Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: FXDSE Slip-Ons  (Read 2839 times)

Tomhartzelt

FXDSE Slip-Ons
« on: June 12, 2007, 09:56:55 PM »

Anyone figured out which slip-on mufflers work good for these bikes?  Don't want too loud but good deep sound and good performance.  I've been hearing that the Rush's are the way to go

Thanks
Tom
2007 FXDSE
2006 RKC 95 Stage II

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
Re: FXDSE Slip-Ons
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 12:28:44 PM »

I have the Rush slip-ons (pt # 14203) and they sound great. I'm waiting for my race tuner to get in (back ordered) so it can richen the fuel mixture up a bit. There is a lot of popping (back pressure releasing) when I let off the throttle, but, it's tolerable. The SERT should clear up a lot of the problem.
The only other problem I've been having with the new slip-ons is that the muffler clamps don't seem to be holding the mufflers in place. They keep sliding back. I've got the bolts torqued to 55 ft/lbs (according to the service manual,) but they just don't want to hold the torque. I'm going to put a small stainless screw through the muffler into the head pipe to make sure there are no large pieces of chrome flying off of the bike and hitting the vehicle behind me. Also, a little bit of blue Lock-tite might be called for.

Tomhartzelt

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 03:24:39 PM »

Thanks for the info.  Which size baffle are you using?  I'm looking to get sound with letting the engine reach some more of it's potential.  Don't want too loud.  I am thinking trying to decide between the 1.75 or 2.0 baffle. Did the mufflers match up with your pipe heat sheilds well?  Did your stock muffler heat shields fit over the mufflers?
2007 FXDSE
2006 RKC 95 Stage II

wizgee

• Vendor

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE - Silver Rush / Midnight Black - GONE
    • CVO2: 13 FLHRSE5 - Crushed Sapphire / Cold Fusion
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:11:48 AM »

I have the 2.25" baffles. While it's true that the larger the baffle the louder the sound, it's also true that the larger the baffle, the DEEPER the sound. I personally wouldn't go any smaller than the 2" myself, as the sound becomes too high pitched at smaller diameters.
The heat shields look like they might fit, but I haven't tried. The Rush mufflers are just a bit longer than the stock ones. They look great without the heat shields.
It's a BIG engine, that deserves a BIG sound. I have heard D&D 2 into 1 Fat Cats, V&H Big Radius, and straight shots on various FXDSE's and they all are louder than the Rush's that I have. They were all also higher pitched.
Good Luck.

soulfly

• Junior CVO Member

• CVO1: 2013 CVO Road King Anniversary FLHRSE5 #165
    • CVO2: (2007 CVO Dyna Twilight Blue Ice Blue Pearl/Granite)
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »

I too went with the rush slip-ons.  It sounds good, but exactly what you're asking for.  I am happy with mine for now, until I save for my vance&hines.
THE MORE SERIOUSLY I TOOK THINGS, THE HARDER THE RULES BECAME.

Tomhartzelt

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 05:55:20 PM »

I already put on the SERT with the factory mufflers and used the 1800 CVO with race exhaust download.  Bike is more responsive and I hope a little richer for break in.  Will get the Rush's and have dealer put on and custom map at first service to try and keep warranty good.  Just curious Soulfly, why you plan to go to V&H if you are happy with the Rush?

Tom
2007 FXDSE
2006 RKC 95 Stage II

Rides2007Harley

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2007, 08:31:48 PM »

As I posted earlier I went with the Vance and Hines slip-ons.  They have a very low deep thump but they are also very loud.  I have Vance and Hines on my 05 Ultra and these are much louder.  They sell "quiet" baffles but I have never heard them.

Tomhartzelt

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 08:37:47 PM »

I put the Rush slip ons with the 1.75 baffles and had it dyno tuned with SERT.  HP was 93, TQ 109.  Bike is very smooth with no TQ dip.  Throttle response is great.  Sound is just right.  Sending the Rush's back for replacement due to chrome issues.  Hopefully isolated case.
2007 FXDSE
2006 RKC 95 Stage II

sjhallmn

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE
    • CVO2: '08 Screamin Eagle Road King
Re: Map for stock '07 FXDSE with Rush 2.25 slip-ons
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 05:44:42 PM »

Just got the new SERT (32107-01L) and am looking for a map that would work with Rush 2.25" baffles.  Has anyone had a map done similar to this.  No other mods other than the slip-ons.  Thanks in advance.

Page created in 0.131 seconds with 21 queries.