Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: King TourPak for '07 SERK  (Read 14964 times)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
Re: King TourPak for '07 SERK
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2007, 03:26:56 PM »

Another
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2007, 03:27:35 PM »

Last one.

Hoist! 8)

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2007, 03:32:38 PM »

Howie, Congrats on your award and more importantly the great trip that came with it. Question for you re your seat. When you talked to Corbin did they tell you they were going to put flames on the 07 SERK seat? As you may recall Becky with Corbin in Florida had originally told me they would do that. She was to have sent me some samples so I could decide if I wanted to try and match the braids/welts on the seat to my bike. Anyway I had not received the samples so when I was at a rally last weekend I asked the Corbin rep about the seats and samples. Corbin rep (John, also from Florida) stated that the new company policy was "no flames" on the 07 SERK seat. He stated that the 07 SERK seat would come with the stripe that is pictured on their web site, though we did have a choice as to the material for the stripe. Anyway was just wondering what the heck was going on as I keep getting conflicting stories. jj

Thanks jj! I've not gotten one indication from anyone that a Flame-stitched Corbin for the SERK is a problem. Rich 07 has one on his now. His has a slight clearance issue at the tank panel, which supposedly Corbin has corrected now. Is your problem a non-heated version. Both of our seats are heated. A heated seat needs some type of stitching pattern in it. Maybe that's the difference. If they won't make a plain one for you, just order a heated one. Can't come up with any other reason that you'd be having trouble getting one. :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2007, 03:42:19 PM »

but you can do so much more with a fairing

:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

SPIDERMAN

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2007, 03:47:04 PM »

Thanks jj! I've not gotten one indication from anyone that a Flame-stitched Corbin for the SERK is a problem. Rich 07 has one on his now. His has a slight clearance issue at the tank panel, which supposedly Corbin has corrected now. Is your problem a non-heated version. Both of our seats are heated. A heated seat needs some type of stitching pattern in it. Maybe that's the difference. If they won't make a plain one for you, just order a heated one. Can't come up with any other reason that you'd be having trouble getting one. :confused5:

Hoist! 8)

I bought a flame stitched Corbin for LD when I got back from MV last year. The rider backrest and passenger backrest are also flame stitched. I have nothing buy praise for the way Corbin treated me in ordering the seat, making it or delivering it. In my book Corbin is #1 

Now if only they weren't so expensive

B B

B B

ccr

• SEEG Cult Senior Member
  • 5k CVO Member
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »

Holy crap! Not! :P

Don't think I wasn't prepared for the onslaught! The Fairing just isn't going to happen. I think ya'll already know that. Neal secride it best:

YOU FD GUYS KILL ME! ;)

Hoist! 8)

And just for the record -------    I'm not a FD guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-- - - especially since he's in process turning his SERK into a sport tourer ;)

B B
Not that he will admit that he is heading down that path.

At least not right now.

Maybe not for a month or six.

Let's see what a year brings. ........

SBB

• 10K CVO Member
  • Go fast or go home! EBCM member # 2.36 .01%
    • CVO2: 2011.5 SEUC
    • CVO3: 2012 SERG
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2007, 03:54:47 PM »

but you can do so much more with a fairing

N

Whose bike is that?
Do you have a better picture?

:nixweiss:

2012      SERG  "Nu Blue"
2018      Goldwing   
2003      HD Electra Glide Classic Silver and Black, of course!                
2 2012   Suzuki Burgmans
2018      Shelby GT350, 963 crank hp, 825 rear wheel hp

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2007, 04:08:37 PM »

N

Whose bike is that?

Is it Mike's (Puzzled)? :nixweiss:

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »

N

Whose bike is that?

Yep it is. See this thread - Pioneer AVIC N2 install.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

naitram

• SMF Administrator
  • 10K CVO Member
    • MA

• CVO1: FLTRXSE2 "Marvin"
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2007, 04:15:40 PM »

as d00D said it's puzzled  here's his install write-up

http://www.cvoharley.com/smf/index.php?topic=12006.0
:cool26: naitram...

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2007, 06:50:30 PM »

And just for the record -------    I'm not a FD guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Candy. That was not intended as an insult, just a joke. And in guys, I meant like "youse guys", not a gender thing. But YOU FD GUYS AND GALS STILL KILL ME! ;D

Hoist! 8)

twojay

• Full CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2007, 11:21:51 PM »

Hoist! 8)
Hoist, I have had a flame stitched, non-heated,  Corbin seat for several months. When I noticed that the gap between the tank and the seat was wider than it had been when I first installed it I contacted Corbin and that is when I was advised that Corbin had initially sent me the wrong seat. That is also when the issue of flame stitching and whether or not one could get it on the CVO seat came up. I was initially told no flames on CVO seat but after I complained Becky told me they would do it since the original mistake had been theirs. However as I said when I talked to a Corbin rep last week  he said they would not put the flames on the CVO seat. Guess we will know for sure when your seat comes in. I may just go ahead and get the Corbin with the stripe down the center and try and match it to the blue on the black ice.  http://corbin.com/harley/king/hdrkcvo7dt.shtml    Seems like the only thing we know for sure is that if you ride it you will get a rear head gasket leak.  ;D    Oh well there are bigger problems to worry about than this. Flames or stripes it will still beat the stock seat. jj

lilbear

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: '06 VRSCSE2 - Yellow & Silver
    • CVO2: '08 FLHRSE4 - Black & Silver
    • CVO3: '11 FLHXSE2 - Black & Orange
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2007, 09:28:03 AM »

That's true Howie.  Not a full dresser at all.

(it's a MD [mostly dresser] {so where you gonna hang the radio next?})

Howie,

Like Twolane said, where you gonna hang the radio next?  Well, I don't care for the tinny sound of those little bullet speakers and since the primary concern was increased enjoyment for Martha, I bought her these and she is one happy camper!

The glasses hold a charge for about 8 hours and that's about long enough.  She sits happily back there listening to her selection of tunes.  A Micro SD card in her phone and a few hundred songs to choose from streaming music to the glasses.  Not bad, and she never has to tell me to change the music!  Very simple solution and no wiring required!

kb

• Elite CVO Member

• CVO1: 08 serk twilight/cobalt blue
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2007, 12:28:12 PM »

Hi Hoist. What color are you going to paint youre tour pak? I have thought of doing the same thing but can't decide what to do about color. I need help!!!  kb
kb

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2007, 12:39:43 PM »

Hi Hoist. What color are you going to paint youre tour pak? I have thought of doing the same thing but can't decide what to do about color. I need help!!!  kb

Thanks jj and Craig!

jj, I wanted to use adjustable passenger pegs to add to the floorboards that I put on. I think that's the way Terry did it on hyis. I'll PM him about that.

Craig, I like the music too! Those bullet speakers aren't bad if you use an amp with them. My friend has that setup (shown below) and it works well. She can always get glasses like that to use with a portable MP3 if she wants that too.

kb, I'm painting it to match my Hard Bags that I've already done. Black Ice paint with the Leaf Flames on the sides of the TP, the Marbled triangles on both sides of the raised portion of the lid, Raised Flames (like on my Hard Bags) in the recessed center of the lid, and a Screamin' Eagle Logo on the rear panel. That's what I envision now. I've not spoken to the painter yet, but we were on the same page when he did my Hard Bags.

I'll let ya'll know how things go. :2vrolijk_21:

Hoist! 8)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Page created in 0.224 seconds with 21 queries.