Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: disappointed in my CVO 2013  (Read 2561 times)

scottt

• Elite CVO Member
Re: disappointed in my CVO 2013
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2019, 01:32:38 AM »

Still have my 07 and have worked through all issues so far. Over the years I have hoped for better outcomes with the new bikes. Still no reason to jump back in. Seems every year the poor folks who have are still dealing with some kind of issue. For the ones that have been lucky to avoid these problems i'm happy for them but I won't get bit again.
Had an 07 CVO as well. Loved the way it looked, loved having a 6 speed, sooo disappointed in the motor, suspension and brakes. Gave the 14 Rushmore a try, more issues. Hope the M8 is better?

Sent from my SM-J327T using Tapatalk

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2019, 11:15:54 AM »

I only wish you luck if you go for a new one. I also still love mine for the reasons I first bought it. I had the 110 motor issues several times (head and base gasket leaks etc.) so when the last one happened I had comp Assembly failure as well. I had the 110 fixed and installed a Jims 131. It blew up about 8k miles and I got lucky and whoever put it back together did an awesome job and has been very solid ever since. Good luck on your choice.

Ironhorse

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: 2006 SE Ultra
    • CVO2: 2018 GoldWing DCT Airbag
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2019, 12:32:22 PM »

I only wish you luck if you go for a new one. I also still love mine for the reasons I first bought it. I had the 110 motor issues several times (head and base gasket leaks etc.) so when the last one happened I had comp Assembly failure as well. I had the 110 fixed and installed a Jims 131. It blew up about 8k miles and I got lucky and whoever put it back together did an awesome job and has been very solid ever since. Good luck on your choice.

Terry,

I'm not tracking here. You rebuilt your factory OEM, then put in a Jims 131? Then the 131 blew up, and you had that rebuilt?

Mark
"But men are men, the best sometimes forget" Shakespeare, Othello Act 2, Scene 3

Rooster

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLhtcuse2.ORG
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2019, 10:55:44 AM »

Yes Mark. I had already had Baisley headwork,50mm throttle body, exhaust, and tuned on the 110. After the third head gasket/base gasket leaks my warranty was over. The last time the comp assembly went bad and after changing to Evo Industries 30t at the dealers recommendation when I wanted the first revision of HD's comp the 30t gearing was good through town but above 50 vibrations were horrible I took it back and had them install the HD Comp and it has been in there ever since. The Jim's 131 went down at aprox 8k miles on the way home from the Pala GTG. A friend of mine and I tore the motor down and after seeing all the damage I called Jim's. They had me send them the motor and admitted they had other motors as well. I knew the problem was the cheap cam bearings same as HD uses was the culprit. As soon as they got the motor they called and said we noticed the tappets were not the Jim's ones the motor came with and I said no I had the dealer install Harley B's as suggested by another dealer because the Jim's lifters are not to be trusted and they are to noisy. I also said I know it was the cam bearings failure not the lifters. So they rebuilt it and sent it back. My friend and I reinstalled it and it has been a whole lot better motor since. I was happy that it got in the hands of someone who knew what they were doing. I ran the new motor with the Jim's lifters for breakin then changed them back to Harley B's. Yes the Jim's were noisy.

trippy

• Full CVO Member
  • 2007 CVO Road King 113cu Stage 4 Baker F6R
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2019, 11:18:37 AM »

hi, I'm Pieter from The Netherlands and I own a FLHRSE5 2013; I had recently a problem with the tappets, one of the tappets had a broken bearing and I had to change the tappets, the oilpump and some more parts, about 3000 euro damage; I cannot accept that after 40.000 kilometres (25000 miles) the special SE tappets fail on a 40.000 euro bike......is this an exeption or a common problem?

When you say "Special SE Tappets" are you talking about the ones that came with the bike from new?

Only if memory serves me right, they are just standard Harley lifters, in other words "Poor", if I were in your position, I would have changed them out for S&S or fueling ASAP, the original Harley lifters and inner cam bearings appear to be at the heart of 80-90% of 110 issues, People seem to think that because the Engine is a "SE" engine that it has higher quality parts inside, sadly thats not true.

WHUFC   COYI

PS Fat Bob

« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »

last year I bought an extra warranty for 2019, I'm happy I did because the total damage was 3000 euro.....but that included that I had to accept that the original tappets (SE) were replaced;
as I want a less heavy bike I am looking for a new Softail with the M8 engine, and of course the M8 will have its problems but I buy a new bike with a warranty of 4 years  8)

I want to thank you all for your answers and comments!
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 21 queries.