Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Author Topic: New Zipper's dual-piston cam tensioners  (Read 24194 times)

petewerner

• I live to ride, I love to ride, everyday I ride :)
  • Senior CVO Member
  • Ride it like U stole it, live life the same way.

• CVO1: 2003 FXSTDSE Sold
Re: New Zipper's dual-piston cam tensioners
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

Might be cool with the new Clarity Cam cover :D
1998 FLSTF with Kerker 2/1, Dyna 2000i single
       Fire Ignition, Chrome swing arm, Garrett Billet Wheels, Too much chrome
       2 list....
2011 FLTRx 103, Stage IV, SE Heavy Breather, SE Race Tuner, SE 58mm TB, V&H Power Duals, V&H H.O. Slipons=, Dyno tuned 117HP-111TQ :D Tank lift, drop seat, turning DARK

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
  • EBCM #1.5 Emeritus DSP # ? Critter Gawker #?
    • MO

• CVO1: 2000 Triple Red Screamin' Eagle Road Glide
    • CVO2: 2002 Candy Brandywine Screamin' Eagle Road King
    • CVO3: 1999 Arresting Red FXR2
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2012, 04:18:06 PM »

"The follow on product to this will be an improved dipstick wiping cloth."

Twolane, do you have the part number for this?  It will be the perfect compliment to my digital oil level/temp gauge/dipstick and Cobra PowrPro.

Scott, just ignore those wet-blanket-buzzkill skeptics (you know who you are!).  :zstupid:  They probably fried the cat in Wesson Oil (I hope that 70s reference isn't lost here).  Thanks for the info, your wisdom and input is always appreciated.   :2vrolijk_21: :asskiss emoticon:   Keep up the good work!

Dan

Dan, being my ever helpful self here's the image file you were going for.    And being my ever corteous self; you're welcome :2vrolijk_21: .

lilcoot

• Elite CVO Member
  • Scaramoosh! Scaramoosh! Can you do the Fandango?

• CVO1: '13 FLTCUSE8
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2012, 05:52:47 PM »

Don, you are a gem!  I hoped someone would catch my :asskiss emoticon:.  Now I regret what I said to your Bike for Sale thread.

Now if I can figure out how to save it for future use...

gabe

• because i can
  • Elite CVO Member
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2012, 07:14:00 PM »

Part # 413-901.
These look to be a very well thought out product, for the hydraulic cam chain set-ups.
Scott

mine showed up today  nice looking item
Scott is not the first person to tell me about these  i ordered them because BAISLEY HI- PERFORMANCE  said with his bypass valve and spring setup this would be the ticket for un controled oil pressure and low oil pressure
 I  have not install yet but time will tell HOPE to have build done this weekend  i have installed bypass valve in cam plate and spring another nice item   http://baisley.com/oil_spring_product.htm
time tells all stories
gabe
2009 ultra black
1962 impala 409/ 4 speed /posi rear/ 2 4 barrels

HILLSIDECYCLE.COM

• Banned
  • 1K CVO Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2012, 07:04:11 AM »

Yep.
Scott

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2012, 08:03:47 AM »

Zipper's claims an increase in horsepower when you put one of these puppies in. Does anyone have a dyno sheet for verification??   :2vrolijk_21:
Trust, but verify.

PASN YU

• Ride Hard
  • Full CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 FLHXSE3 Ruby Red/Typhoon Maroon
    • CVO2: 2019 FLTRXSE Mako Shark
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2012, 07:19:48 AM »

What were they laughing about?   :nixweiss:
Trust, but verify.

sadunbar

• 10K CVO Member
  • EBCM # Stealth - SSBS # 1.1 - SoA # Z&E2525 .01%
    • IL

• CVO1: 2007 FLHTCUSE2
    • CVO2: 2000 FXR4
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2012, 08:48:35 AM »

Perhaps Zippers does.
BTW, it took about 24 months for this patented product to come to market.
While I was talking to them the other day, in regards to some back-ordered products, we were discussing the negative comments in this thread.
They laughed.............
Scott

Did you discuss the similar negative comments made about this "product" being made on the other various motorcycle forums also?  There's a lot of laughing going on....
2007 Screamin Eagle Ultra Classic - Light Candy Cherry and Black Ice
Screamin Eagle 120r
Revolution Performance EMS
Fuel Moto Jackpot headpipes and 4.5" Pro Touring Mufflers
HPI 55mm Throttle Body w/5.3 injectors
BDL clutch w/VPC92T
Traxxion AK-20
Legend Air Suspension
Brembo Brake Calipers/Rotors
Garmin Zumo
575 Chubby's
Bushtec Quantum

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2012, 09:27:54 AM »

What were they laughing about?   :nixweiss:

I assume they were laughing about how easy it is to fool some of the people all of the time.  They also know a couple of the people who made negative comments fairly well from previous dealings those folks have had with Zipper's.

I may be hard headed, but I can be swayed to reevaluate my position on things when I'm presented with real evidence and proof.  I find it sort of funny how simple requests for proof a problem really exists are ignored.  Still waiting for anyone to offer up some proof to back up the claims on not only this product, but a lot of other stuff being hawked these days.

For those who like to blindly believe whatever they see in advertising, feel free to do so.  We all know that no one would ever mislead anyone to make a buck. 

Scott, none of my comments are meant to cast aspersions on you btw.  You just offered the information to the forum that was presented to you.  I've never had any reason to doubt your veracity in the past, and don't see any reason here either.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2012, 09:31:08 AM »

Did you discuss the similar negative comments made about this "product" being made on the other various motorcycle forums also?  There's a lot of laughing going on....

Don't be surprised at Zipper's response to legitimate product questions.  Figuratively or literally laughing at their customers and general disregard is a too often related theme of their fair weather customer support.  Shops that behave that way, and shops that collude in that behavior, are shops to be skeptical of.

Hillside posted a product.  An expensive product even compared to the MoCo's offering.  Posted a product on a public discussion forum.  The product wasn't bashed.  But it was quite legitimately questioned. 

For that apparently both Zippers and Hillside got their feelings hurt and felt better about it after "laughing" at and thereby disrespecting their potential customers.  Just because that potential client base chose an approach that questions a product before purchase rather than being the lemming to expensive products just because that product is laid out.  Has to make one question the shops as well as the product.

eleft36

• Full CVO Member
  • Senior Rider
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012, 09:54:05 AM »

I assume they were laughing about how easy it is to fool some of the people all of the time.  They also know a couple of the people who made negative comments fairly well from previous dealings those folks have had with Zipper's.

I may be hard headed, but I can be swayed to reevaluate my position on things when I'm presented with real evidence and proof.  I find it sort of funny how simple requests for proof a problem really exists are ignored.  Still waiting for anyone to offer up some proof to back up the claims on not only this product, but a lot of other stuff being hawked these days.

For those who like to blindly believe whatever they see in advertising, feel free to do so.  We all know that no one would ever mislead anyone to make a buck. 

Scott, none of my comments are meant to cast aspersions on you btw.  You just offered the information to the forum that was presented to you.  I've never had any reason to doubt your veracity in the past, and don't see any reason here either.

Jerry

Yes,
me too Jerry.

“I find it sort of funny how simple requests for proof a problem really exists are ignored.”

in reference to,
“especially an ad from a company with a history of misleading claims”.  ??

Al
2010 CVO 110" Conv. Exhaust, K&N A/C, Stock Heads, SE 103" BB kit, Andrews 26H Cams, Adapted H-D Engine Guard, Mustang wide Touring Seat, Stock Bars, H-D Oil Cooler, 1990 Leather Works Inc. Bags with Deluxe modified guards, H-D Windshield, Thunder Max A/T, '05 CVO Tour Pac, SCRC Chapter 524

Twolanerider

• 25K CVO Member
    • MO

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012, 09:59:31 AM »

Yes,
me too Jerry.

“I find it sort of funny how simple requests for proof a problem really exists are ignored.”

in reference to,

Al

By the product supplier and their sales agent had an opportunity to do one of two things after seeing questions on the product.  They could have:

A) Represented the product claims
B) Laughed at and/or ridiculed their potential customers

Personally I'll never spend money with businesses whose first choice is B.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012, 12:16:56 PM »

Yes,
me too Jerry.

in reference to,

Al

Just my personal experiences with purchases from the folks at Zipper's in the past Al.  Reinforced by the similar experiences that have been cussed and discussed on this forum by other members over the years.  One case in point, the totally false and misleading claims that were made when they brought the T-Max to market.  Mine was returned when they couldn't make it run worth two dead flies, much less do all the wonderful things they claimed in their ads and promotional posts on this very site.  Their support was nonexistent, they didn't have any real answers to tech questions, and the product did not work for a significant number of people.  There are other examples, but I'm not interested in rehashing all of them.  If you like them, or happen to be a shill for them, fine with me.  You can have your opinion of them, and I will continue to have mine until I see proof that they aren't just blowing smoke like in the past.

Still waiting to see any evidence offered up by anyone, not just Zipper's, to indicate there is a widespread problem with the stock system that requires this solution btw.  Do you have any such information, either from your personal experience with late model Twin Cams or from some impartial source?  I find it strange that with all the engine builders on this site and other Harley sites, no one has been saying anything about the late model hydraulic tensioner system being a POS like the old spring loaded system.  In fact, when the discussion comes around to gear drives, many of the engine builders offer up the opinion that they aren't really needed since the change to the hydraulic tensioner system.

Anyhow, everyone is free to believe what they want and spend their money with whoever they want.  I'd hate to cause another recession by insisting folks only spend on stuff that is actually necessary.  Doing that might put the Harley market into a dive from which it would never recover.  Let me run right out and buy a set of those 8 hp spark plug wires as my contribution to keeping the Harley market alive and well.

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.

HD Street Performance

• Vendor
  • 2.5K CVO Member
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012, 10:20:35 PM »

Bobby had enough faith in the STOCK chain drive to offer a TW62 for the 07up. This is no wee bitty cam my friends
I just kick back and wait for the product to stand on it's own merit and show some value for the $$$ spent. That will take a while.
My latest buy and what I feel passes the sniff test is Bakers chain tensioner for the late models.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 10:22:51 PM by Deweysheads »

98fxstc

• Full CVO Member
  • 09 FXDFSE
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2012, 07:40:06 AM »

Should this be the start of another thread?

I had a look at the Bakers chain tensioner.
One step forward, one step back !
Or ... one step back, one step forward .
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7  All

Page created in 0.205 seconds with 20 queries.