Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Saddle bag lights  (Read 2006 times)

hogasm

Saddle bag lights
« on: January 04, 2009, 05:51:34 PM »

Automatic saddlebag lights.

There whole product line seemed reasonably priced...don't know if their products hold up

Anyone tried their products

http://cyron.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BL102&Category_Code=AM

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

• CVO1: 2021 CVO Limited
Re: Saddle bag lights
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2009, 06:27:22 AM »

From the picture, I can't quite figure out where you would mount these with the way these hard bags open.  I'm sure there is a way, but I'm just not seeing it.

BayouBiker

• Patriot Guard - HOG - ABATE
  • 1K CVO Member

• CVO1: '07 Cherry Jester 110"
    • CVO2: '99 FXDWG 96"
    • CVO3: 'BSR'
    • photos by Tiki Tom
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2009, 07:51:00 AM »

I think they would mount to the inside of the bag itself??    :nixweiss: :nixweiss:
Live - Love - Ride
         :-*

Guardian Angels are everywhere! When they don't have wings, I call them friends.

hogasm

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2009, 08:25:02 AM »

I think they would mount to the inside of the bag itself??    :nixweiss: :nixweiss:

That is what I was thinking.

Harley's are mounted under the tour pack and you have to touch the light to get them to cut on.

These look to be magnetically controlled and when the bag opens, the light comes on.

They can not be cut accidentally cut on by something hitting the switch in the light.

NO WIRING

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2009, 08:27:05 AM »

That much I realize.  The only way I could figure is mounting the light to the inside on the opposite side from where the latch is. Then mount the magnetic piece to the lid...except the way the light is set up, the light would be facing the backside of the bag instead of into the bag.  I just ran this through my head again, and according to the direction of the arrows in the picture, I am still not seeing a way to hook these up inside our bags.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 08:29:50 AM »

It looks from the illustration that the magnetic part must go against the back side of the light.  If the backside of the light is velcroed to the bag, how do you get the magnet behind it.  Maybe I'm looking at the illustration incorrectly or they did a poor job of illustrating it.

1abastarsmda

• 2.5K CVO Member
    • PA

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 08:38:06 AM »

I just looked one more time.  The only way I could figure to mount it would be with the light attached to the lid on the top smaller surface area and dangling by itself when opened.  With our saddlebags, you would end up with a light that isn't shining in the bags at all.  I'm sure they aren't making these things with no way to work, but from the illustration, I'm not sure how that's done.  Oh well, I guess I'm just going to pass on these.  I've gotten along without lights in my saddlebags for all these years...I think I can make it through the rest of life without them.  I will be curious to see a photo of how they installed if you get them.  Don't let me discourage you.  There must be a way, or they wouldn't have made them.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 04:18:11 PM »

If you've got a king tourpak, the moco lights work really well. I had a set on the 01 I had and really liked them. I wanted to put them on the 06/07, but don't like cutting a hole in the pak nor the way the rubber housing mates with the shape of the pleather-pak. But they really do a great job. Having to touch them on was no big deal and better yet, they auto off, point where they're needed and are plenty bright enough.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

hard10

• Emperor of the Imperial Grand Masters of Sarcasm
  • 5k CVO Member
  • EBCM # 6 1/157.48

• CVO1: FLHTCUSE²
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 04:28:22 PM »

If you've got a king tourpak, the moco lights work really well. I had a set on the 01 I had and really liked them. I wanted to put them on the 06/07, but don't like cutting a hole in the pak nor the way the rubber housing mates with the shape of the pleather-pak. But they really do a great job. Having to touch them on was no big deal and better yet, they auto off, point where they're needed and are plenty bright enough.

So what have you done? I've got the H-D lights and also don't want to drill a hole in the leather TP. I was thinking of cutting the posts off and then using 3M tape to attach, snaking the wire out through one of the existing holes. What do you think?

Lzyboy

• Senior CVO Member

• CVO1: Black and Gray 08
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2009, 10:33:26 PM »

If Im looking at this right. The housing seems kinda thick?
Life time member VFW 7450 San Diego! Love your freedom, Thank a Vet!

hogasm

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2009, 07:18:44 AM »

Hopefully after Cincinnati and some of the other vendor shows...someone will let us know about these lights :2vrolijk_21:

Everyone complains about harley's, so I thought I would ask about these.

arcticdude

• 1K CVO Member
  • FLHRSEI.ORG
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2009, 10:26:38 AM »

So what have you done? I've got the H-D lights and also don't want to drill a hole in the leather TP. I was thinking of cutting the posts off and then using 3M tape to attach, snaking the wire out through one of the existing holes. What do you think?

At this point, I haven't done anything.  I never liked any option I could devise for mounting them on the bottom of the pleather tourpak.
don't waste your time with a usa-spec ipod adapter- chitty products with chitty support

erniezap

• Global Moderator
  • 2.5K CVO Member

• CVO1: 2012 SEUC - Black/Orange
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »

Brian, I have Harley's LED lights on both bikes.  The saddlebag lights mount in the holes where the rubber bumpers are at the front of the tourpak.  Absolutely love them and have never had a problem with them.
2012 Black/Orange SEUC

hogasm

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »

Brian, I have Harley's LED lights on both bikes.  The saddlebag lights mount in the holes where the rubber bumpers are at the front of the tourpak.  Absolutely love them and have never had a problem with them.

:2vrolijk_21:

Page created in 0.15 seconds with 21 queries.