Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Author Topic: Re: Dyno Numbers  (Read 66163 times)

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
Re: Dyno Numbers
« Reply #105 on: May 04, 2007, 10:24:15 AM »

last dyno ( after market shop) only change with PCIII:
Rinehart TD
103 with zipper 575 GD cams
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Traxxion dynamics front end
Stage 1 SE AC

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2007, 10:24:58 AM »

more same dyno tune #3
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2007, 10:25:43 AM »

last for dyno #3
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2007, 10:27:53 AM »

have discussed the result in number form with others here (more experience than I) so I wanted the actual grafts. Bottom line are these good jobs, should I let it be, or do I need to find someone who actually knows what they are doing? thanks for everyones input  JOHN
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2007, 10:34:18 AM »

John

Your AF ratio's are all over the place. Take a look at some of the other dyno sheets posted in the SEEG forum and see how flat the AF ration is. A good tuner will flatten that line out right at 13.2-13.5. This bike will produce lots more if they tune it properly.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #110 on: May 04, 2007, 10:37:07 AM »

John,
The A/F ratio's on the first dyno sheet look pretty flat, but the other ones they are all over the place (up/down). Maybe someone that knows more about them can help explain that.

Also I noticed that you have a six speed and had wondered if doing the dyno in the wrong gear (if there is such a thing) would cause the numbers to be low. :nixweiss: However it appears that most of your HP/TQ numbers are consistent no matter who did the dyno.

I've attached a copy of my dyno below w/a before and after run. My numbers aren't among the highest that have been shown here, but I'm happy w/the tune, and if the chance comes along I would like to run it on one/some of the dyno's that are putting out higher numbers w/the same build.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:

:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2007, 10:50:52 AM »

Gary and Jim,
My dissatisfaction with the numbers was that I thought these were not the best "tune" jobs in the world from what I had learned from many of you here about what constitutes a good dyno tune. The bike ran better after dyno #3, but still feels like there is more beast to be had. My impression from others here that number of HP in high90, low 100's with torque 105 to 115 range would constitute what can be achieved. (I know Gary don't worship the numbers but it is an ego thing). But I honestly felt that I did not get quality dyno tuning now having spent considerable coin. If i lived in CA or in Memphis area I would have been okay with numbers knowing the quality of work done, but here north of Jax,FL there don't seem to be many quality dyno tuners. Next trip will be to Jim Brown of bragging rights in Clermont, FL since had him recommended by others here unless any knows somene closer. Thanks for input you reaffirmed my impression, John
Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

Unbalanced

• FUD Examiner
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2011 SESG,
    • CVO2: 2004 SEEG Pumpkin,
    • CVO3: 2002 Police Roadking, Maudie and Maybelle Slayer
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2007, 11:07:35 AM »

Otophile,

Depending on when you do this there might be someone for you to go to.   The dyno is just about finished at Seminole Harley and the shop steward just got back from Harley.   I am going to let him dyno tune my bike and I can let you know how it goes.

Jim @ seminole and I have had many conversations on the topic and I am willing to give him a shot with a clean map and see how his tuning does against my own tune with the Twin Tec / baseline dyno that he is willing to do to compare the two.

-harry

HBRR Florida Chapter,  STILL - The Fastest Chapter - Proven yet again Bikeweek 2017

hd-dude

• Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
  • 2005 Cherry FLHTCSE2 "Obsession"

• CVO1: 05 FLHTCSE2
    • Metal Dragon
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2007, 11:11:25 AM »

Gary and Jim,
My dissatisfaction with the numbers was that I thought these were not the best "tune" jobs in the world from what I had learned from many of you here about what constitutes a good dyno tune. The bike ran better after dyno #3, but still feels like there is more beast to be had. My impression from others here that number of HP in high90, low 100's with torque 105 to 115 range would constitute what can be achieved. (I know Gary don't worship the numbers but it is an ego thing). But I honestly felt that I did not get quality dyno tuning now having spent considerable coin. If i lived in CA or in Memphis area I would have been okay with numbers knowing the quality of work done, but here north of Jax,FL there don't seem to be many quality dyno tuners. Next trip will be to Jim Brown of bragging rights in Clermont, FL since had him recommended by others here unless any knows somene closer. Thanks for input you reaffirmed my impression, John

John;
If it were me I would ask the tuner to TUNE your bike or give you a refund. You paid good money for a dyno tune and from the AF ration you did not get what you paid for. You expectations for the final numbers are not out of line.

Fired00d

• Global Moderator
  • 25K CVO Member
  • Orange & Black SEEG... Can it get any better?
    • VA

• CVO1: FLHTCSE
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2007, 03:59:06 PM »

.... My impression from others here that number of HP in high90, low 100's with torque 105 to 115 range would constitute what can be achieved. (I know Gary don't worship the numbers but it is an ego thing). But I honestly felt that I did not get quality dyno tuning now having spent considerable coin. .... John
John,
I agree with you totally on the range of numbers (that would give allowance for dyno's and motor differences) that should be expected from the mods you have done, and I would say that would be reasonable expectations. I just feel that some people expect because so and so got the highest numbers that theirs should also get that, and it just doesn't happen like that. You can have two motors built the same day by the same people and one might do better then the other that is just the nature of the beast. My thought if your numbers fall somewhere in the ballpark of what is expected out of your particular build/mod and your A/F ratio is flat/constant and "seat of the pants" dyno puts a smile on your face then enjoy the ride. After seeing your dyno run sheets there is definitely room for improvement.

:pumpkin:
Ride Safe,
Fired00d
 :fireman:
:pumpkin: 2004 Screamin’ Eagle Electra Glide :pumpkin:
Rinehart True Duals
SE Breather
SE Race Tuner
HogTunes Speakers
Zippers 575 Gear Drive Cams
Zippers Pro-Tapered Adjustable Push Rods
Zippers Oil Pressure Bypass Shim
Feuling Oil Pump
Feuling Lifters
Zumo 550 W/Flame Caps
Lyndall Z+ Brake Pads
CVOHarley Member #1234
PGR Member #754 (Since '05)
Proud Member EBCM #2.0

HWYMAN1

• Basic 103
  • Elite CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2007, 05:29:00 PM »

Otophile,

Depending on when you do this there might be someone for you to go to.   The dyno is just about finished at Seminole Harley and the shop steward just got back from Harley.   I am going to let him dyno tune my bike and I can let you know how it goes.

Jim @ seminole and I have had many conversations on the topic and I am willing to give him a shot with a clean map and see how his tuning does against my own tune with the Twin Tec / baseline dyno that he is willing to do to compare the two.

-harry
Harry,
I appreciate the offer. You originally recommended Jim Brown with Bragging rights to me in December. Big lesson i should have listened then, it would have saved me alot of time , frustration, and money. I had planned on going to him in Leesburg but unexpected family issue came up. If your happy with what you get at Seminole HD let me know, I just want to go to someone who others trust and have experience with. thanks, John

Rinehart TD
Bitubo rear shocks
Baker DD6 transmission
Stage 1 SE AC

16HD117

• When I was fifteen I wanted to be older. This is not what I expected!
  • 2.5K CVO Member
  • AKA 04hd103,AKA 07hd110,AKA 11hd110,AKA 16hd110
« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2007, 09:15:38 AM »

I recently had Rinehart Preformance baffles installed.  Here is the before/after dyno sheet.  Other mods include SERT and Stage I.

Before:  91.28HP    108.87 Torque
After:    94.92HP    113.46 Torque

Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out shouting Holy Chit......... What a Ride!

bikersander

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:17 PM »

Just put Vance and Hines oval slip-ons, free flow air filter, and dyna power commander. Dyno at 92 HP and 107 torque. Sounds, looks, and feels just right.

Gunn Runner

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2007, 01:13:30 PM »

83 HP   105 Torque on my 110 w/ Rinehardt Tru Dual
Gunn Runner

Dan_Lockwood

• 1K CVO Member
« Reply #119 on: August 02, 2007, 05:24:07 PM »

I recently had Rinehart Performance baffles installed.  Here is the before/after dyno sheet.  Other mods include SERT and Stage I.

Before:  91.28HP    108.87 Torque
After:    94.92HP    113.46 Torque

I have a quick question based on your dyno chart.

I know, I know, I shouldn't assume anything, but I'll go out on a limb on this one and assume the the more peaked bell curve in your dyno chart is for torque as that goes along with the legend stating torque on the right side of the chart.  That torque curve looks very peaky though.  The other upward to the right is the max power curve.

Torque is what a dyno records and hp is a calculation formula of torque and rpms.

That being said, ALL torque/power curves cross at 5250 rpms as a rule of this math formula.  Your chart shows that happening way down around 4,000 rpms.  I'm not sure how this can be.

I'll probably be going through all this later after my new '08 SERK gets in my hands.

Just thought I'd bring this up and see if anyone else has an answer for this.

Dan

2009 SERG Orange / Black
Board Track Racer Project, Ultima 113"/6spd
2021 Coleman UT400 Side By Side
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 17

Page created in 0.178 seconds with 25 queries.