Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2  All

Author Topic: heelrests for FXDSE  (Read 8142 times)

Smurfsdad

heelrests for FXDSE
« on: June 08, 2007, 09:57:24 PM »

Have any of you installed heelrests on your FXDSE?
If you have, what ones did you use?

Smurfsdad

Smurfsdad

Andrea O

Re: heelrests for FXDSE
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 07:38:06 PM »

Dear Smurfsdad

I am looking for some as well.  I was going to buy the ones for dyna/softtail HD part # 50227-01  and put the knurled shifter peg on.... has anyone else done this??

Screaming Tuna

• CVO1: 2007 Screaming Eagle Dyna FXDSE
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 12:55:22 PM »

Andrea

I own a 2007 FXDSE and do not have long legs and I had the (same) problem of my feet sliding off the foot pegs at highway speeds. I have now installed the heel rest kit and knurled shifter pegs as you described (Part numbers 50227-01 & 34706-07). THEY WORK AND LOOK GREAT. Now my feet rest comfortably on the footrests without having to reach my feet forward or apply downwards pressure on the pegs to keep them from sliding or blowing off the pegs at highway speeds. Although an expensive ($155) fix to the feet sliding off the pegs issue, I'm glad I did it. My buddy is tall with long legs and he never had the same problem when riding my bike so I guess it's only a problem for us "short legged freaks"!

Screaming Tuna

Andrea O

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 05:31:07 PM »

Dear Tuna

Wonderful.. I cannot wait to buy them.  I also have the reach seat it works really well.

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 12:41:30 PM »

I have been looking for heelrests since the day I first got my bike. I didn't want to go with the Kuryakin pegs, but it looked like that was the only option. It seems that Screaming Tuna took the other route I was considering, and it worked. The parts catalog for the FXDSE does not list the part number for the forward control kit, so the dealership wouldn't guarantee that the HD part 50227-01 would fit. So, thanks for the info. I just ordered the parts online from Surdyke HD in Missouri.
Total with shipping = $135.87
Not having my boots sliding off the pegs and dragging asphalt = Priceless  :bananarock:

myfxdse07

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2007, 09:52:38 PM »

Hi can you guys that installed the heel rest post a few pics.  Also was the installtion easy and how do they perform ( not moving )?
Thanks

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2007, 09:31:22 AM »

Not having my boots sliding off the pegs and dragging asphalt = Priceless  :bananarock:

I've looked at 'em a few times.  Sat on a couple of parked bikes and they felt good too.  I already drag the pegs occasionally now, though.  Seems like if I added heel rests, I'd be asking for it all the time.  How much do they cut down your lean angles?

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

wizgee

• Vendor

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2007, 06:07:23 PM »

Just got finished putting the heel rests on the scoot... Unfortunately, I didn't consider one thing (and Tuna didn't mention it in his post either.)... The shifter pegs (pt #34706-07) will only work on the left side of the bike, since the back side of the peg is smooth. I went to the local HD house and picked up some Flame style heel rest kit (other styles available,) which come with a right and left side. Maybe HD will offer some knurled chrome ones in the future.
The installation was fairly quick - less than 30 minutes - and required only a spring clip plier, and a couple of 9/16" wrenches. Doesn't seem to hinder the lean angle much, but then I'm not pretending to be a crotch rocket rider on a Hyabusa either. In other words, if you're scraping the pegs now, you'd definitely be scraping the heel rests.
I'll try to get some pictures up in the next few days.

wizgee

• Vendor

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2007, 01:44:34 PM »

Just got finished putting the heel rests on the scoot... Unfortunately, I didn't consider one thing (and Tuna didn't mention it in his post either.)... The shifter pegs (pt #34706-07) will only work on the left side of the bike, since the back side of the peg is smooth.

I figured I better clarify the matter mentioned above. The knurled pegs will work on both sides. However, when you put the right side peg on, the design, tread, look (whatever you want to call it,) is the opposite of the brake pedal and peg.

Andrea O

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2007, 08:14:20 AM »

I also Installed my heel rest this weekend.  I ran into the backward problem as well.  Here is a picture of it.

HDbeerman

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 05:33:43 PM »

I've looked at 'em a few times.  Sat on a couple of parked bikes and they felt good too.  I already drag the pegs occasionally now, though.  Seems like if I added heel rests, I'd be asking for it all the time.  How much do they cut down your lean angles?

bc

The heel rest does not extend as far out as the foot pegs. It is however possible to have the heel rest lower than the foot peg so you have to be carefull where you position it. There is a difference between the HD and the Kuruakyn heel rests. One of them mounts in closer to the bike since it does not have an additional male mount. It changes the inner part of the peg and the mount together to keep the peg closer to the center of the bike (maintaining lean angle) and is also a cleaner look since it has less fasteners. Actually I think both HD and Kuryukan have 2 different "arms" for the heel rest so look close before you buy.

bc

• Full CVO Member
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2007, 07:41:55 AM »

The heel rest does not extend as far out as the foot pegs. It is however possible to have the heel rest lower than the foot peg so you have to be carefull where you position it. There is a difference between the HD and the Kuruakyn heel rests. One of them mounts in closer to the bike since it does not have an additional male mount. It changes the inner part of the peg and the mount together to keep the peg closer to the center of the bike (maintaining lean angle) and is also a cleaner look since it has less fasteners. Actually I think both HD and Kuryukan have 2 different "arms" for the heel rest so look close before you buy.

Thanks, I'll look again.  One thing, though - I thought the heel rest was always lower than the peg.  Who rides flat-footed?  Even footboards have a slant.

bc
'07 FXSTSSE

HDbeerman

« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2007, 11:41:52 AM »

Thanks, I'll look again.  One thing, though - I thought the heel rest was always lower than the peg.  Who rides flat-footed?  Even footboards have a slant.

bc

Yes you are correct but the heel rests can be set at different angles. So if you set it too low it reduces cornering clearance.

Tomhartzelt

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 06:01:34 PM »

I put the HD rubber and chrome heel rests on mine and found some pegs to match.  I am just more comfortable with the feel of rubber under my boots.  Probably a mental thing.  As for the heel rests, I have them at a slight angle down from the pegs.  This heel rest also extended the pegs out about an inch which got my feet out from under the brake and shifter.  To me, the difference was night and day.  Almost like being on my RK with floor boards and I think it looks good too.

Tom
2007 FXDSE
2006 RKC 95 Stage II

FCM

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2007, 02:16:56 PM »

Thanks for the info being vertically challenged has some disadvantages.
 :jalapeno:
Pages: [1] 2  All

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 21 queries.