Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Stowing Helmet(s)  (Read 2620 times)

MJZ

• 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 05 SEEG is on permanent vacation in CA.
    • CVO2: 09 BMW K1300S
    • CVO3: 2010 BMW S1000RR
Re: Stowing Helmet(s)
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2006, 01:16:41 PM »

I use a gun cable lock when I need to lock up my "real" helmet, but Harley of course offers:

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/gma_product.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441848339&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302290943&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302290943&bmUID=1139513514070&bmLocale=en_US
This is the one I put on all three of my last bikes. I have never used them either (in fact I am not sure I even know where the key is), mine just hang on the right grip.
Of course a friend of mine came back to his bike from a rally in Ark and found a nice pile of dog chit in his hanging from the handle bars. At least he hoped it was a dog. He is still trying to figure out how that damn dog got up there. (he gratuated number one in his senior year, the 6th grade.)

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2006, 07:35:51 PM »

gotta ask this  
                    has anyone on this site ever had a helmet stolen ?  I hang mine on my handlebars with my gloves and earplugs in it and have never had one stolen   Am I that lucky or is the whole lock up your lid thing overkill ?  ;)

Big B

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 08:32:29 PM »

gotta ask this

BobD

• Senior CVO Member
  • '06 FLHTCUSE
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2006, 08:38:52 PM »

Just never took that much interest to secure one before.
We will be remembered for all the rules we break.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2006, 08:42:01 AM »

gotta ask this
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2006, 11:18:03 AM »

spyder
            So the helmet in your avatar costs over $500 ? You need to talk to me an Beagle about Yankee Bargain huntin dude ! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

the thought crossed my mind about $500 wired for sound helmets. Hanging them on the side of the bike from a doo dad lock only insures that the person that steals it will have to replace the strap he cut to steal it.

Bottom line - - - - if your ridin with that much invested in a skid lid then put it in your tour-pak and buy the little key gadgets to lock your tour-pak rack to your bike and an alarm with a siren and pager and a disc lock and alway park in a well lighted area and - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The world is full of boogers and bogey's so what you can but in the end a determined proffesional thief will always take what he/she wants. That's why we buy insurance.

spydglide

• 10K CVO Member
  • spyder-psychle
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2006, 11:55:32 AM »

spyder
            [highlight]So the helmet in your avatar costs over $500 ? You need to talk to me an Beagle about Yankee Bargain huntin dude [/highlight]! [smiley=huepfenjump3.gif]

Bottom line - - - - if your ridin with that much invested in a skid lid then put it in your tour-pak and buy the little key gadgets to lock your tour-pak rack to your bike and an alarm with a siren and pager and a disc lock and alway park in a well lighted area and - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The world is full of boogers and bogey's so what you can but in the end a determined proffesional thief will always take what he/she wants. That's why we buy insurance.

Don't have to worry 'bout anyone stealing the 'pank' hat, and it's so small it'll fit in a saddlebag easily.  I don't ride w/ a tourpac (never owned one).  Since trying to get used to riding w/ the full face helmet, this was a issue (where to stow this large helmet) that is new and I was wondering what others had figured out.  That's all.  As far as the insurance deal, I'm sure my deductable would be more than the cost of a helmet.  spyder
2004 FLHTCSE Cobalt 'Huckleberry'  .....94K+mi.     &  1994 FLSTN 'OleGranny' .....116K+mi.

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2006, 08:07:28 PM »

Never woried much about where to put the full face (put on seat, hang off of grips etc.) because I always assumed that anyone riding a Harley would not be interested in a FF helmet.  Now if I had a realy nice half helmet would have to get a lock!!

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2006, 08:34:37 PM »

Johnny  - - - - that's what I'm askin here, has anyone ever heard of a 1/2 shell gettin boosted ?

And FYI  a certain world wide 1% motorcycle club requires it's recruits to wear full face helmets and that's all I'll say which is probably too much already

Johnny

• Senior CVO Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2006, 08:55:39 PM »

Spiderman - All kidding aside, I have know of someone haveing their helmet taken, infact there was someone who had their seat stolen and I think it was somone on this board that had their detachable trunk taken!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.428 seconds with 21 queries.