Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cam Position Sensor - 98 Fatboy  (Read 5981 times)

rprider

• CVO1: 05 SE Fatboy
    • A Motorcycle Picture Diary from the Philippines and United States
Cam Position Sensor - 98 Fatboy
« on: June 22, 2008, 12:20:52 AM »

I have a 98 Fatboy and recently the Cam Position Sensor went bad. The replacement part number for this bike is 32448-95A... but I can't get one b'cuz I live in the Philippines (long story) and unfortunately we don't have any Harley dealers here. But fortunately one of my buddies did have one but the part number was different, 32400-80A (JPcycles says this part number is for a 1980-93 Big Twin). Upon visual inspection the only difference I could find is the terminals at the other end of the wires are different. I went ahead and modified the wiring on this Cam Position Sensor and installed it. I been riding it without a problem for about a week now. My question is does anyone know if running this older model Cam Position Sensor is ok or not? ...could there be any damage that can come from using it? ...example is the voltage/resistance/amperage any different between these two Cam Position Sensors (32448-95A and the 32400-80A)? I'm thinking not b'cuz many after-market single fire ignitions systems say they are for Big Twins 1970 thru 1999... so my theory of thinking is the only difference between the two is that Harley changed the wiring terminals...(?)

Does anyone have any real knowledge on these Cam Position Sensors??

smitty

103_RK

• Full CVO Member
Re: Cam Position Sensor - 98 Fatboy
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 06:32:21 AM »

If it works, use it.  It will do fine without any problems.  If there were problems you would not be able to use the new part.  It either works and senses the position of the cam or doesn't.
103 RK
2003 FLHRSEI2

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 24 queries.