Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:57:19 AM 
Started by lopezfr1 - Last post by lopezfr1
Possible broken valve spring, caused the valve to hit the piston which caused the loss of power, sounds like you need to authorize tear down instead of guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@KGB - based on other threads, even if it's just the valve spring and valve... would you have concerns about piston/cylinder damage and shrapnel floating around the rest of the engine?

on: Today at 11:38:08 AM 
Started by lopezfr1 - Last post by KGB
Possible broken valve spring, caused the valve to hit the piston which caused the loss of power, sounds like you need to authorize tear down instead of guessing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

on: Today at 11:19:35 AM 
Started by lopezfr1 - Last post by lopezfr1
Hi All!

Need some advice. My M-E 114 engine failed under power. I was doing about 80 on the highway in 6th gear when there was a loud bang, then a lot of rattling and no power (sounded like a bunch of rocks banging around an oil drum). Towed it to the nearest HD dealer and as expected zero compression on one of the cylinders (rear).

They wanted my authorization for 4 hours of tear down time to determine the issue. I figure that $500 bucks is better spent on a new engine since I doubt this one is salvageable.

What do the rest of you think?

Thanks!

on: Yesterday at 09:45:03 PM 
Started by michaeld - Last post by d3v1ld0g
If the lifters have 100,000 miles, I would try to buy the same ones again :D. People on this site change them every 20,000-30,000 miles

on: Yesterday at 07:47:43 PM 
Started by iski - Last post by EAGLE1
Any of you guys ever stopped into Far Gohn Brewing Company in Culpeper, VA?  Steve is a very distant cousin of mine whom I’ve never met (but have exchanged emails with).  I plan on stopping in next time I’m on my way to Arlington.

On the NE shore of Lake Champlain in Burlington Vt. This is by “Foam”, one of my favorites.

on: Yesterday at 02:15:11 PM 
More Treehouse on the water
JJJUICEEEE project, Citra Bomb!!!!!!!!!
 Love this stuff

on: Yesterday at 01:07:47 PM 
Started by iski - Last post by SIKBIRD
Any of you guys ever stopped into Far Gohn Brewing Company in Culpeper, VA?  Steve is a very distant cousin of mine whom I’ve never met (but have exchanged emails with).  I plan on stopping in next time I’m on my way to Arlington.

on: Yesterday at 12:52:05 PM 

I like a lot of dark beers, but I cannot handle that cloudy stuff unless it is a nice hefeweizen.

That cloudy stuff is worth it's weight in gold down here, my buddy who is a professional Beer Mule, makes some serious coin traveling up the east coast buying and bringing back 50+ cases of premium top rated beers from a list of top notch breweries and making 2x & 3x the cost of the beer  :drink:

Fidens
Tree House Brewing Company
Hill Farmstead Brewery
The Alchemist
Lawson's Finest Liquids
Maine Beer Company
Trillium Brewing Company
Tired hands
Burial
Foam
Equilibrium

on: Yesterday at 08:17:11 AM 
Started by michaeld - Last post by michaeld
Yes, but havn't started it yet, still putting it back together !
Bearings look good, and no metal bits anywhere, very clean cam chest, and I believe the lifters were the originals !

on: May 06, 2024, 10:51:45 PM 
Started by michaeld - Last post by d3v1ld0g
Did you change the lifters? What about the cam bearings?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Page created in 0.129 seconds with 17 queries.