Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Throtte Grip fadding ?  (Read 2329 times)

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE
Throtte Grip fadding ?
« on: September 13, 2007, 04:42:26 PM »

I don't think any of the other CVO bikes have the same grips as we do on our Dyna's so I'm posting this here.  I was wondering if anybody else is having a problem with the chrome fading on their grips? On Mine, it's happening on the trottle side, right at the top in and around the grove...it's getting a yellow/ brass look to it  :nixweiss: and it will not clean with a crome cleaner because it's actually wering the chrome off !  :'(   Anyway, just wondering if it was just mine, or if all of the Dyna grips were fadding chrome there?  I find it odd the grips would fade before the footrests would  :confused5:   Thanks  8)   

~Jack~ 

LRebel

• 2.5K CVO Member
Re: Throtte Grip fadding ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 04:50:53 PM »

Jack,
Don't know about the Dyna grips, but chrome is peeling off the end cap of the throttle grip on my 08 SEUC.  The chrome started peeling off when the bike was about two weeks old.  I called the dealer and they said "no problem".  I am waiting on a replacement side cover (scratched when bike came out of crate) and will get the replacement grip when the side cover comes in.
Are you sure that you are not having the same problem?.....chrome peeling off?

bpalmersheim

• Full CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 04:52:05 PM »

Haven't had that problem with my SERK, of course, I always wear full fingered gloves...  I did loose the chrome end cap on the throttle hand grip so that will have to be replaced if available seperately, if not I guess the entire grip will have to be replaced.
2007 CVO Screamin' Eagle Road King (FLHRSE3) 110" - Razor Red/Gold Leaf Flames

United States Army Retired (4x Combat Veteran)
CVMA, H.O.G. Member, Patriot Guard Rider

Jacktrician69

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 05:06:27 PM »

NO..it's not pealing it's definatly fading...I don't wear gloves unless it's cold, and so far every chrome part is good other than a small crack on the clutch case, I'll see if they'll replace it over the winter....

Rides2007Harley

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 07:55:27 PM »

I wear fingerless gloves and mine have not faded at all.  I have had to tighten up the end caps a few times though.

FLYNDYNA

• Dyna Screaming Eagle
  • 1K CVO Member
  • My Little Pepe` the CVO Donkey

• CVO1: '07 FXDSE V&H Big Shot Staggered SERT K&N A/C Custom Seat
    • CVO2: '09 Road Glide-waiting for lottery
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 11:37:58 AM »

nope, no fading or peeling. I don't wear gloves during summer heat, but go to fingerless in fall, full gloves when it gets cold enough. I have noticed heavy calluses developed on my inner thumbs ( probably a result of gripping hard from accelleration) can I get my thumbs chromed? New movie, the adventures of goldfinger/chromethumb...dag!
I am so non conformist I have conformed to non conformity
I was going to procrastinate, but I put it off

Page created in 0.379 seconds with 21 queries.