. So I bought my used 99 fatboy and I was on my way. I then started meeting all sorts of people, at Marcus dairy at the softball field or just out getting gas. And all those people would just start shooting the chit with you because you had a Harley,you had some cosmic bond you didn't know you had.Then I ventured further away to all the big rallies, Laconia, Bike Week ,Biketoberfest and local rides as well. I have met some of the most amazing people that would do anything you asked just because you share a bike manufacturer and economic strata never was part of any of it.You really didn't care if you were a ceo or a plumber and he was a ditch digger it didn't matter you both rode Hogs. That is you only common thread when you 1st meet and thats how a lot of my friendships started. Now here I am posting with some strangers on the internet but yet I actually know not one of you. I share some banter with Spidey (I like his no BS approach) and the mods who will help with anything and Naitram with whom I have IMed and talked on the phone to. He is willing to drive 2 hrs to help me with my bar swap all I have to do is ask and I'm sure most anyone that is around my area from this site would do the same. Because I would do it for any of them no questions asked. In conclusion all this which is a huge part of my life because of Harley davidson,not Honda or any other brand. Harley owners are a tight knit brotherhood and I'm glad I'm part of it. So keep your faces in the wind Bro's and look forward to riding with some of you soon. Later,Q
« Last Edit: January 29, 2006, 03:07:08 PM by BigDaddy1569 »
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID

MOD MAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2006, 04:28:16 PM »

Great story I was in Conn. on my 06 Ultra SE this weekend

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2006, 11:43:36 PM »

[highlight]I was in Conn. on my 06 Ultra SE this weekend [/highlight]

and yours are made out of brass newbie   [smiley=huepfenlol2.gif]

MOD MAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #41 on: January 30, 2006, 12:52:26 AM »

This is number 8 as far as harleys go so who is the newbie

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #42 on: January 30, 2006, 02:38:59 AM »

This is number 8 as far as harleys go so who is the newbie

Mod Man, chill just a bit.  Newbie isn't a reference to time in the saddle or any other non-site status.  It's one of the grades we all go through here as members of the site.  Newbie is just what new members are until they get more than 50 posts (look under your name at the left).  51 posts graduates you all the way to Junior Member.  More than a hundred it's Full Member.  You get over 250 posts and you're suffering from a full blown case of Screamin' Eagle OCD.

MOD MAN

• FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #43 on: January 30, 2006, 07:30:33 AM »

Thanks

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #44 on: January 30, 2006, 08:49:15 PM »

whoa BigDaddy ! That's a like a month worth of posts in one for you dude. Sure hope that doesn't mean we're gonna be missin your two cents til sometime in March. You got that East Coast tude goin down dude and I miss it when you're not out there.  ;)

OK, not sure which made me laugh more, the Hondatoo or what you guys wrote about it.

;D  [smiley=banana.gif] [smiley=jalapeno.gif]

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2006, 08:56:50 PM »

[highlight]This is number 8 as far as harleys go so who is the newbie [/highlight]

I've been defended already, so I'll let it go other than to send you to the thread on "what did you ride before" When you read mine add a 1999 Buell Thunderbolt to the list. Guess that makes it like 22 or 23. Wierd I forgot that bike since it's still in my yard even though I sold it last June.  Oh yeah,you also missed the compliment on ridin in New England in January though. I'm not in the habit of telling Dudley's they've got brass ones.

PS   Ask around I LOVED bein the newbie - - - -Drove everyone nuts with it.

HUBBARD

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHTCUSE7
    • WV

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2006, 09:18:54 PM »

[highlight]This is number 8 as far as harleys go so who is the newbie [/highlight]

I've been defended already, so I'll let it go other than to send you to the thread on "what did you ride before" When you read mine add a 1999 Buell Thunderbolt to the list. Guess that makes it like 22 or 23.[highlight] Wierd I forgot that bike since it's still in my yard even though I sold it last June[/highlight].

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2006, 09:27:19 PM »

Hubbard  I sold the Buell to a Navy officer stationed in Japan. He has yet to have me ship it to him. The bike is in my mobile storage unit- - My LuxeRyder Hauler ( be nice Hubbard)  I don't open the Hauler so I forgot about the bike I only "owned" it for about a year. Rode it about 3,000 miles mostly around the canyons outside of Dago. Lotta fun, but I looked like your proverbial Gorilla doin the nasty with a beachball whenever I rode it. I bought the 05 SEVROD when I sold the Buell.

The Mysterious Q!

• Keep the shiny side up and ride it like you stole it.
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • This town needs an enema!
    • CT
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2006, 09:31:15 AM »

whoa BigDaddy ! That's a like a month worth of posts in one for you dude. Sure hope that doesn't mean we're gonna be missin your two cents til sometime in March. You got that East Coast tude goin down dude and I miss it when you're not out there.
When I grow up I want to be a SEEG 2002 FLHRSEI Rineharts Wild1 Apes Beaucoup Chrome Corbin Seat Wimmer Billet Breather and Spike Filter Beautiful Billet Power Commander PCIII USB LED Skull Horn Cover Skull everything Lyndall Z Pads Xtreme Machine Shredder 18's Metzeler ME 880's Xtra Lights HID
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]

Page created in 0.304 seconds with 21 queries.