Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Author Topic: Heated Grips  (Read 5287 times)

RedNose44

• Junior CVO Member
  • www.CVOHARLEY.com
    • CA

• CVO1: 2016 CVO SG Carbon Crystal / Phantom Flames
Re: Heated Grips
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 02:03:02 PM »

Make sure they know that it has to be an absolutely perfect repair. I would try to get them to replace rather than repair. With the prices we pay we are entitled to expect perfection.

I agree. My dealer told me they don't even try and fix damaged paint on CVO's. That's why they ordered me a new inner fairing instead of trying to fix it.

BEIST

• 2013 Honda Goldwing F6B
    • PA

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 03:38:41 PM »

Who is the dealer working on this bike ???

My brother bought the bike at Hannum's in Media PA. They have three local dealerships, now celebrating 60 years of quality service, and also seemed to be the only place, in the Tri-state area, that had a 2016 CVO in stock. The York dealership did not have access to one and they can almost piss out a window into the factory parking lot.
Ride like they are trying to kill you.

Cat Eye

• 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2015 FLHXSE
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 06:19:32 PM »

My brother bought the bike at Hannum's in Media PA. They have three local dealerships, now celebrating 60 years of quality service, and also seemed to be the only place, in the Tri-state area, that had a 2016 CVO in stock. The York dealership did not have access to one and they can almost piss out a window into the factory parking lot.

You are in good hands.  They sub some of there detailing work out to a pain shop that does great work.  While my road king was in for service they scratched my saddlebag.  They caught it and call me to tell me the bad news.  They said that they would send it out to be repaired and if I didn't like it they would replace it.

When I went to pick it up I was unable to determine where the scratch was....even after they pointed it out...and under a spot light.

Like I said....you are in good hands :2vrolijk_21:

D-N-D

• 5k CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
    • PA

• CVO1: 2020 FLHTKSE Limited / Moonlight Blue & Deep Sea Blue
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2016, 06:25:56 AM »

Hannum's is a very good dealer they will take care of you I purchased many bike's from them and never had any problems getting warranty work done right. JR ( Sales Manager ) is a stand up guy he will go to bat for you if Harley will not.

Dante
DND

BEIST

• 2013 Honda Goldwing F6B
    • PA

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2016, 01:04:59 PM »

My brother has still not driven his new CVO.  :nixweiss:
The defect in the paint requires new paint - or something? My brother was getting concerned because it has been taking so long and asked me to check on it because he lives two hours away from Hannum's in Media PA. When I stopped by (and took this picture) they were all: "No big deal! Couple of coats of clear coat and it will be better than new." When I asked what the delay was they could not answer me. The very next day they called to tell my brother that their painter was waiting on the specific paint color. He got all worked up about "matching the paint" and asked why they were not just replacing the tank. He was then told that was not an option. A month ago it was an option but it would take six weeks = what's up with that !?! This is turning into a real bummer.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2016, 01:07:53 PM by BEIST »
Ride like they are trying to kill you.

grc

• 10K CVO Member
  • AKA Grouchy Old Fart
    • IN

• CVO1: 2005 SEEG2
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2016, 05:44:50 PM »

My brother has still not driven his new CVO.  :nixweiss:
The defect in the paint requires new paint - or something? My brother was getting concerned because it has been taking so long and asked me to check on it because he lives two hours away from Hannum's in Media PA. When I stopped by (and took this picture) they were all: "No big deal! Couple of coats of clear coat and it will be better than new." When I asked what the delay was they could not answer me. The very next day they called to tell my brother that their painter was waiting on the specific paint color. He got all worked up about "matching the paint" and asked why they were not just replacing the tank. He was then told that was not an option. A month ago it was an option but it would take six weeks = what's up with that !?! This is turning into a real bummer.

I'm guessing that "what's up with it" has to do with the $1700 price for a new tank and Harley isn't approving a warranty claim to fix what was most likely damage caused by the dealership when they were working on the bike.  Even assuming the dealer cost of the tank is several hundred dollars less than MSRP, they can get their employee to hit the tank with a couple coats of paint for a heck of a lot less than what they would pay for a new tank.  However, if the results suck and your brother refuses to accept it, they are still going to have to order a tank and wait a month or two to receive it.  I would counsel your brother to get more involved and go over some people's heads if needed.  I assume he would like to have his bike available to ride on the occasional nice days common over the next month or two. 

Jerry
Jerry - 2005 Cherry SEEG  -  Member # 1155

H-D and me  -  a classic love / hate relationship.  Current score:  love 40, hate 50, bewildered 10.
Pages: 1 [2]  All

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 21 queries.