Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Live Wire in the news  (Read 1146 times)

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• CVO1: 2005 CVO
    • CVO2: 2009 CVO SEUC
    • CVO3: 2017 CVO LIMITED
    • Re/Max
Bill

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
Re: Live Wire in the news
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2019, 02:49:47 PM »

I for one will be interested to read what the LiveWire buyers have to say when we have a LiveWire section here on CVOHarely. Will also be interested in what they have to say in person.  It's a curiosity.  Why spend $30k on a battery bike when there is a comparable bike out there for almost half the price? 

The guy from Zero's comment about new riders & spending less than $10k on these bikes seems to make sense, mostly due to their overall limitations in miles ridden per charge.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

ultrarider123

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2019, 03:36:21 PM »

I'm sure they aren't building this one for me but I'm hoping that the MoCo has success with this effort.  However, of all the years I've been riding and visited with other like-minded enthusiasts in the motorcycle world, I've yet to encounter someone that said "Yep, sure do like that V-twin but I wish they built an electric model"

That either shows my age and interest OR there isn't that much enthusiasm in this bike or these type bikes in the rural areas where I normally ride.

I did find it interesting in the article that while the MoCo was hoping for first time, youthful buyers, what they are getting are existing, older riders...product price is hurting them tremendously.

Hey Dave, have you heard if Scott is planning on becoming a Livewire dealer?  I would think not given the issues with range and our riding area but I had not heard either way. I haven't been out to SMHD in quite a while... ;D
« Last Edit: October 07, 2019, 03:38:23 PM by Haird »

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• Re/Max
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2019, 05:07:35 PM »

Just read on Google news "Harley Live Wire is a flop"....
Bill

muddypaws

• 5k CVO Member
  • 2012 FLHTCUS7

• Re/Max
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2019, 05:08:52 PM »

Bill

iski

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM 007
    • FL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice - Traded
    • CVO2: 2010 FLHTCUSE5 Screamin' Eagle Ultra - Crimson Mist Black/Dark Slate - Traded
    • CVO3: 2017 FLHTKSE CVO Limited - Black Garnet & Electric Red Pearl w/Carbon Dust
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2019, 05:17:00 PM »

Current HD CEO will not last through 2020 - expect to read that one sooner than later.

The new CEO will pledge to restore focus & strategically energize core demographic groups to utilize synergies in multi platform joint manufacturing & marketing approaches.  More gobbledegook.

HD on this trajectory - stock dropping, new products failing, older buyers choosing other toys, etc. etc. - is entering prime territory for a buyout or a takeover.  Not wishing that - would prefer HD right itself the right way instead of drifting hopelessly into the Great Sea of Red Ink.
"I had the right to remain silent, but I didn't have the ability." ~ RW

FLSTFI Dave

• IBA 69147
  • 5k CVO Member

• CVO1: 2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
    • CVO2: 2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
    • CVO3: 2003 Fatboy, 95"quot, S&ampS 570 gear drive cam
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2019, 08:45:45 AM »

I am not sure if Scott will become a Livewire dealer.  SMHD is in a great riding area, but most the day loops from there exceed the range of the Livewire.  I love the idea of the Livewire, but I could not ride from my house to SMHD and back with out getting a recharge.  So I definitely could not go ride the roads the Livewire would be a blast to ride on.

The Ridemore weekly rides out of the Dealership are 200 plus mile rides each week.  These are great rides with Staff that leads the ride, and a staff sweep also.
2023 FLTRXSE Whiskey Neat
2021 RA1250S Pan America Special
2019 FLTRXSE Red Pepper / Magnetic Gray Traded
2018 FLTRXSE Gunship Gray  Traded
2017 FLHXSE  Starfire Black / Atomic Red  Traded
2015 FLTRUSE Abyss Blue / Crushed Saphire Traded
2013 FLHRSE5 Diamond Dust 117  Traded
2012 FLTRXSE White Gold Pearl / Starfire Black  Traded
2009 FLTRSE3 Silver/Titanium  Traded
2003 Fatboy, real fire paint set,

ultrarider123

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2019, 01:13:24 PM »

I am not sure if Scott will become a Livewire dealer.  SMHD is in a great riding area, but most the day loops from there exceed the range of the Livewire. 

That's what I was thinking, too, Dave.  You'd spend more time charging the thing than on their rides OR riding the area roads on your on.  Again, I picture this as an urban rider and/or commuter bike for folks with lots of extra income to burn and charging facilities at their work destination.  I know ORNL has a few free charging parking spots for just such vehicles but those are currently filled with Leafs or Teslas

J.D.

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2019, 05:54:39 PM »

Guys this livewire is a joke.  They don't intend to make or sell many.  The competition us already 10 years and $18,000 ahead of this.

Unrelated, a buddy of mine bought a new (0 miles) 2016 Goldwing for $11,500 with full factory warranty and it's more powerful and rides better right off the showroom floor than anything you could buy and upgrade from Harley.  It is so refined.  Harley is doomed.

RivRaptor

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2019, 08:04:48 PM »

I like the line from the article "Due to limited demand HD is going to keep supplies tight to protect against discounting".  I thought the whole point is to make & sell bikes? 
2017 CVO Street Glide-Dark Slate Candy & Artic Black

Sometimes it's the people who no one imagines anything of that do the things that no one can imagine

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »

Goldwings have been around for decades and as you may have noticed they aren't selling well either. Your buddies is 4 years old and still new. We all could have bought a GW if we wanted one and we didn't.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2019, 08:58:01 PM »

Did anyone seriously think that at the price point offered and with the capabilities offered the Livewire would actually sell in any meaningful quantity?  It never stood a chance of being anything even close to popular.  It might be interesting.  I find it interesting.  But interesting and at all commercially viable/interesting are not the same thing.

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 25 queries.