Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Author Topic: Re: Dyno Numbers  (Read 66287 times)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
Re: Dyno Numbers
« Reply #135 on: October 14, 2007, 06:59:34 AM »

dont remember the software names, but dayton dyno, some mustang dynos, and IIRC, the early dynojet dont allow forced scaling.

Pitsquid

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #136 on: November 07, 2007, 02:36:50 PM »

I was fortunate enough to hang out in the dyno room with my tech during the tune due to the fact that I work for an HD dealer. Once I gain some computer literacy and access to a scanner I will post the actual printout. My stock runs,yes after the bike had warmed up, were as follows: 85HP and 102ft-lbs TQ. I added a SERT and Rinehart 2-1 exhaust and with tune ended up with 93HP and 114ft-lbs TQ. Not a huge gain in HP, however peak TQ is at 3200 RPM and the bike is just an animal out of the gate. Air/fuel mix is a nice even line also-very smooth and adjusted throttle response as well. Redline is now 6200 RPM. I've seen some other very impressive numbers and wouldn't mind trying to squeeze a little more- but the bike runs so good now I don't know if it's really necessary- but you're alway's left looking for just a little more!!

Speedneed

« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2007, 10:53:29 AM »

06 103 CI- Thunderheader, K & N Hi flow AC, SERT.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #138 on: November 15, 2007, 08:19:40 PM »

06 103 CI- Thunderheader, K & N Hi flow AC, SERT.

there lies your problem.

Speedneed

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2007, 09:44:15 AM »

Red-  Care to elaborate?

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #140 on: November 16, 2007, 01:10:43 PM »

thunderheader on a stock bagger. tis why your not making anything untill midrange.

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #141 on: November 16, 2007, 02:04:14 PM »

thunderheader on a stock bagger. tis why your not making anything untill midrange.

Dennis, do you see any problems using the TH on the 110" RevTech carb'd Evo Motor w/6-speed RT Trans, I'm putting in my Wide Glide? Thanks.

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #142 on: November 16, 2007, 09:19:20 PM »

Dennis, do you see any problems using the TH on the 110" RevTech carb'd Evo Motor w/6-speed RT Trans, I'm putting in my Wide Glide? Thanks.

Hoist! 8)

thunderheader seems to work better on evo motors. if you are gonna spin it up to make power---- you will not be riding in the famouse dip area. speedneed is cammed to where his tq curve is right at the t-header dip, negating any performance he may have had. kinda like putting big radius pipes on a motor that signs off at 4000 rpm.

i think the t-header will work well with your combo hoist!

Hoist!

• Monster
  • 10K CVO Member
  • This chit ain't ROCKET SCIENCE!!!!

• CVO1: '07C FLHRSE3, BLACK ICE OF COURSE, CUSTOM 110" TC 6-SPEED +++, "CYBIL"!!!
    • CVO2: '99 FXR3 BRIGHT & DARK CANDY BLUE W/FLAMES, STAGE II 80" EVO 5-SPEED +++, "JOY"!!!
    • CVO3: 4: & 5: '85 FXWG BLACK w/CUSTOM FLAMES, 110" EVO 6-SPEED +++ CVO style!!!; '08 NSMC PROSG CUSTOM FXR BASED PRO STREET BLACK, 89" EVO 5-SPEED, VERY FAST!!!; '09 NSMC HSTBBR CUSTOM RIGID HOISTBOBBER, SILVER METALFLAKE BATES SOLO SEAT & TIN w/BLACK WISHBONE FRAME, 80" EVO (w/Shovelhead bottom end) 4-SPEED! VERY COOL!!!
« Reply #143 on: November 16, 2007, 09:25:40 PM »

thunderheader seems to work better on evo motors. if you are gonna spin it up to make power---- you will not be riding in the famouse dip area. speedneed is cammed to where his tq curve is right at the t-header dip, negating any performance he may have had. kinda like putting big radius pipes on a motor that signs off at 4000 rpm.

i think the t-header will work well with your combo hoist!

Thanks for the consideration and your response Dennis! :2vrolijk_21:

I was hoping you'd say that. I wanted to use it on this build. ;)

Hoist! 8)
"We wanna be free to ride our machines without being hassled by The Man!"

Traxxion Dynamics Suspension Rules! "It ain't braggin' if you can back it up!"

"Cause I'm sitting on top of the world!" (zoom in on satellite map in my Profile)

bearammus

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #144 on: December 08, 2007, 04:04:10 PM »

Just removed V&H Fuel Pak from 07 CUSE with V&H Duels and ovals, Dorety AC with Power Paks and had bike dyno'd with SERT.  No changes to config. other than SERT.  Tuner set a perfectly flat AFR at 13.5.  I gained 5 lbs of torque (105lbs ) but nothing on HP (only 83.5hp).  Is it possible that the Fuel Pak was producing the same HP with no tuning required.  This was done on the same dyno with only about 10 degrees temp difference.  I was expecting a bump in hp from the SERT and tune.  Bike seems to running good and I'm hoping for a little improvement in mileage but would like to see more ponies for the $600 investment.  Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Boatman

• 2.5K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG

• CVO1: 2014 CVO Limited
    • CVO2: 2010 SEUC-accident victim-gone
    • CVO3: 2005 SEEG-traded on 2010
« Reply #145 on: December 08, 2007, 06:41:56 PM »

Sometimes I believe we put too much emphasis in the numbers.  I'd rather have the low numbers and a fun rideable/driveable bike in the hot/cold and any riding conditions.  But that's just me.

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #146 on: December 08, 2007, 10:14:31 PM »

Just removed V&H Fuel Pak from 07 CUSE with V&H Duels and ovals, Dorety AC with Power Paks and had bike dyno'd with SERT.  No changes to config. other than SERT.  Tuner set a perfectly flat AFR at 13.5.  I gained 5 lbs of torque (105lbs ) but nothing on HP (only 83.5hp).  Is it possible that the Fuel Pak was producing the same HP with no tuning required.  This was done on the same dyno with only about 10 degrees temp difference.  I was expecting a bump in hp from the SERT and tune.  Bike seems to running good and I'm hoping for a little improvement in mileage but would like to see more ponies for the $600 investment.  Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

your pipes are holding hp back, as well as the cams. also, as a rule of thumb------if you see a perfectly flat afr, the dyno guy is suspect.

bearammus

• Junior CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #147 on: December 13, 2007, 07:59:27 PM »

The AFR is not "perfectly" flat, but there is not much deviation.  Also, I'm not overly concerned about the numbers unless a problem is indicated.  My question is more related to realizing no gain in hp from the SERT and dyno from what was previously reported on the same dyno, same temp range with Fuel Pak.  Is this possible?  I gained 5 lbs of torque, why no hp gain?There were some bumps at the high point of hp, is it likely that they indicate some slippage on the dyno drum that would account for no gains in hp?  If anyone has an answer, please jump in here.  All input is appreciated.

Bearammus

rednectum

• Elite CVO Member
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2007, 07:03:58 AM »

The AFR is not "perfectly" flat, but there is not much deviation.  Also, I'm not overly concerned about the numbers unless a problem is indicated.  My question is more related to realizing no gain in hp from the SERT and dyno from what was previously reported on the same dyno, same temp range with Fuel Pak.  Is this possible?  I gained 5 lbs of torque, why no hp gain?There were some bumps at the high point of hp, is it likely that they indicate some slippage on the dyno drum that would account for no gains in hp?  If anyone has an answer, please jump in here.  All input is appreciated.

Bearammus

your cams and pipes are keeping horsepower from developing. change those and you would see a world of difference between the fuel pak and SERT tune.

mmbraun

• Junior CVO Member
« Reply #149 on: December 21, 2007, 11:39:24 AM »

Max Torque 118.23
Max Power  100.52

Bub 7 (w/o crossover), SE A/C, SE High Comp Pistons, Wood TW7H cams, SERT
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 17

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 25 queries.