Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Legend Revo-a vs revo  (Read 3942 times)

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

• CVO1: 2015 CVO Limited
Legend Revo-a vs revo
« on: November 25, 2017, 01:20:35 PM »

So I have decided to finally replace the air shocks on my 15 CVO Limited. I have been looking at the Legends for the front and back.

Question is, is it worth it for the couple of hundred bucks to have the adjustable rebound. I do not push the bike to the limits. Mostly just cruising and a little spirited riding. All comments are welcome on the Legends.

Thanks,
Rich

CVODON

• 1K CVO Member
    • FL

• CVO1: 15 FLTRUSE
Re: Legend Revo-a vs revo
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 04:57:42 PM »

Will you adjust the adjustable ones? Or just set them and then forget about it? Most people have no idea how to adjust, or what they are trying to achieve and either mess with them constantly, never really satisfied or just bolt on the non-adjustable ones and tell everyone how wonderful they are.
Which are you?

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 08:32:20 AM »

Will you adjust the adjustable ones? Or just set them and then forget about it? Most people have no idea how to adjust, or what they are trying to achieve and either mess with them constantly, never really satisfied or just bolt on the non-adjustable ones and tell everyone how wonderful they are.
Which are you?
I fall more into the just bolt them on and leave them type. I was just wondering if a better ride would be achieved and leave them alone. I will most likely go with the non adjustable ones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:47:12 AM »

I'm just guessing here, but I'd be willing to bet that 99% of riders of Harley touring models would never adjust rebound damping.  On the other hand, serious sport bike riders probably wear out the adjustments searching for the "sweet spot". 

The nonadjustable shocks on the market have compression and rebound damping rates set for average conditions, and are in some ways like "one size fits all" clothing.  It works for many, but not for all.  If you are far from average, in terms of riding style or amount of weight you carry, perhaps having an adjustable rebound setting would be beneficial.  However, that doesn't mean constantly screwing around with the setting, it just means taking the time to fine tune the damping and then leaving it alone.  Having adjustments doesn't mean you aren't getting your money's worth if you aren't constantly adjusting something.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

ultrafxr

• There are no sure answers, only better questions. - Dick Van Dyke
  • 5k CVO Member
  • No problem is so small it cannot be misunderstood.
    • TN

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTCUTG Tahitian Teal
    • CVO2: 2017 FLHTKSE Palladium Silver/Phantom Blue/Wicked Sapphire-traded
    • CVO3: 2012 FLHTCUSE7 Electric Orange/Black Diamond-traded
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 08:53:25 AM »

I'm just guessing here, but I'd be willing to bet that 99% of riders of Harley touring models would never adjust rebound damping.  On the other hand, serious sport bike riders probably wear out the adjustments searching for the "sweet spot". 

The nonadjustable shocks on the market have compression and rebound damping rates set for average conditions, and are in some ways like "one size fits all" clothing.  It works for many, but not for all.  If you are far from average, in terms of riding style or amount of weight you carry, perhaps having an adjustable rebound setting would be beneficial.  However, that doesn't mean constantly screwing around with the setting, it just means taking the time to fine tune the damping and then leaving it alone.  Having adjustments doesn't mean you aren't getting your money's worth if you aren't constantly adjusting something.

Jerry

I agree with that.  Had a set of the Rev-As on my 2012.  I did determine the settings I preferred for solo vs two-up and since most of my riding is two-up I didn't adjust it all that much.  But when riding solo for an extended period I would make the adjustment.

Places ridden on my bike from my driveway.
IBA member # 45520

4fun

• Full CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • NJ

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 09:50:08 PM »

Just as an update, I went with Revo-a on the rear and the Axeos in the front. Pretty easy to install.

Found out that one of the original air shocks started to leak.  Only 8500 miles on them.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 24 queries.