Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clutch , speaker and cam questions 2016 Cvo SG  (Read 1417 times)

markp1965

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • BC

Clutch , speaker and cam questions 2016 Cvo SG
« on: February 12, 2020, 12:55:14 PM »

I have a few issues with my 2016 Cvo streetglide firstly my clutch lever has gotten to the point where it doesn’t engage till it’s literally all the way out and I mean it engages in the last few millimeters I have no clutch slippage , I had into my useless dealer who said it was within spec . I have 30000 kms on it and don’t ride extremely hard or ride the clutch but is it possible the clutch needs replacing ? And will that bring the engage point of the lever back closer to the ba r ?  On the speaker I’ve got a rear blown speaker and heard the newer Harley speakers are better  any thoughts or is there a viable replacement ,? And as far as cam goes I’m looking at the zipper performance red shift 857 cam and am just wondering if anyone had experience with this cam and how it performed or if it’s worth it for the gains  , my current ride has stock motor with decatted head pipe , Arlen ness big sucker air kit and fullsac 2.25” baffles

GregKhougaz

• It's a Two Wheeled World.
  • Global Moderator
  • 5k CVO Member
    • CA

• CVO1: '22 BMW Grand America
    • CVO2: '18 Porsche C4 GTS
    • CVO3: '22 Porsche Macan GTS and my mountain bike.
Re: Clutch , speaker and cam questions 2016 Cvo SG
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 01:04:54 PM »

Mark, you can help the membership help you by sticking to one topic / issue per post. Your clutch issue really should be the drivetrain section. A number of members have had similar clutch issues to yours and there are various remedies for it though a hydraulic clutch is generally not adjustable. Very doubtful the clutch needs replacing. I suggest you search in the drivetrain board.

I don't think anyone's going to describe a Harley speaker has better. There are various aftermarket replacements and again, search in the electronic toys and gadgets board.

"We've got some tall tales we love to tell.  They may not be true but we sure do remember them well." 
 Sawyer Brown

When you come to a fork in the road... take it!

1roadking

• Senior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NH

• CVO1: 2016 SE Streetglide
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 07:22:11 AM »

Your clutch issue might just be a fluid issue requiring the flushing and replacing of the fluid in your hydraulic clutch. The new Harley rear speakers are much better then the 2016 speakers! I blew 4 original style on my 2016 and now have blown 0 of the new style. As far as cams go, I wouldn’t bother unless your going to do more motor work. The stock 255 is a pretty good fit for the stock 110 compression ratio. You can get a little more but a tuned stock 110 with a good exhaust doesn’t leave a whole lot in the table cam wise in my opinion.

Jamesw2066

• www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • VA

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2020, 09:40:06 PM »

Barnett’s scorpion clutch fixed all my issues.

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 25 queries.